Show the red card to liquidation

Monty1872

|This is not an RST initiative. It was agreed at a meeting on Monday night between the Assembly, RST, Association, RFWG, TBO and the Corporate members.

The cost of the cards has been kindly met by a Corporate member personally, whose sole concern is to try to put pressure on D&P to ensure they know that only parties who will not entertain liquidation will get the support of the fans.

A meeting has been hastily arranged to put this point in person to D&P before the deadline for bids.

Basically the message is, we dont have an opinion on who should get the club, all we want is for any bid that will entertain the prospect of liquidation to know that should they buy the club and go down this road, the fans will not follow. Our history must be preserved. This message has to be clearly sent to both D&P and any interested party before the conclusion of this deal.

The words 'hastily arranged' and 'meeting' in the one sentence are never a good sign.

It shows panic and lack of a master plan....knee-jerk reactions and all that.

Did the group, for example, compare the cost of these cards (a one-off stadium-based protest) to a large advert stating much the same in one of the high circulation daily rags? After all, the rags (though we don't agree with much of what they say) do reach a wider audience than a capacity Ibrox.

Just my tuppence-worth. :sherlock:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folk try to do something well meaning and productive and are met with the usual snidey digs.

Fucking pathetic.

My opinion is that it is a futile attempt. Plus I do believe someone has their own agenda for this futile display. Again is an opinion of mine and as such should have the right to express this not in a snide way as suggested, but in a humorous way to highlight the futile nature of a red card display.

mfdmdemocop11y.jpg

Show The Red Card To Liquidation!

Anti-Liquidation Demo On Saturday!

On Saturday versus St Mirren 50,000 Bears will show that Rangers will not die by giving a red card to the threat of liquidation.

At kick off and in the 18th and 72nd minutes - 1872! - raise your red card and voice your determination not to support anyone who is trying to drag the club down into liquidation.

On Monday evening a meeting took place in Glasgow with host of fan groups to discuss the Bears fight-back against those who seek to do the club down.

Rangers Football Club have survived the good and the bad for 140 years , the vast majority being very successful for a club now known to be the most successful club in world football. Its more than just a club, it’s a way of life for far too many people the world over to simply give it up to faceless money men with no love nor interest in this famous fitbaw club.

It was agreed unanimously that we The Rangers support would fight tooth and nail against anyone or group who seek to liquidate the Gers.

The message is simple, sink us and we will sink you !

You won’t simply reform a newco and everything’s bright and rosy, not a chance in hell. The Rangers fan base united won’t allow it, no fans, no players, no sponsor. NOTHING

This Saturday we have arranged to allow every fan in Ibrox to show the administrators and any would-be liquidators the “red card”. 50,000 red cards will form part of display in protest at the enemy intent on finishing off The Rangers as we know it. Message banners and red cards will make our feelings clear as day, you are not welcome.

The display is NOT in favour of any individual bid/bidders, we simply welcome anyone with Rangers best interest at heart.

Feel free to bring your own message banners, we all know the rules !

The display will be set up on Thursday and Friday night , ALL Rangers fans are welcome to help set it up. To arrange help please email sie1872@googlemail.com

It’s our club, it was our fathers club and it will be the club of our children!

The Rangers FC forever!

It’s all about The Rangers!

Well meaning nonsense - sorry but while liquidation shod be avoided if possible those who have bought IMHO the myth that the history goes as well have fallen into the trap set by those who do t wish us well..

A Cva is preferable but someone buying the Assets and running us as a club is much preferable to extinction!

I think it's a cracking idea, hopefully will get projected around the international news stations to show the world we will not let this happen!

It's a great idea and we should all get right behind it.

I think we should also hold up the Red card at the 16th and 90th minute's as well - fuck up the Subway Loyal. :wink:

Well meaning nonsense - sorry but while liquidation shod be avoided if possible those who have bought IMHO the myth that the history goes as well have fallen into the trap set by those who do t wish us well..

A Cva is preferable but someone buying the Assets and running us as a club is much preferable to extinction!

I agree, who is seeking to liquidate us...straight from the paul murray camp of scare stories, "i won't liquidate rangers" how can Paul Murray supply blatant false promises like this.

If we are liquidated it will be because there is no other choice no because someone wants to or doesn't want to.

Paul Murray is a dangerous figure.

I agree, who is seeking to liquidate us...straight from the paul murray camp of scare stories, "i won't liquidate rangers" how can Paul Murray supply blatant false promises like this.

If we are liquidated it will be because there is no other choice no because someone wants to or doesn't want to.

Then he comes from a clan of dangerous figures called Murray.

As stated, Thatcher stayed in power and the proposed HNS cuts went through, Senile old fucker should be reeping what she sowed just now with her ravaged body and dementia addled mind. But the Devil looks after his own and instead of lying in her own pish for days on end in worst of NHS nursing homes the Cunt has the best of private health care.

Greatest leader this country has ever had.

I remember all the tims with their red cards at the cup final, but I dont remember the NHS having anything to do with it (memory may be failing me).

