Goram

King_gazza

I think another issue that needs to be considered is that fans often form judgements on players as people based on one, usually short, meeting. They might just have caught that person at a bad moment. Players are public property but just think how difficult it would be for you or I if we were public property even when, say, going out for a meal.

I fucking hate talking to taxi drivers ffs. I detest small talk so every supporter would probably hate me. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending players per se because frankly the majority are complete :wanker: but it must be difficult sometimes always being personable / on your best behaviour in public.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now, Andy Goram was a real arse to me once and I still think this is harsh.

No I met him once... and he was a smart ass cunt.

I gave it back to him and he said I hope you dont work for the Daily rhebel( We were having beer after the Niagara Falls Convention in Canada and I took his pic)

He then posed for a pic with me and a great guy.

But yeah he still acts like a cunt but I love the cunt LOL

I think another issue that needs to be considered is that fans often form judgements on players as people based on one, usually short, meeting. They might just have caught that person at a bad moment. Players are public property but just think how difficult it would be for you or I if we were public property even when, say, going out for a meal.

I fucking hate talking to taxi drivers ffs. I detest small talk so every supporter would probably hate me. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending players per se because frankly the majority are complete :wanker: but it must be difficult sometimes always being personable / on your best behaviour in public.

Spot on. Like I said, they had just lost, so he probably didn't want anyone in his face at the time (Coisty and others were pretty grumpity as well, obviously for the same reason). Believe it or not (and it pains me to say it), but the only guy that gave me the time of day from the Scotland squad was Tosh Mckinley, who hadn't played in the match (he was an unused sub on the day). Was actually a pretty funny guy, to his credit.

No I met him once... and he was a smart ass cunt.

I gave it back to him and he said I hope you dont work for the Daily rhebel( We were having beer after the Niagara Falls Convention in Canada and I took his pic)

He then posed for a pic with me and a great guy.

But yeah he still acts like a cunt but I love the cunt LOL

He was an absolute cunt to me too, and I was absolutely gutted, but I got over it. The guy has some problems. I choose to remember the good things.

I have watched Rangers for nearly 5 decades and without doubt the best Scottish goalkeeper there has ever been in my lifetime. The only one to get close was Ronnie Simpson. For those who do not consider him a Rangers legend - you are sadly mistaken

Goram's behaviour towards three generations of a family from Canada who had travelled down to the NARSA convention in Houston was vile and disgusting and unforgiveable

How some of the assembled Bears didnt fill him in is beyond me

Met him half a dozen times since and he's done nothing to change my view of him on any of those occasions

Great keeper - horrible person

In Dennis's defence here Im sure he is not refering so much to him on the field Im sure he is meaning as a man. Lets be honest he was an amazing keeper but he is a cretin. I had the displeasure of bumping into him in a club called Metro in Saltcoats a few times. He would start a fight in an empty room. I saw a few good Rangers fans want to punch his face in because he had been rude, argumentitive and had tried to poke their burds. Behaviour you wouldn't want from a gers player.

Thanks mate, spot on. I'm not gonna blacken his name on a forum. My opinion is he is a cunt, A Rangers man, without a doubt.

I loved him, when I was younger. Knowing him when I'm older, I cringe he is a "legend". He couldn't lace Chris woods boots, on and off the field.

Being a younger Bear of 18 years, I never got to see Goram perform in the number 1 jersey and being honest I haven't had an urge to YouTube his performances, simply relying on other peoples word on how great he was. I have seen Klos and McGregor compared to him, with some saying neither are AS good as Goram was in his day.

Last night was my first time in seeing some players play for Rangers, the legends. I had seen Mols, Amo, Gio, Big Marv, De Boer, Numan, Konterman and Albertz play but not other greats like McCoist, Goram, Laudrup, Hateley and the rest.

For me, Andy Goram was man of the match as overall he was excellent from start to finish. He was solid in goals making some absolute top class saves whilst being a class act as a comedian. My opinion of him, despite some of his efforts at journalism, has risen immensely and I only wish I was old enough to have witnessed him in his prime along with McCoist and the others!

Goram's behaviour towards three generations of a family from Canada who had travelled down to the NARSA convention in Houston was vile and disgusting and unforgiveable

Met him half a dozen times since and he's done nothing to change my view of him on any of those occasions

explain?

( via pm not for the mhanks)

If I may....

I in no doubt mean to belittle your offence, but you said 3 generations of your family in "America"?

I have no idea where your family is from in the USA but throwing perhaps a 3 rd generation Rangers /Glasgow hardcore into your family was not perhaps the best idea.the subtleties and nuances of Scotland men clashies with 3rd generation America is frought with disaster.

I am living in Canada and my Father was from Scotland and my mum from Ulster. The interaction I have with people from "Glesga" at the Rangers Clubs here is insulting.. unless you get the humour.Its caustic, smart, witty, rude, offensive, insulting banter they expect back as well as funny as fuck! If your offended by Goram,you are correct to be insulted. When ever I bring my closest friends or my girlfriend in contact with my tribe I have to warn them YOU WILL BE OFFENDED BY SOMETHING! ;)

Being Canadian with UK Parents gives me perhaps a bit more thick skin than third gen Americans.I was last there 10 years ago and they are still offensive and funny!

Glasgow is fucking rough violent and no for the squeamish. You will get told you look like a fag, or a goof, or a tim ora dobber or whatever someone wants to call you and you will have to give it back x 10.Introducing Andy Goram or ( Your Glesga footballer) to your family picnic is like bringing Johnny Rotten to Bible Camp :P

Thanks mate, spot on. I'm not gonna blacken his name on a forum. My opinion is he is a cunt, A Rangers man, without a doubt.

I loved him, when I was younger. Knowing him when I'm older, I cringe he is a "legend". He couldn't lace Chris woods boots, on and off the field.

More than a few would back up your claim that he couldnt lace Woods boots. Gorma a better shot stopper but nothing else. All round Woods all the way.

More than a few would back up your claim that he couldnt lace Woods boots. Gorma a better shot stopper but nothing else. All round Woods all the way.

More than a few hundred thousand would tell you that you are talking pish (tu)

I'm with the majority.

As a matter of interest. How old are you?

And what from what I seen of Woods on VHS :rolleyes: he isn't anywhere near in the same bracket as Goram.

As I said, the majority far far outweigh your opinion.

And what from what I seen of Woods on VHS :rolleyes: he isn't anywhere near in the same bracket as Goram.

As I said, the majority far far outweigh your opinion.

Ah a few VHS's tells it all. Do you have a link to where it states the majority far far outweigh my opinion? I would be interested to see this. A good portion in my age group or older feel Goram is better, a fair portion say Woods.

Ah a few VHS's tells it all. Do you have a link to where it states the majority far far outweigh my opinion? I would be interested to see this. A good portion in my age group or older feel Goram is better, a fair portion say Woods.

How about the GREATEST EVER RANGERS TEAM for a start as voted by THE FANS.

I reckon that's a good start ;)