A tactical genius, or a lunatic behind the wheel

We could have a debt free club if we had kept reducing our debt annually with Lloyds.

Not running at a loss we wouldn't have. The team would have had to be cut again and failure in Europe an additional burden. With no overdraft facility and the HMRC case looming we could well be in the same situation only without the scapegoat that is CW. I really don't know how SDM would have dealt with this situation to avoid it. Would he have dipped into his pocket? We'll never know.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not running at a loss we wouldn't have. The team would have had to be cut again and failure in Europe an additional burden. With no overdraft facility and the HMRC case looming we could well be in the same situation only without the scapegoat that is CW. I really don't know how SDM would have dealt with this situation to avoid it. Would he have dipped into his pocket? We'll never know.

We don't know if we'd have failed in Europe under different circumstances. The teams had to be cut now, worse than it ever was under the previous regime.

Theres a fine line between being a genius or being a lunatic , I don't think cw comes into any of they categories ,he could be a paid stooge ,I think he's done what he's done to our Club and Clubs reputation by any means avaliable to him and by doing all the dirty work that nobody else was willing to do ,for me Not The Rangers Way of doing things , might take us a few years to recover but we survive and the fight back continues

( well put together jbj ) (tu)

Great post - well written and presented. I have to agree with most of the points you made and it appears this whole painfully protracted process has been for "the greater good". Yes it has been unethical, immoral, and not the Rangers way but, and a very important but, when has business ever been "nice"? At the end of the day, Whyte has been seen to be a proven liar in the public realm but if he had come out and said " well my plan is to force the club into administration so we force HMRC into a reduced payment agreement via a CVA" we would have been liquidated months ago. I do feel there is a bigger picture but one the fans are not party to.......yet!

On the fence about this.

At first i was pleased about Whyte coming in.Then pissed right off with him and wondering if he has ripped us off or would rip us off.

Looking at the bigger picture now and just wondering ???

Something doesn't quite add up about this.

Not going to condemn him till we hear the whole truth.

We could have a debt free club if we had kept reducing our debt annually with Lloyds.

quite true, and if you recall Lloyds wanted to shave another 2 million off of last seasons wage bill, imagine how good it would have been starting this season without any of our new signings, and having to sell someone like davis, jelavic or shagger in the summer,

We don't know if we'd have failed in Europe under different circumstances. The teams had to be cut now, worse than it ever was under the previous regime.

in what way, by all accounts we have lost a player that didnt want to be here last summer and only stayed because his wage was increased significantly, and another player who came here 4 weeks ago and hasnt done anything for the club before he walked away

you wont find many clubs in football that go into administration and only see 5 people leave the company overall, one of these 5 was the london office that closed, for all we know it was set up to legitimately help drive us to administration quicker

everything whyte has done has been about getting us into administration asap, but along the way he managed to buy new players, upgrade the stadium and the biggest of all may be set up a deal with ticketus that the club can declare null and void

quite true, and if you recall Lloyds wanted to shave another 2 million off of last seasons wage bill, imagine how good it would have been starting this season without any of our new signings, and having to sell someone like davis, jelavic or shagger in the summer,

Two million a month is double what we're doing now.

Thank fuck Whyte arrived.

I don't care what way you want to paint whyte, preferably with boiling bitumen for my liking, but I want him as far away from rangers as possible Costa rica sounds fine. Hopefully after administration is over I will never ever hear of this loathesome git again. Selling the arsenal shares is about his level. scumbag

I don't care what way you want to paint whyte, preferably with boiling bitumen for my liking, but I want him as far away from rangers as possible Costa rica sounds fine. Hopefully after administration is over I will never ever hear of this loathesome git again. Selling the arsenal shares is about his level. scumbag

we most likely wont see or hear from him again, and ive hated everything that our club has went through, but whyte may well have been the only guy with the "background" to do what was needed to give the club a completely fresh start

Two million a month is double what we're doing now.

Thank fuck Whyte arrived.

dont you think casey that its a bit funny how some of the players will still make more money this season even with these massive wage cuts, than they would have had whyte not came and we ran along as we had done the previous years

im telling you mate this whole whyte ownership is a massive conspiracy theory

in my eyes administration was inevitable or we would have continued to have serious financial probs for years to come unless a mad shiek bought our club.

now i dont support whyte and infact hate most of the things he has done to our club but this evil situation was needed and if it helps us out in the long run then we need to accept that he really did know what was needed to be done.

aslong as hes never back at the club

On the fence about this.

At first i was pleased about Whyte coming in.Then pissed right off with him and wondering if he has ripped us off or would rip us off.

Looking at the bigger picture now and just wondering ???

Something doesn't quite add up about this.

Not going to condemn him till we hear the whole truth.

Understatement of the thread!

dont you think casey that its a bit funny how some of the players will still make more money this season even with these massive wage cuts, than they would have had whyte not came and we ran along as we had done the previous years

im telling you mate this whole whyte ownership is a massive conspiracy theory

You don't need to tell me......I remember all your previous attempts at making Whyte the good guy/fall guy.

He ran us into the ground and caused great damage to the finances of the club for years to come, not to mention blackening the club's name. That isn't good enough for me, but you batter on.

Tactical Genius, my hairy arse.

The simplest and most likely explanation is that he thought he could get away with buying the club using its own future revenues.

He figured that HMRC would agree to a long-term deal, and he would never get found out.

Nothing else makes logical sense.. I just don't believe he imagined we would be forced into administration..

Just for starters, who would want to deal with hundreds of pissed off fans wanting your scalp ??

we most likely wont see or hear from him again, and ive hated everything that our club has went through, but whyte may well have been the only guy with the "background" to do what was needed to give the club a completely fresh start

Doubtful but allowing you are right where has all the money gone, paye, ni, jelavic shall i go on

You don't need to tell me......I remember all your previous attempts at making Whyte the good guy/fall guy.

He ran us into the ground and caused great damage to the finances of the club for years to come, not to mention blackening the club's name. That isn't good enough for me, but you batter on.

you know the finances part hasnt been proved yet, apart from (hopefully) a CVA which may well have happened anyway, plus we dont have Lloyds on our tails

if whyte was such a crooked wee bastar............ alright he is a crooked wee bastard but if he wanted to harm the club he could easily have guaranteed the ticketus deal against a clubs asset, he never though

Doubtful but allowing you are right where has all the money gone, paye, ni, jelavic shall i go on

paying the higher running costs of the club, new players, stadium upgrades, sitting in a lawyers account somewhere else, fuck knows lol

as i said to casey above if whyte wanted to really harm us the ticketus deal could have been secured against a clubs asset, but he chose not to do that

you know the finances part hasnt been proved yet, apart from (hopefully) a CVA which may well have happened anyway, plus we dont have Lloyds on our tails

if whyte was such a crooked wee bastar............ alright he is a crooked wee bastard but if he wanted to harm the club he could easily have guaranteed the ticketus deal against a clubs asset, he never though

How would that change anything? He couldn't give a fuck either way about the club being harmed.

You think we should have engineered administration, and all that goes with it, on the chance that we MAY have had to do it at a later date anyway, stripping us as he went?