Fan Boycotts

scottyc06

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SPL sanctions be put in place, would you Boycott away fixtures

I think immediately is better before a decision is made. It's not like it would have an effect on our final position in the league this season. If they still choose to implement it, it can be considered for next season as well.

Have a read at my comment about how it would be near enough impossible to implement the boycott immediately!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a read at my comment about how it would be near enough impossible to implement the boycott immediately!

I know it is not easy, but doing it now could still make an impact, enough for them to sit up and take notice, and especially for post split.

:D I bet half of those yes votes come from boys who don't even go to games.

Casey what you have to remember is some fans can not attend games any more due to ill health or looking after people with ill health. And yes going to away games is a great day out with your fellow bears, but the only message that will get through to them is hit them in the pocket and see how they like it

Pity we didnn't have Killie away. Heard they Played Septic songs after the game on saturday, had Septics own PA on the tannoy system and sold Septic branded biscuits and crisps !!! .............. ah but they don't need the OF !!!

You mean like they did for us when we won the league there?

I know it is not easy, but doing it now could still make an impact, enough for them to sit up and take notice, and especially for post split.

Ok, again Tynecastle.. Tickets have already been paid for! Beggers.. Doesn't get any effect as they will fill our ground! St Johnstone.. Last game of the season and chance to thank this group of players!

As I also said though, the sooner we get the ball rolling on this the better and by signalling our intent to do so will have an effect on these clubs! Emails have been sent to the RST and RSA for consideration of this!

Casey what you have to remember is some fans can not attend games any more due to ill health or looking after people with ill health. And yes going to away games is a great day out with your fellow bears, but the only message that will get through to them is hit them in the pocket and see how they like it

There are many more who don't go, just cause they don't go.

Of course there are but since we fill our allocation more often than not it is not really a big issue, the general feeling on fans forums is that an away boycott is favored by the majority and that is important. We keep clubs going as was shown when Dumfermline couldn’t pay wages after we failed to pay for 1 away game….imagine what would happen if this was to happen 3 or 4 times a season?

Of course there are but since we fill our allocation more often than not it is not really a big issue, the general feeling on fans forums is that an away boycott is favored by the majority and that is important. We keep clubs going as was shown when Dumfermline couldn’t pay wages after we failed to pay for 1 away game….imagine what would happen if this was to happen 3 or 4 times a season?

Yeah, imagine. Half the teams go bust, half the teams have to massively slash cost, the Scottish league becomes even more of a backwater, and what then for Rangers?

As much with I agree with the principle of not giving these teams money, can anyone explain the benefits to Rangers and how killing the game in this country off even more helps us move forward as a club, because from what I can see it only hurts us long term.

Yeah, imagine. Half the teams go bust, half the teams have to massively slash cost, the Scottish league becomes even more of a backwater, and what then for Rangers?

As much with I agree with the principle of not giving these teams money, can anyone explain the benefits to Rangers and how killing the game in this country off even more helps us move forward as a club, because from what I can see it only hurts us long term.

The fact of the matter is - it is not Rangers supporters who will kill the game off in Scotland - it is the intended actions of these vindictive bastards in the SPL (and elsewhere) who will reap the whirlwind by our reaction.

If they don't start the fight, we won't enter that ring.

Simple.

These bastards need to take a long hard look in the mirror - I will NOT accept Rangers or its fans being blamed for causing any downfall of Scottish football.

They (our enemies) had better fucking want what they wish for. :mad:

Well if you feel that way then we are in a no win situation, we stay in the SPL on these new crippling rules (If liquidated) meaning we can’t achieve anything other than avoid relegation for a couple of years while making other clubs richer in the process. We go down to division 3 with a chance to win things and not be used as a pawn in the SPL’s game while we watch the other clubs crumble and fall into the abyss thus the product get’s worse…

Why should we the Rangers fans pay for other SPL teams to stick the boot into us, attend in our thousands just to see our team hit with restrictions meaning we can do nothing more than survive while lining other clubs pockets?

If every Rangers fan went to the game, you would have to build a new stadium. What you should remember is that going to games does not make you more of a fan than people who do not go. At the end of the day you do something to fight back or sit back and do nothing.

Can you explain why other teams are trying to kill us off, and taking great delight in doing so.

Don't know how old you are bud, but things change in life, followed followed away games home and abroad through the 70s, 80s and 90 s, did my shift now to be frank woth you the joy of the away day has not the same thrill to it any more.

They want you in and out asap. Even the last few years at Ibrox more so this season, I have only been to the odd game because of various reasons. But(yip always one) Still fork out for three season books.

Was nothing better than heading to the away games with all your mates on the supporters bus, was a whole day out. Then when moved got married started taking turns with a couple of mates in driving to the games and that was enjoyable.

