'A fantastic experience'

Phil

SONE ALUKO has experienced a little bit of everything in his short Rangers career but the winger admits he has loved his four months in Glasgow.

The 23-year-old has experienced some great highs and some painful lows on the pitch and been through some dramatic moments off it when the club moved in to administration.

But he insists he has enjoyed the experience of being a Rangers player and expects the club to emerge strongly next season.

He said: "Personally it's been good. I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed it even though there have been some negatives and positives.

"That's football and that's life. When I came to Rangers I didn't think it was going to be plain sailing and winning every game and cruising to the league.

"I knew it could be difficult but personally I've played a lot of games and scored more goals than I thought I would.

"I have achieved a lot of the goals that I set for myself when I came here, and that's before the season has ended.

"Obviously for the team and for the club I'd prefer things were different but it hasn't gone to plan with some unforeseen incidents happening.

"That's football though and you have to deal with it and I've still enjoyed it here."

Aluko might have had a different view of things at Ibrox having spent six months out of the game, but he says that spell had little impact on how he views recent events.

And he admits that he sees a positive future for the club and one that can include him as a player.

He added: "I think I'd still feel the same way if I'd come straight here from Aberdeen in the summer, it's just the way I look at things.

"We'll still play for Rangers next season and hopefully we can be better and move on more positively and one day we'll look at it as a bad spell that we came out of stronger.

"My contract is not something we're discussing right now because we have big games but it's something we'll look to and will be sorted out when it's sorted out."

Hopefully, when were out the mess were in that the moment, we get this boy signed up long-term :praise: comes across as a a hard worker (tu)