11 Players OUT and rest on 50% wage cuts

Bluepeter9

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was one of those going, I'd volunteer to play for free until I got fixed up at another club.

They get to train and stay match fit and Rangers still have players.

Rangers have been good to them and it would enable them to give something back. What else are they gonna do - play golf ?

There is also the possibility of a new owner coming along in a few months and they'd be in pole position.

So in the non transfer window do these players become free of contract and available to sign for other clubs on a free ??? i.e Davis could get just as much as he's on just now but cost the club he goes to hee haw ? ..........is that right or am i getting that totally wrong ?

If so surely you take the hit for a few months on a few of your big hitters and try salvage some kind of fee for them in the summer. Otherwise the extended contracts for Davis , Whittaker & Shagger will just have been a waste of time and effort in the situ we're in just now..............the thought of playing the Romans with a squad of young boys gee's me the heeve (nae disrespect tae them) !!!

This was posted on new-606.co.uk by one from the darkside.

Hopefully a wind up.

--------

goian,broadfoot,papac,aluko,healy,mcculloch,alexander,bartley,kerkar,little,nais​mith have all been made redundant im hearing .

Durrant is also rumoured to have got his jotters.

Announcement this afternoon

--------

This was posted on new-606.co.uk by one from the darkside.

Hopefully a wind up.

--------

goian,broadfoot,papac,aluko,healy,mcculloch,alexander,bartley,kerkar,little,nais​mith have all been made redundant im hearing .

Durrant is also rumoured to have got his jotters.

Announcement this afternoon

--------

shiiiiiiit, it's official

Why are people getting so worked up? If it's what needs to be done then sobeit, the club's survival is far more important than the squad size, whether we finish 2nd or not is pretty irrelevant since we'll not get a UEFA license, Ally and the players left will keep on playing for pride.

Not saying it's something to be happy about but it at least means the administration process is moving on.

Papers are just taking an educated guess/ stab in the dark and hoping some will be right.

Naisy is a hard one to judge, if he's fit and playing he's an asset but right now, injured and picking up a wage for it. That's money down the drain as far as the administrator sees. Only thing that will keep him is to take a massive wage cut until he's fit again.

Why are people getting so worked up? If it's what needs to be done then sobeit, the club's survival is far more important than the squad size, whether we finish 2nd or not is pretty irrelevant since we'll not get a UEFA license, Ally and the players left will keep on playing for pride.

Not saying it's something to be happy about but it at least means the administration process is moving on.

It's hard to take, but if it needs to be done, then there is no dilemma. Looking at it purely from the football side of things, losing a few of the old guard will allow the fringe players to showcase their talents, and that will be the making of one or two of them. They can't be much worse than what we have seen for most of the season.

It's time for us to look forward, not back.

Not a hope in hell naismith will have been hoofed, more chance of us winning the league than that happening.

surely :anguish:

I wouldn't rule this out mate....in fact I've said it before today. Naismith is pulling in a fair amount of wages, and there is no certainty that we will get the same player back after he's recovered. Like it or not, the administrators have to look at this in the cold light of day, Sentiment will not come into things, sadly. I hope I'm way off mark by saying this, but I think he could be one for the chop! :anguish:

PLAYERS THAT WILL BE OFF:

DFDorin Goian

DFKirk Broadfoot

DFSaša Papac

MFLee McCulloch

FWDavid Healy

MFMatt McKay

DFKyle Bartley ( back to Arsenal )

GKNeil Alexander

MFSalim Kerkar

FWAndrew Little

NOT FACTUALLY TRUE

most of them will probably go but nobody knows the extent at the minute. Incidently, kudos on the McKay shout. Dunno how on earth you woulda worked that one out....

PLAYERS THAT WILL BE OFF:

DFDorin Goian

DFKirk Broadfoot

DFSaša Papac

MFLee McCulloch

FWDavid Healy

MFMatt McKay

DFKyle Bartley ( back to Arsenal )

GKNeil Alexander

MFSalim Kerkar

FWAndrew Little

Are Busan IPark in admin too?

McCulloch is 33. Not very good and has been paid a fortune to play for Rangers. He is exactly the type of player who should be going in reality. Rangers Man or not.

11 players is brutal though.

How many players will that actually leave us with? Fuck me.....

McCulloch may be 33 and not the most skillful but has been revalation up front, without a target man to hold ball up we will struggle just like we did before ally moved him up top. Sure Lee would take whatever pay cut to stay at least till end of season.

Surely Naismith being injured makes him safe from the chop?

He's signed off his work by doctors so can he actually be sacked?

I think not, most likely he will be on reduced money with his injury?

McCulloch may be 33 and not the most skillful but has been revalation up front, without a target man to hold ball up we will struggle just like we did before ally moved him up top. Sure Lee would take whatever pay cut to stay at least till end of season.

The admins don't care how important to the team they are. Would love to see Jig stay though.

Surely Naismith being injured makes him safe from the chop?

He's signed off his work by doctors so can he actually be sacked?

In normal circumstances maybe but this is administration so I think everyone’s neck is on the line regarding cut backs, How long has he got on his deal? They must see him as one of our most valuable assets thus keeping him till the summer would mean we receive a decent fee..