*** The Official Bid Count Thread - Three Bids Made ***

He's my preferred bidder at the present moment over the other bid.

Likewise. Transparent, understands that operating a sports club is not the same as operating a business, seems to give a toss if we come out of this returned to glory or just paying the bills.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's my preferred bidder at the present moment over the other bid.

I wonder when TBK, the Singaporan consortium and Fortress are going to step up to the mark? Oh, also the Russians and the Arabs.

I'd prefer a foreign owner, we need a clean slate. A fresh pair of eyes with no ties. I just feel no owner from Scotland has what it takes, to take us where we need to go.

I'd prefer a foreign owner, we need a clean slate. A fresh pair of eyes with no ties. I just feel no owner from Scotland has what it takes, to take us where we need to go.

I think your right.

Also, foreigners open sponsorship and advertising revenues through business links such as airlines and the like?

The problem is still the question of working capital and liquid assets available to the club directly, which is not something they do.

We need to wait and see the details but they do say: "We are co-investing our own money on a pari passu basis with a small group of high net worth, institutional and sports investors." on the Shef Wed interview. At this point, like you said earlier, it's not exactly the ideal bid but I reckon it's more promising than what Whyte eventually offered.

If we take a 5 to 10 year timescale, the European football landscape may be (hopefully) very different to what it is today; if we want to make the most of that I think we do need an owner with vision and ambition, experience and access to funds, this leans me towards a foreign owner.

Is there a 5 o'clock deadline on this ?

I think they just put a deadline to try and find out who is really interested, if someone was to come in with a good offer in the short future they wont be saying sorry you're too late.

This award is up there with all the others I have accrued over the decades. but, this is the pinnacle of my career, to think a young boy back in the day in Kinning Park and approaching the last third of his life, to come up with(sobbing) a name fitting enough to ridicule the rugby man.

Would like to thank my mum and dad and my family for being supportive throughout the many trials and tribulations I have encountered. And to everyone who shared a football park with me and to all the many woman who have shared those special moments with me (except that one I married) thank you.

I share this award with absolutely no one but myself21.gif

BBC interviewer on BIG red carpet: "You join me at the Rangers Media Oscars ceremony on a wet and windy night in Glasgow, Scotchland. We're here to chat with Mr E. Drive, the winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award, voted by his fellow RM posters and many ex-girlfriends (but not his wife). Here he comes now.....Mr. Drive...can I call you Edmiston....how do you feel being the recipient of such a prestigeous award?" :praise:

Mr. E. Drive: "Fuck off!" :angry:

Interviewer on BIG red carpet: "What?" <cr>

Mr. E. Drive: "You heard me. Fuck off! You work for the BBC and I don't speak to your lot. If you open your mouth again I'll rip your head off and shit down your neck." :angry:

The stunned BBC Scotchland man was then attacked by 'friends' of Mr. E. Drive with sarcastic remarks, bottles, bricks, large slabs of concrete, open razors, knives, guns, a rocket-launcher and two ICBM's.

A spokesman for Strathclyde Police, Det. Inspector Mason McBoyne said, "There's nothing to see here....move along folks!"

:beer1:

I think your right.

Also, foreigners open sponsorship and advertising revenues through business links such as airlines and the like?

I feel with Scottish owners we get caught up with far too much, heart ruling head scenarios. We definitely need to broaden our horizons.