"Tainted Title" Talk Has Them Raging

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are more passionate about hating Ginger Baws than you are about supporting our club.

Tainted league? Who the fuck tainted the league? We did by defrauding the fucking country out of much needed taxes.

This is such a fuckin embarrassment watching our fans gloat that the league is tainted.

I read a comment last night about Scottish fitba being fucked without Rangers but history tells us this is simply untrue.

Attendances of other clubs rocketed in the Jock Wallace days because the competition was more open with 4 years out of 10 seeing non OF clubs win the league. It would have been 5 had Hearts not gloriously shat in the nest in Dundee.

Get a perspective of reality you guys. The premier league, back then, did not need a strong Rangers.

Those who carry on this ... well carry on.. have their heads buried so far up their arses they can still taste their breakfasts.

I've had a look at the facts and figures over those years. With our club out not doing so well, others enjoyed higher league positions, and extended cup runs which accounted with higher home attendances for both league and cup games, these extra fans paying to watch outweighed the money brought about by Rangers away support visiting them a couple of times a year.

Think about it sensibly, we have not been doing what all other clubs have been doing, scraping by with shit players after paying their bills and taxes. It's all the silverware which we won over those years paying superstars inflated wages whilst the other clubs could or would not compete with, but at the end of the day it seems we have been cheating all along and not playing to the same rules as everyone else.

Fuck Celtc. This isn't about them. This is about the fucking mess we've allowed (and cheered) to happen at out club.

Rant over.

your father raped you when you were a child didnt he?

If by tainted you mean winning when you have no real competition then of course. Granted it's not their fault we're in the trouble we're in, but if Andy Murray made the final of wimbledon and his opponent injured himself in the first serve and Murray won do you think everyones going to be like "yeah what a worthy winner". I think not.

Septic has simply been the best of the rest this season.

2012 will be known for one team only and thats Rangers. Win or lose we're the only team that anyone cares about. We're the only team that sells newspapers. You would have to get seven Highers, study at a top class University, gain a first, reach the highest level of the legal profession, become the gay lawyer for Celtic and die in a hotel room in Pakistan under highly dubious circumstances before you'll get us of the front pages. This title is tainted.

I wouldnt say it was a tainted title win I would say this year there hasnt really been a title anyway. Saying its tainted is like them saying ours have been. It just gives them more amo. Fuck them.

Nice to see Burley not talking shite for a change.

Its really sad and disgraceful that, as a support, Rangers fans still castigate a man that was one of Scotlands greatest fooball managers. Jock Stein commanded such immense respect for what he acheived in 1967 from all corners of the footballing world. To take a team of Scotsmen to the heights of european football was masterly. Lets not forget that Rangers were not that far behind in the same season, losing the Cup Winers Cup Final. We eventually acheived our 'Finest Hour' 5 years later winning the dam thing.

But its disgraceful to tar Stein with the vile goings on among the Parkhead Beasts, because once BJK, Big Jock soon got rid of the Beast Torbett. Stein banished Torbett from Parkhead and any contact with the Celtic youth teams, only to find that his Board had went behind his back and brought him back in when Stein was recovering from the car crash that nearly killed him. This was the kind of hold Torbett had on the controlling Kelly & White families at the time. Stein didn't hang about at Celtic much longer after he had recovered and Torbett being back was as much the catalyst for him leaving as the offer of collecting their pools coupons.

We shame ourselves when we sing about Stein. It makes us look like scum.

For a Rangers fan you know a hell of a lot about the ins and outs of Jock Stein and the Celtic youth teams......

I know a hell of a lot about Scottish football in general, and the Stein Years are well documented. Try reading some books not written by ex-Rangers players, it will open your eyes.

I can just imagine 40 odd thousand Bears giving it the old "If you know the title's tainted clap yer hands" number when the mhanks come to town :clap::clap::clap::lol:

:lol: We've got to make this happen at the next Old Firm!!!! ROFL

Its really sad and disgraceful that, as a support, Rangers fans still castigate a man that was one of Scotlands greatest fooball managers. Jock Stein commanded such immense respect for what he acheived in 1967 from all corners of the footballing world. To take a team of Scotsmen to the heights of european football was masterly. Lets not forget that Rangers were not that far behind in the same season, losing the Cup Winers Cup Final. We eventually acheived our 'Finest Hour' 5 years later winning the dam thing.

But its disgraceful to tar Stein with the vile goings on among the Parkhead Beasts, because once BJK, Big Jock soon got rid of the Beast Torbett. Stein banished Torbett from Parkhead and any contact with the Celtic youth teams, only to find that his Board had went behind his back and brought him back in when Stein was recovering from the car crash that nearly killed him. This was the kind of hold Torbett had on the controlling Kelly & White families at the time. Stein didn't hang about at Celtic much longer after he had recovered and Torbett being back was as much the catalyst for him leaving as the offer of collecting their pools coupons.

We shame ourselves when we sing about Stein. It makes us look like scum.

So at what point in that whole statement did Big Jock not know? If he knew about it and didn't phone the police then thats Art and Part Liability. In the US it's aiding and abetting and carries the same punishment as the person who personally commited the crime.

I'd only class it as a tainted title if they finish 10 or less ahead of us.

I doubt we'd win the league if we didn't go into administration.

Got to agree

As much as I hate the taigs, we blew our chances of the league even before Administration, we were on a downward slide results wise :(

This thread is hilarious. The papes can't help coming on and going bananas because they are realising that their title win will be so tainted. I would say that this title win is probably even more tainted than 08 when we went to Manchester and I thought nothing could be more tainted than that, however this year takes tainted to a whole new level of taintedness.

I know a hell of a lot about Scottish football in general, and the Stein Years are well documented. Try reading some books not written by ex-Rangers players, it will open your eyes.

But only decided to share your knowledge now. Why?

But only decided to share your knowledge now. Why?

Its not my "knowledge", its just stuff thats out there if you have the time to read it. I thought most folk were aware of this, but reading here its obvious some just choose to ignore it and use the cheap insults to fault others when we should be looking within.

Its not my "knowledge", its just stuff thats out there if you have the time to read it. I thought most folk were aware of this, but reading here its obvious some just choose to ignore it and use the cheap insults to fault others when we should be looking within.

You join a Rangers website to talk about Jock Stein? Why are you so upset about Rangers fans not reading stuff about a former Celtic manager?

You say that when Jock Stein found out about Torbett, he banished him from Parkhead.

As a previous poster asked you, why did Stein not phone the police?

If you found out you had a child abuser in you place of work and you were in a managerial role, would you not call in the police?

Finally, if one of the kids that suffered this was one of your kids, would you not have wanted the police called in?

You join a Rangers website to talk about Jock Stein? Why are you so upset about Rangers fans not reading stuff about a former Celtic manager?

Stein was talked about long before I joined here. Who's upset? I was asked how I know some of this. Its because I read books not just written by ex-Rangers players.

You say that when Jock Stein found out about Torbett, he banished him from Parkhead.

As a previous poster asked you, why did Stein not phone the police?

If you found out you had a child abuser in you place of work and you were in a managerial role, would you not call in the police?

Finally, if one of the kids that suffered this was one of your kids, would you not have wanted the police called in?

Cause it was the 60's and no one spoke about it and he cared more about the club's reputation than the weans. Fair enough don't drag the club into it but at least get the cunt knee-capped, I'm sure there'd have been a lot of people who'd have done it no questions asked for big jock.