Goram

King_gazza

2 hilarious things from Friday. Goram makes a save and rolls over making it. The support give a massive cheer. Andy then does it again! Superb. And of course, when he was raging at the offside goal, then when offside was given, hugs the linesman. Class.

Giving the support value for their hard earned. Love it!

Fabulous 'Keeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eliumzdf9VI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPmu9wSpOM

that performance against Leeds was one of the most complete Keeper performances i've ever seen. some of his saves that night were incredible. it never seems to be mentioned when people talk about the victory that night.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crespie6 - that performance against Leeds was one of the most complete Keeper performances i've ever seen. some of his saves that night were incredible. it never seems to be mentioned when people talk about the victory that night.

Yes.. the video captures that well. You look at that match and think.. .how did we ever get through? Equaled though by McGregor vs Werder Bremen (second leg). Walter said at the time that was the best goalkeeping performance he has ever seen. Some words!

Yes.. the video captures that well. You look at that match and think.. .how did we ever get through? Equaled though by McGregor vs Werder Bremen (second leg). Walter said at the time that was the best goalkeeping performance he has ever seen. Some words!

true - there are two saves in particular that stand out in my memory - one in the first minute when Cantona was clean through (you could argue its not a 'great save' as basically he psyched him out) and one from Wallace, who was about 6 yards out and smashed it to Gorams right and he somehow got a hand to it - i remember actually laughing at that point. i just thought - this guy is fucking invincible!

true - there are two saves in particular that stand out in my memory - one in the first minute when Cantona was clean through (you could argue its not a 'great save' as basically he psyched him out) and one from Wallace, who was about 6 yards out and smashed it to Gorams right and he somehow got a hand to it - i remember actually laughing at that point. i just thought - this guy is fucking invincible!

ha ha Aye too true mate. Of course, the Van Hoooijdonk save was pretty unbelievable as well!

ha ha Aye too true mate. Of course, the Van Hoooijdonk save was pretty unbelievable as well!

i spat out ma tea when i saw that at the time!! there was another save he made against the sheep away in the last minute when i think it was conner for them volleyed it into the top corner, and Goram stepped back then dived up and palmed it away. couldnt believe that save either.

(by the way, was that old firm game the one where we equalized and the ref didnt give it, but Macnee kept talking about it being 1-1 for about 20 minutes after?)

Woods would have held it! :crabflute:

i was a big fan of Woods (i used to play keeper as a kid), but after he got that disease/virus, he was never the same. shame, could have been a legend, but i think we only got just over 2 seasons out of him?

i was a big fan of Woods (i used to play keeper as a kid), but after he got that disease/virus, he was never the same. shame, could have been a legend, but i think we only got just over 2 seasons out of him?

5 seasons. Played nearly as many games as Goram. Ye his ear infection kept him out for ages. His balance was gone at that point.

edit: won the league in 4 of them :praise:

Can't believe that Jim Leighton kept getting picked above him for Scotland. :anguish:

Aye i know, that was craig brown though, Goram says in his book that brown never took to him and vise versa somehow get the impression he still holds a grudge for not being able to walk out with scotland in the france 98 opener! imo a fantastic goalkeeper that should of had many many caps

I've been lucky that I was taken to Ibrox when Woods was in goals then had the privilege of having a season ticket while Goram had the gloves.

Woods,Klos and McGregor are all fantastic keepers but The Goalie had amazing concentration levels as well as everything else

Stretching or giving the Sash to the Enclosure for most of the game then BANG he's in a one on one with the opposition striker and comes out on top :praise:

He should have been awarded celt*c to put in his trophy cabinet as he owned them so many times!

i spat out ma tea when i saw that at the time!! there was another save he made against the sheep away in the last minute when i think it was conner for them volleyed it into the top corner, and Goram stepped back then dived up and palmed it away. couldnt believe that save either.

(by the way, was that old firm game the one where we equalized and the ref didnt give it, but Macnee kept talking about it being 1-1 for about 20 minutes after?)

was in enclosure that game yeah davie robertson burst through but never got it for offside if i remmber right and shock horror he was clearly onside!!

that performance against Leeds was one of the most complete Keeper performances i've ever seen. some of his saves that night were incredible. it never seems to be mentioned when people talk about the victory that night.

cantona still has nightmares about him.

I wish there was a clip of this there was a Rangers A v Rangers B game at Ibrox in the closed season after Euro 96 where Gazza scored against Andy just as he had done at Wembley even lying down off the pitch waiting to be sprayed in the mouth ... needless to say he got up sharpish when Andy started walking towards him :lol:

was in enclosure that game yeah davie robertson burst through but never got it for offside if i remmber right and shock horror he was clearly onside!!

in truth, he wasnt actually onside - there were 4 tarriers and the goalkeeper in front of him when he got the ball. so clearly offside. (i consider this THE worst offside call i've ever witnessed)

5 seasons. Played nearly as many games as Goram. Ye his ear infection kept him out for ages. His balance was gone at that point.

edit: won the league in 4 of them :praise:

it doesnt seem like he was here that long. i just remember asking every bloody week "is he fit yet?" he seemed to be injured for years.