Calum Murray to Ref next Sun

debear

Calum Murray to ref the game against them next week, any thoughts on him?

Calum Murray to referee Old Firm clash at Ibrox

Calum Murray will referee Sunday's Old Firm derby at Ibrox.

Rangers, who have won three consecutive Scottish Premier League titles, go into the game trailing leaders Celtic by 21 points.

In Murray's last Old Firm derby he sent off three Rangers players in an ill-tempered Scottish Cup clash.

Celtic won the game in March last year, courtesy of Mark Wilson's goal. Madjid Bougherra, Steven Whittaker and El-Hadji Diouf were sent off.

A victory for Celtic at Ibrox would clinch the title for Neil Lennon's side if Motherwell fail to win at Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Both Old Firm clubs go into Sunday's derby on the back of defeats.

Celtic's hopes of securing a domestic treble were dashed in the 1-0 Scottish Communities League Cup final defeat by Kilmarnock.

And Rangers stumbled to a 2-1 defeat by Dundee United at Tannadice.

The loss for Ally McCoist's men enabled Motherwell to climb level on 54 points in second place.

Rangers won the first Old Firm derby of the season with a 4-2 win at Ibrox, with Joe Ledley heading the only goal of the game in Celtic's derby win in December.

Does it really matter what ref. They will say he gave us everything. We will say he gave them everything. The reality is somewhere in the middle where he will get most things right and a lot less wrong than the 22 players on the park and some of the management team off it.

Referees cant win. Its ironic that the major thing that makes a referee so bad is the one thing that can make them so good.

TV technology. (tu)

Totally irrelevant: if we win, lose, or draw, it will be because of our own players. I have never seen a referee win a game yet. If Barcelona played Forfar, and the referee was a Forfar fan, would Forfar win, or would it increase their chances? It is absurd that the referee is even being talked about.

Not true (tu)

Ref, linesman ..between them they should have been able to see that it was a clear goal.

No referee is biased in the SPL imo they are just very poor, not to mention they get slaughtered by managers such as NL if they do make a mistake so will always be wary…just look at the referee who packed it in after the Aluko ‘dive’.

I don’t know how we can improve on our officials but it really does need to be looked at.

Card-streaky at times. You could go 60 mins without seeing one and get a flurry of bookings.

No worse than the rest. At least he's not some RC school teacher who would surely give them a pen under any circumstan...... ohhhhhh, wait. craphead2.gif

Totally irrelevant: if we win, lose, or draw, it will be because of our own players. I have never seen a referee win a game yet. If Barcelona played Forfar, and the referee was a Forfar fan, would Forfar win, or would it increase their chances? It is absurd that the referee is even being talked about.

Exactly, just a lot of ready made excuses getting made up.

Ref, linesman ..between them they should have been able to see that it was a clear goal.

No referee is biased in the SPL imo they are just very poor, not to mention they get slaughtered by managers such as NL if they do make a mistake so will always be wary…just look at the referee who packed it in after the Aluko ‘dive’.

I don’t know how we can improve on our officials but it really does need to be looked at.

Dont be silly. It took a TV replay to show it was over the line. The referee is not in line so cant possibly tell and the linesman is what 35-50 yards away with a multitude of players, a keeper and a post blocking his line of vision.

Its humanly possible to call that right 100% of the time.

Not withstanding that, you are making the same ignorant mistake that Lemon made yesterday. If we had got the goal, there is no chance of knowing the game would have ended 1-1. Its ridiculous to make that assumption. We could have went on to win the game 3-0 or equally we could have lost it 2-1.

Technology makes the officials look bad. Time to use it. (tu)

Dont be silly. It took a TV replay to show it was over the line. The referee is not in line so cant possibly tell and the linesman is what 35-50 yards away with a multitude of players, a keeper and a post blocking his line of vision.

Maybe for you but as soon as I saw it I knew it was over the line, the TV replay clarified this.

It was another mistake from our officials and it's not the only one this season.

Maybe for you but as soon as I saw it I knew it was over the line, the TV replay clarified this.

It was another mistake from our officials and it's not the only one this season.

How close were you to the television and how many bodies and posts were in your way when you saw it ?

Did you see it from an angle looking down on the incident or were you at ground level with the ball ?

:craphead:

Not buying this at all .Refs do make a difference and Gers fans should know that better than anyone but its how we handle the injustices

We are different in that we dont issue death threats,throw stones at officials when things arnt going our way,break windows of family homes,seek out the media to highlight injustices to maximise the scutiny on certain referee

There are biased refs out there,that i have no doubts .

His record in Old Firm games is On at Ibrox 2-2 draw sending off there goalie and Naismith for diving??

He handled the replay where he gave us Nothing and we had 3 players sent off

He has also handle 2 other league games at Scumdome 0-0 game 3 years back where i thought he was fine but he denied us a stonewaller in 2-1 defeat few seasons back when K Miller scored our only goal

Doesnt fill me with confidence but it could have been worse ,Brines,Thompson or Oreilly Take your pick

total rubbish how many times have you seen bad refereeing decisions cost teams points ?plenty of times.barcelona would beat forfar with a five a side team