My folks have are both retired with NHS pensions, living in their own house, very comfortable thanks very much.

The anti-Thatcher sentiment that runs through some people is fucking hilarious. Same fuckers probably voted for Tony Blair, who will probably be responsible for more deaths than Hitler eventually.

I fancy a chicken supper now for some reason...................:uk:

Greatest leader this country has ever had.

I remember all the tims with their red cards at the cup final, but I dont remember the NHS having anything to do with it (memory may be failing me).

My folks have are both retired with NHS pensions, living in their own house, very comfortable thanks very much.

The anti-Thatcher sentiment that runs through some people is fucking hilarious. Same fuckers probably voted for Tony Blair, who will probably be responsible for more deaths than Hitler eventually.

I fancy a chicken supper now for some reason...................:uk:

Did you think she was a great leader when you were down smashing up the capital city and assualting hard working police officers in a protest against her taxes.... :sherlock:

Can I just say something here ?.......... ( * Tilts head to side like Souness * )

You're a bigger idiot than I first thought.......for sure. :sherlock:

Never thought it would be possible, but I find myself agreeing with both of you.

This is the wildest rollercoaster I've ever been on.

Strange days indeed, most peculiar mama.

Can I just say something here ?.......... ( * Tilts head to side like Souness * )

You're a bigger idiot than I first thought.......for sure. :sherlock:

Paul murray made a bit fo a tit of himself yesterday through his BBc lapdog....poor chris.... :lol:

We've just got rid of a lying cunt in whyte the last thing we need is another one who thinks the way to buy rangers is to manipulate the press and spread scare stories in the press.(not to mention the extra load he is carrying around with him in the shape of dingwall and co.)

I know one red card that will be left where it's sitting on saturday :sherlock:

Paul murray made a bit fo a tit of himself yesterday through his BBc lapdog....poor chris.... :lol:

We've just got rid of a lying cunt in whyte the last thing we need is another one who thinks the way to buy rangers is to manipulate the press and spread scare stories in the press.(not to mention the extra load he is carrying around with him in the shape of dingwall and co.)

I know one red card that will be left where it's sitting on saturday :sherlock:

That's cos you're a fanny. (tu)

Did you think she was a great leader when you were down smashing up the capital city and assualting hard working police officers in a protest against her taxes.... :sherlock:

I never assaulted any police officers that day!

The truth of that particular matter is that I was down with a busload of ICF for a Chelsea/Derby match, totally oblivious of any poll tax protest, but got separated from the group on the way south (incident at a service station) , ended up on the train to London and got inadvertently caught up in the protests whilst trying to make my way to Fulham Broadway! It was fun, but I was recovering from a broken leg at the time, and that was my first day out, with no crutches, and my walking stick was left on the bus! :blush: My foot ended up swollen to nearly twice its normal size!

I did make it back up in time for the 3-0 gubbing of the taigs the following day (goal from MoJo included), so there's some more double standards for you to play with. Hopping aroud the west enclosure when we scored was scarier than anything I saw in London the previous day. I was back on crutches for another 3 weeks after that weekend of stupidity. I'd do it again in the blink of an eye though, was an experience to say the least.

For the life of me, I still don't know why I was going to a Chelsea game.......I have no interest in that 2 bob mob whatsoever. Boredom must have got the better of me after weeks of inactivity......I even watched the 5 nations rugby that year. Grand Slam for our eggchasers as I recall.

Ah the memories........thats cheered me up. GCL, you're a useful idiot today. :lol:

As stated, Thatcher stayed in power and the proposed HNS cuts went through, Senile old fucker should be reeping what she sowed just now with her ravaged body and dementia addled mind. But the Devil looks after his own and instead of lying in her own pish for days on end in worst of NHS nursing homes the Cunt has the best of private health care.

Thought Rangers fans were better than that.

Disgusting way to talk.

no. she was deposed by a challenge from heseltine in 90 then the Tories won the next election in 92 with the most votes in histor .

Learn something ew everyday (tu)

I was born 83 and politics weren't my forte at 9 :lol:

I consider mocking/taking pleasure from an illness like that to be tim behaviour.

Im not so sure it was mocking, it came across as annoyed to me. You're right though, we're all the same, made of the same stuff, even them.

The words 'hastily arranged' and 'meeting' in the one sentence are never a good sign.

It shows panic and lack of a master plan....knee-jerk reactions and all that.

Did the group, for example, compare the cost of these cards (a one-off stadium-based protest) to a large advert stating much the same in one of the high circulation daily rags? After all, the rags (though we don't agree with much of what they say) do reach a wider audience than a capacity Ibrox.

Just my tuppence-worth. :sherlock:

It was hastily arranged in response to information received over the weekend that it was looking more likely that liquidation was more than a 50/50 shot. The card display is for Rangers fans to show their unified support against liquidation and to send a message to both the administrators and all bidders that we wont back them if they go down that route.

This poker game is fast-changing and although you can have certain plans for certain events, some things come out of the blue and you have to deal with them as best you can.