Dave King statement

His staff are organising the large mirrors and the smoke machines for his backdrop before he talks to the media.

As for King's statement, I noted this part - which concerns me greatly:

The previous board

"I worked happily with the previous board and was immensely saddened by the way that some of them were excoriated by the media for no reason other than that they strongly opposed the sale of the club to a man who appeared to have insufficient funds to take the club forward.

Martin Bain, Paul Murray and Alastair Johnston were fired immediately upon the takeover for voicing their concerns. The Rangers spin doctoring machine then started to work overtime to discredit them, both individually and collectively.

We now know the truth and hopefully those three loyal Rangers fans can now be fully welcomed back to Ibrox Park with full appreciation for the role that they have played in working tirelessly behind the scenes to expose Craig Whyte for what they truly knew him to be- and what all fans now know him to be.

This cancer might have continued longer without their continued probings."

So, the one's who sat in silence and took Murray's tainted shilling (Bain, for example....in large-fucking-lumps I might add) are set for a return under King?

Er, sorry Dave......thanks but no thanks. :angry:

It's hardly a surprise, is it?

Not ideal, but certainly better than Whyte. I shall await their proposals before shooting them down.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this image of the FGTH 'Two Tribes' video where the two presidents were slugging it out in front of the worlds press.

I suppose the more they respond to each other publicly then the more detail many have been seeking will come out.

Fucking grim grim reading!

Right anyone explain to the financial dunce here, when he says that the company is liquidated does that make it the same Rangers fc or would our name change therefor us becoming essentialy a new club? If that does happen cw will be sucking cocks in hell with desmond and paul

I don't think there's a fixed answer for this at the moment. It would involve plenty of negotiation with other parties I'm sure. Fiorentina got their name and history back eventually.

It was the way in which he defended the Murray Group over the takeover before going for the throat of SDM. This circus will rumble on for a good time yet.

Unfortunately you are right casey :anguish: The media scribes will be drawing their old age pension off this fucking circus performance. :mad:

Right M what else would entail mate? :(

Some of us merley fix sockets for a living :lol:

No European beanos for a couple of years, I mean participation. :D That would obviously affect our spending and ability to attract sponsors. It will be tough, but will make the return to the top so much sweeter.

It's hardly a surprise, is it?

Not ideal, but certainly better than Whyte. I shall await their proposals before shooting them down.

Fucking Bain??????? :angry::angry:

I'm sorry, but King's not lived here and watched Bain in action.

His wage bill alone for the last number of years could have saved several jobs this week.

Nah........fuck 'im....let Bain go back to modelling menswear. :wanker:

No Zoolander's At Ibrox !!!!

I pledged to 'Save Rangers' not for it to stand back and do nothing. Why get our hopes up if there was nothing they could do? i think they will have to change the name now to 'Help the new co Rangers'

This will require a new pledge from me also, but only if that 'new co' does not include the old regimes or anyone remotely connected to the old regimes. To much damage has been done and to much water under the bridge. New co, new ethos new beginnings imo.

His staff are organising the large mirrors and the smoke machines for his backdrop before he talks to the media.

As for King's statement, I noted this part - which concerns me greatly:

The previous board

"I worked happily with the previous board and was immensely saddened by the way that some of them were excoriated by the media for no reason other than that they strongly opposed the sale of the club to a man who appeared to have insufficient funds to take the club forward.

Martin Bain, Paul Murray and Alastair Johnston were fired immediately upon the takeover for voicing their concerns. The Rangers spin doctoring machine then started to work overtime to discredit them, both individually and collectively.

We now know the truth and hopefully those three loyal Rangers fans can now be fully welcomed back to Ibrox Park with full appreciation for the role that they have played in working tirelessly behind the scenes to expose Craig Whyte for what they truly knew him to be- and what all fans now know him to be.

This cancer might have continued longer without their continued probings."

So, the one's who sat in silence and took Murray's tainted shilling (Bain, for example....in large-fucking-lumps I might add) are set for a return under King?

Er, sorry Dave......thanks but no thanks. :angry:

I honestly dont believe we know the half of it and a lot more water has to flow before we do.King for instance is saying on the Clyde interview that he was only aware of the full extent of the EBT's after the sale to Whyte.What else did he and his fellow Directors not know about? I have played golf with King and he is not the devil many make him out to be.Obviously he didnt disclose anything to me but I havent made up my mind about him one way or the other yet.Like the vast majority of Rangers fans I just want to see a successful Team on the pitch and all this financial stuff and Board Room battles is way beyond me.

Fucking Bain??????? :angry::angry:

I'm sorry, but King's not lived here and watched Bain in action.

His wage bill alone for the last number of years could have saved several jobs this week.

Nah........fuck 'im....let Bain go back to modelling menswear. :wanker:

No Zoolander's At Ibrox !!!!

You'll soon change your mind if he bans the BBC. :P

So now King, Paul Murray, Martin Bain and AJ are not to blame for this mess? SDM will plead his innocence today as well.

Amazing that our club has got to this stage but no-one is at fault.

Ultimately SDM has to accept responsibility.I get the impression he treated them like mushrooms and they were happy to go along.

Ultimately SDM has to accept responsibility.I get the impression he treated them like mushrooms and they were happy to go along.

I understood that EBT was set up and administered by Murray Group so can't see how Murray can deny it. True also that other directors should have asked more questions but got the impression Murray was a bit dictatorial in running rangers. Hopefully truth will out eventually as I can see this one ending up in court.

I thought board did quite a good job cutting debt once murray was gone and keeping up the standard of football on the pitch.

I just called Collyer Bristow regarding Dave Kings statement - and they are fully aware of it and feel they may now respond with a statement of their own given that the credibility of the company is being so publicly questioned. The next 12 to 24 hours was the timescale offered.

I also asked if it was the case that they, too, had been duped by Whyte - all matters are being discussed was the best I could get by way of reply.

If the EBT scheme was badly administered he takes responsibility for that. The majority of our current issues are Whyte’s doing...

Cant fault that but on the first issue it would be interesting to hear other Directors arguments in mitigation.Being kept in the dark and fed shit is no excuse but if that is the case it needs to come out.

I just called Collyer Bristow regarding Dave Kings statement - and they are fully aware of it and feel they may now respond with a statement of their own given that the credibility of the company is being so publicly questioned. The next 12 to 24 hours was the timescale offered.

I also asked if it was the case that they, too, had been duped by Whyte - all matters are being discussed was the best I could get by way of reply.

That is exactly the scenario most fans would wish for.The more detailed statements that are made by involved parties the more they can be analysed and responded to.