This might work in our favour

On the face of it, it's a huge kick in the balls by the SPL. It is clear it was timed to coincide with possible sale of our club, so there is no reason to think this was an innocent move by the SPL to kick us when we're down.

What I would say though, this move might actually act like a filter, removing bidders whom the fans wouldn't actually want at our helm. Bidders whom are only interested in making money and turning to newco to do this. Perhaps now we will be left with bidders WITH finance, WITH the interests of our club at heart. People who are interested in our survival and health as a club.

To me, that is the positive to come from all of this. Money grabbers, and people lacking finance unwilling to put their own money into the club could well be seriously put off by all of this.

Just a thought.

On the face of it, it's a huge kick in the balls by the SPL. It is clear it was timed to coincide with possible sale of our club, so there is no reason to think this was an innocent move by the SPL to kick us when we're down.

What I would say though, this move might actually act like a filter, removing bidders whom the fans wouldn't actually want at our helm. Bidders whom are only interested in making money and turning to newco to do this. Perhaps now we will be left with bidders WITH finance, WITH the interests of our club at heart. People who are interested in our survival and health as a club.

To me, that is the positive to come from all of this. Money grabbers, and people lacking finance unwilling to put their own money into the club will could be seriously put off by all of this.

Just a thought.

This was my first thought. Surely if we are all so dead set against liquidation then this would be received as an effort to discourage liquidation?

And if it does not deter our new owner and we still get liquidated then fuck it, off to the third division we go, then watch the other clubs die and be punished in the same way.... no way i would want to continue in the SPL under their sanctions

Reduction in future revenues by being dropped down to the 3rd division etc?

I think they'd be put off by that!

Why?

Same sort of crowd (loyal supporters), no TV deal (I.E. we could even sell our games to the fans on a pay as you watch tariff), opportunity to play and develop youths in the lower leagues etc...

Not really sure what any new owner thought was going to happen if they went down the newco route?

Did they think the spl would welcome the club back into the league no questions asked?, really not done much homework if they thought that was going to be the case.

But agree with the op now this is out in the open this might scare off any bids that want a newco as anything other than a last resort.

In all honesty the best deal for our club would have been the sale of the clubs assets to a newco like what (Leeds Utd) did. Our History, our titles, ground and assets of goodwill would be sold over without the debt. Our history would remain. Leeds Utd used this after HMRC would not allow a CVA.

Now this is very much legal and its my view why the f8ckers released this story today. As it could have been challenged in court if a new buyer was announced today and then the rules changed later. Make no doubt about it, this has Liewell paw prints all over it.

Moving to a newco as long as you sell the club before hand ensures RFC would have been untouched but the parent company dies with its debt.

In all honesty the best deal for our club would have been the sale of the clubs assets to a newco like what (Leeds Utd) did. Our History, our titles, ground and assets of goodwill would be sold over without the debt. Our history would remain. Leeds Utd used this after HMRC would not allow a CVA.

Now this is very much legal and its my view why the f8ckers released this story today. As it could have been challenged in court if a new buyer was announced today and then the rules changed later. Make no doubt about it, this has Liewell paw prints all over it.

Moving to a newco as long as you sell the club before hand ensures RFC would have been untouched but the parent company dies with its debt.

No it is not,we need to exit administration by a CVA,therefore rightly paying off some of the debt to the people and organisations,that is the Rangers way(in the past)can't just escape your debt that way.

The SFA are going to kill Scottish football with there stupid rules. Theres only going to be one team that can win the league. There will be no tv deal & no Rangers v them games.

And what decent players are going to come to Scotland to play in a league where 1 team can only win the league?