spiers tweet

dardo54

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how all of sudden everyone seems to know a employee who works for HMRC or who is an a accounting.

I doubt these people will know anything about it. The people that will be dealing with our case will be professional and won't give out details to random people who work there.

I have known the guy for years (not all of a sudden) and asked for his opinion. He gave me his opinion, as clearly stated, based upon previous experience. I'm sorry if this rankles you, but it seemed relevant to the post at the time......and the correct term is accountant.

another one fae speirs to english

@TomEnglishSport 'Champion frothing'. Correct, Tom. I've never known a set of fans to be so obsessed/demented at another club's business.given it tight to that mob today :lol:

Have seen some of tweets on here over the past couple of weeks and he is reeling them in :D We are all Tom English!

I love how all of sudden everyone seems to know a employee who works for HMRC or who is an a accounting.

I doubt these people will know anything about it. The people that will be dealing with our case will be professional and won't give out details to random people who work there.

HMRC insiders were leaking to the press a while back, what makes you think they wont tell thier mates stuff?

What annoys me is that this really is a small matter for them, what with the Vodafone bill for, what was it, £7 billion?

Why do they need to bother testing the water with Rangers?

If they were so confident in being right they would be forcing themselves on every club on their discrepancy list within as short a time scale as possible, not using scare tactics and putting a smaller financial club through hell.

I may be talking utter shite, I'm just getting more and more optimistic the longer this drags on, and the more I hear people talking about it in the press.

Makes sense to me.

If HMRC say 'we want £49m or nothing', then nothing is what they'll get.

If they are reasonable - which they should be, as the EBT is a LEGAL system that we admittedly exploited - then they'll get something back that we can afford without too much hassle.

They have a duty to the taxpayer. Previous high profile cases where HMRC were criticised for being lenient were completely different, these were companies with a shit load of money. Rangers have the square root of fuck all, if HMRC act in the best interest of the taxpayer and allow the club to continue as a going concern then not only will they get some of the tax thats owed, but will also secure future tax revenue which i reckon could be £1 million a month easily when you include VAT.

Talking of tax cases,Arry Redknapp's case cost us tax payers (not tims,they don't pay tax) £8m in total.

This cost involved a police investigation, all for a £189,000 claim against Arry.

Why were the cops involved? They don't usually get involved with tax cases.

Talking of tax cases,Arry Redknapp's case cost us tax payers (not tims,they don't pay tax) £8m in total.

This cost involved a police investigation, all for a £189,000 claim against Arry.

Why were the cops involved? They don't usually get involved with tax cases.

Why do they need to bother testing the water with Rangers?

If they were so confident in being right they would be forcing themselves on every club on their discrepancy list within as short a time scale as possible, not using scare tactics and putting a smaller financial club through hell.

I may be talking utter shite, I'm just getting more and more optimistic the longer this drags on, and the more I hear people talking about it in the press.

Are they testing the water? I don't believe they are. What was the first thing Rangers did when we went in to admin? Cut wages by £1 million a month. HMRC will lose £500,000 a month in tax and nic as a result. If other teams in the UK think they will get similar treatment, the first thing they'll do is make similar sort of cut backs which means less tax each month for HMRC.

The case involving Arsenal was cited a few times yesterday.......their liability to HMRC was stated to be somewhere over £100m if I remember correctly, and they eventually settled for less than £20m. Not sure of the exact figures but I'm pretty sure the settlement was for less than 20% of the original liability. They have slightly different tax laws down there though, dunno how that affects it.

The uk has the same tax laws. Scotland has no control over vat/ paye/ nic

Are they testing the water? I don't believe they are. What was the first thing Rangers did when we went in to admin? Cut wages by £1 million a month. HMRC will lose £500,000 a month in tax and nic as a result. If other teams in the UK think they will get similar treatment, the first thing they'll do is make similar sort of cut backs which means less tax each month for HMRC.

Well, would these other clubs not just go about this scenario the same way Rangers did/ are doing before the taxman shows up?

I don't really understand, it sounds as though you're saying HMRC are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this. I personally think they are in a way.

Well, would these other clubs not just go about this scenario the same way Rangers did/ are doing before the taxman shows up?

I don't really understand, it sounds as though you're saying HMRC are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this. I personally think they are in a way.

If HMRC are relentless with Rangers then yes they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Lets say there are 20 clubs in England with similar sort of schemes, given that investigations can take several years, these clubs could easily make cut backs now in preparation for any future tax demand. £5 million per club per year over the next three years or so? I don't think HMRC's hand is as strong as people think. Maybe its just wishful thinking.