Ian brines

Bluebear2506

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the poor cunt, after just watching the highlights there, it seemed he was slightly unsighted and Sone did delay a touch before going down.

That said, he was entitled to go down as there was undoubted contact.

Just saying I don't think it was as bad as some are making out.

To be fair to the poor cunt, after just watching the highlights there, it seemed he was slightly unsighted and Sone did delay a touch before going down.

Yes it was. McCoist said he heard the contact even before he'd had the benefit of watching it again.

Brines must have heard it. Even if he didn't see enough to give the penalty, the sound of the tackle should have stopped him booking Aluko.

I also read elsewhere that the BBC commentators heard the contact in the press area.

If he was at all unsighted then how can he conclude that he dived? If there is any doubt at all he can't make that call. Fair enough not giving the penalty, but to book him was an absolute shambles.

Yes it was. McCoist said he heard the contact even before he'd had the benefit of watching it again.

Brines must have heard it. Even if he didn't see enough to give the penalty, the sound of the tackle should have stopped him booking Aluko.

I also read elsewhere that the BBC commentators heard the contact in the press area.

Like most I'm not a big fan of Referees, but I do realise they have a very very difficult job, I doubt that an unidentified noise will have registered greatly in the nano-second he had to make a decision.

Whatever, we won and referees make mistakes.

:mervan:

Like most I'm not a big fan of Referees, but I do realise they have a very very difficult job, I doubt that an unidentified noise will have registered greatly in the nano-second he had to make a decision.

An unidentified noise? :D

I think he was close enough to identify the noise.

In any case, as stated before, he had no grounds for booking Aluko if he couldn't see the incident...although Brines has previous for making up incidents in his head, like the lead-up to Diamond's goal against the filth a few years ago.

... a level playing field would be nice all the same (tu)

In both the spl and premier league there are so many refs that are terrible and cause teams points, ignore tackles which lead to injuries and can cause relegation, so many decisions this season in both leagues absolute joke, I just wish there was some real repercussions for their actions and they wouldn't do, players, managers, even players not on the park can get into trouble, banned, fined, if refs had that then they wouldn't constantly cheat