"Tainted Title" Talk Has Them Raging

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that when Jock Stein found out about Torbett, he banished him from Parkhead.

As a previous poster asked you, why did Stein not phone the police?

If you found out you had a child abuser in you place of work and you were in a managerial role, would you not call in the police?

Finally, if one of the kids that suffered this was one of your kids, would you not have wanted the police called in?

Yes I definitely would.

At the time when allegations were made against Torbett, the kids were shit scared to speak out. It was only unsubstantiated evidence they had, nothing that would stand up in court. It was enough for Stein though and he got shot of him. Torbett was a millionaire businessman that moved in the rich circles, he influenced people to the extent he convinced them it was kids that wouldn't make the grade who were making up stories about him. He didn't convince Stein, and when Stein was on his year off from Celtic recovering from the car crash, thats when Torbett made his move back in to Celtic. Stein was unaware of this until he returned to work. Stein left not long after.

This is stuff that is in all the Torbett court reports of the time, easily found on google.

Cause it was the 60's and no one spoke about it and he cared more about the club's reputation than the weans. Fair enough don't drag the club into it but at least get the cunt knee-capped, I'm sure there'd have been a lot of people who'd have done it no questions asked for big jock.

probably did happen in the 60's but it was the 70's when Stein found out. As you say, people dont talk about thses things. You only have to read Alan Brazils account of it to see how much there was below the surface that no one knew about.

Anyway chaps back to the title. How tainted is that?

Very tainted. In a strange way, its almost as if we had won the league. A bit like Dunkirk. After the ice cream has melted and the jelly has turned to, eh, jelly, timmy will think, how come the title is so tainted, its, its almost as if we'd lost. And Big Jock knew.

probably did happen in the 60's but it was the 70's when Stein found out. As you say, people dont talk about thses things. You only have to read Alan Brazils account of it to see how much there was below the surface that no one knew about.

And still Brazil loves the taigs :anguish: if somebody from an organisation abused me as a kid I would fucking hate the bastards for life, especially if there was any hint of a cover up involved

I think the only argument on the tainted title must be concerned with the degree to which it is tainted.

Having considered the issue for several seconds I've concluded that it is tainted as fuck. Initially I had considered tainted beyond belief and even, momentarily, well tainted.

Pleasee please Ibrox DJ (George Bowie I believe?) please play Soft Cell - Tainted Love at the old firm game. GIRUY timmy!

This !!

I would love to hear a capacity crowd turning their backs and belting this out at Ibrox.

Let them know what the world thinks of their "win"

I give you all a boy could give you

Take my tears and that's not nearly all

Oh...tainted love

Tainted love

Don't touch me please

I cannot stand the way you tease

I love you though you hurt me so

:lol:

the irony of those lyrics and how they fit so perfectly is just amazing....has to be sung.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the title the taigs will win shall be known as the easiest title to ever have been won in Scottish football history. However, for us to make excuses and delude ourselves by calling it tainted is ridiculous. Before administration, they were already 4 points ahead of us and had already won 14 back to back SPL games in a row while we had only won 3 times in 7 games including 2 back to back defeats to St Mirren and Celtic. Can we really say that had there been no administration, all of a sudden they would have stopped winning games and we'd be ahead of them now? If anything there was a greater chance they'd drop points because of the 10 points added to their lead. If they win the league by less than 10 points then that is the only basis in which we could claim the title is tainted, otherwise it's just being bitter about our current predicament. Lennon is a shite manager and he'll be found out in Europe next season, as he has already with the Braga and Utrecht humiliations, and in seasons to come, he can win title after title but whether we're liquidated or not, he knows we'll always be the most successful club in British History. :crabflute: