Rangers icon targeted for shock return to crisis club

JograBear

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like anything?

He's telling it like it is.

Souness was good for keeping the taigs in their place, granted, but he was also the man responsible for bringing David Murray & Maurice Johnston to Ibrox.

I'd have him back. Too much is happening to Rangers and not many seem to either care or have the courage to stand up for something that isn't just a football club, but an institution. He left for Liverpool, but I am not going to rule out the mitigating circumstances he has alluded to time and again for doing that. Does he care about Rangers?: I would say he does.

If Souness was our representative at the SFA and Finlay was in our legal team, there is no way the SFA would be pulling the shit they are. We are vulnerable in there and that parasite liewell knows it.

For me Souness would be perfect in the role that Gordon Smith was supposed to do.

For me, Souness 'got Rangers' in an uncanny way, considering he hadn't played in Scotland. Even the other night he articulated the plight of the club in a way brought me back to the original shock when I first heard we were in Administration. I appreciate the sentiment that surrounds him leaving for Liverpool, but I think the mitigating circumstances have a deal of validity to them when you consider his private life at the time.

Only his ugly brand of football. Oh, and bringing Miller back.

The ugly brand of football is part urban legend. We beat them 4-2 at their ground; we played them off the park at Ibrox and won 3-0 in his first full season. The season in 92/93 was a joy I will always look back on. I think the ugly brand of football came to the fore when his team was getting decimated mid season on an occasion, or he couldn't add to it on another and had to cope with injuries. What is ugly about winning; were you needing a tonic whenever you saw the trophies getting lifted?