60s played football mid to late teens, but always went to a home game whenever I could.

Big Shout to the Thornliebank True Blues and later the Bishopbriggs bus and the few and far between trip on the Edmiston Drive in the 60s.

I am all in favour of a boycott. We cannot just sit back and take this Draconian punishment in "silent dignity". It is our lack of reaction to punishments and measures imposed in the past that has brought us to the point where the SPL think they can do what they like to us with impunity. I would say that a fully supported boycott of away games is the ONLY answer...Make THEM suffer!! We should also try to get the club on board by asking them to have the Under19's play at home, whether at Ibrox or Auchenhowie, on the same date and time that the 1st team are playing away, so that we can go and support our club on match days regardless !

WATP RTID

Don't know how old you are bud, but things change in life, followed followed away games home and abroad through the 70s, 80s and 90 s, did my shift now to be frank woth you the joy of the away day has not the same thrill to it any more.

They want you in and out asap. Even the last few years at Ibrox more so this season, I have only been to the odd game because of various reasons. But(yip always one) Still fork out for three season books.

Was nothing better than heading to the away games with all your mates on the supporters bus, was a whole day out. Then when moved got married started taking turns with a couple of mates in driving to the games and that was enjoyable.

60s played football mid to late teens, but always went to a home game whenever I could.

Big Shout to the Thornliebank True Blues and later the Bishopbriggs bus and the few and far between trip on the Edmiston Drive in the 60s.

Good post mate but as you get older some fans fall into ill health and just can not go to games. But every bear does their part as did since i was a young boy, but we need to all stick together and fight back against all the people who are trying to destroy us.

Well if you feel that way then we are in a no win situation, we stay in the SPL on these new crippling rules (If liquidated) meaning we can’t achieve anything other than avoid relegation for a couple of years while making other clubs richer in the process. We go down to division 3 with a chance to win things and not be used as a pawn in the SPL’s game while we watch the other clubs crumble and fall into the abyss thus the product get’s worse…

Why should we the Rangers fans pay for other SPL teams to stick the boot into us, attend in our thousands just to see our team hit with restrictions meaning we can do nothing more than survive while lining other clubs pockets?

I never said we should, I just asked that as I am hearing “Fuck them”, “Lets put them out of business”, had anyone considered what happens after that.

As I said, I agree in principle with the boycott.

Can you explain why other teams are trying to kill us off, and taking great delight in doing so.

Cause they hate us.

And are retarded and aren't considering the serious implications that it could have on Scottish football.

I never said we should, I just asked that as I am hearing “Fuck them”, “Lets put them out of business”, had anyone considered what happens after that.

As I said, I agree in principle with the boycott.

I couldn't really care less what happens to them in all honesty now.

If we are to go down and work our way back up again we will be fine, we have a fan base who will sustain us. The SPL teams outwith 3 or maybe 4 are terrible in quality anyway, would it really be that much of a drop if some teams from division 1 replace them if they are to suffer?

I was home on vacation a few years ago and we went to see St Mirren away the ticket price was Rangers end 27 pound and St Mirren end 20 pound was hard for me to believe that we were being fucked around like that should have been cause for a boycott there and then FFS.

:D I bet half of those yes votes come from boys who don't even go to games.

There is a distinct possibility of that being fact, casey :sherlock: I think it's time these other club chairmen get a bit of a wake-up call about who keeps their fucking clubs afloat (and arguably their towns pubs and businesses when we come knocking) but there must be another way of sorting them out as opposed to NOT going to support our team.....We would have to change the fucking fords of 'Follow Follow' for a start. :pipe:

Have you been sniffing that Kangaroo keech again tongue.gif

Erm....Naw It's actually Żywiec Porter , which is 9.5% alc. and I got into it when I was in Poland so I drank gallons of it ( for research purposes,you understand!) so I bought a few cases of it today.....I'll leave sniffing things to the Abo's,mate! :craphead:

I stopped going to away games years ago due to the attitude and treatment from some of the clubs. Also the marking up prices imposed on old firm fans is scandelous,total rip off. Not only that,the fans arent considered by League and TV when asked to travel in sometimes dangerous conditions to Inverness/Aberdeen for a 12:45 kick off on a freezing winter morning.

Most of the away games are on tv nowadays,so why dont fans go up to the stadiums and have a protest outside the ground attracting local/national media coverage then head to the local pubs for the game on tv.Gers fans get there day out,the local economy doesnt suffer and it also makes the point that the fans are willing to follow their team but wont give the clubs any of their money. That'll also insure that a police presence will be required,putting added pressure onto the clubs financially and politically.

Only thing the boycott may do is cause a reaction from the wee clubs fans and they may actually start attending games again as a type of counter reaction.