Joint supporters groups statement

Shane

STATEMENT FROM THE RANGERS SUPPORTERS ASSEMBLY, SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION AND SUPPORTERS TRUST

"Rangers fans worldwide have been very patient during the the recent difficult period in the hope that we will exit administration and be able to work towards re-establishing our club at the level to which we all aspire.

However, the delay in the administrator's announcing the preferred bidder is seriously jeopardising our chances of exiting administration quickly and is forcing us closer to liquidation.

With the proposed SPL rule changes meaning we may not be competing on an equal footing for the next two seasons, it is imperative we have the chance to exit administration with a Company Voluntary Agreement and that has to happen as soon as possible.

We demand that the administrators announce the preferred bidder as a matter of urgency. If they fail to do so on Monday 16 April 2012, we demand to be informed precisely why they cannot announce a preferred bidder."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand it, the RSA are behind the TBK bid.

If so, then it is looking more likely that bid is not the preferred one and that they are trying to apply undue pressure.

D&P have already stated that bidders are questioning the SPL/SFA regarding the position of coming out of Admin but not completing the CVA by the start of next season and what punishments, if any, would be applicable.

The recent announcement by the SPL/SFA have had a material impact upon the bidding process and that means all bids to be reviewed, taking account of this.

Sill statement, as they have no power to force anyone to make a decision or even request the reason why no decision is made.

"If they fail to do so on Monday 16 April 2012, we demand to be informed precisely why they cannot announce a preferred bidder.".

They'll be quaking in their boots if they fail to do it...

Every Rangers fan is calling for everyone to stand together on this. But no matter what happens we will always get snyde comments like this.

anguish.gifwanker.gif

All I want is the administrators to make the correct decision as to who gets control of the club, regardless of how long that takes. This is probably one of, if not the biggest decision in the history of our football club

Bang on the napper with what you say.

I demand the RST explain where the missing money is. I also demand to know why the RST backed a scheme which saw money, which SHOULD have made its way to the club, end up in the pockets of private businesses when it could have been used by the club?

It holds as much weight as theirs does.

Do the RSAssembly, RSAssociation and RST know if the SPL has now clarified what happens under the proposed new rules if we agree a CVA before the start of next season but don't formally come out of Administration until after the season starts?

Is it really a good idea to force this issue and pressurize the administrators into possibly making the wrong decision?

I'm not too sure on this to be honest, as it looks to me that TBK's backers are trying to force the decision which suits them, which may not be the right decision for the club.

Bang on the napper with what you say.

I just can't quite get how, with the absolute arse of a year we've had under a fucking horrible bastard of an 'owner', we are trying to rush the administrators into simply 'picking' one bid. I'd rather they took their time and were 100% sure that theirs was the best bid before going ahead with it. Maybe this is something the administrators should have done already, and for that, they can be criticised. However, I don't think demanding a decision by tomorrow is really, in any way, helpful.

I know a fairly small amount about administration but I cannot imagine it to be a simple process. From simply looking at what other football clubs have had to deal with, i'd say that if we were to be out of admin by the end of this month, then it would be a hell of a lot quicker than most administration periods last.

As I say, don't claim to be an expert, but think that unfortunately, patience is key here

Is it really a good idea to force this issue and pressurize the administrators into possibly making the wrong decision?

I'm not too sure on this to be honest, as it looks to me that TBK's backers are trying to force the decision which suits them, which may not be the right decision for the club.

At th end of the day, the right decision for the club, whatever and whenever that may be, is the only important thing here.

Do the RSAssembly, RSAssociation and RST know if the SPL has now clarified what happens under the proposed new rules if we agree a CVA before the start of next season but don't formally come out of Administration until after the season starts?

When do we come out of it? Is the CVA paid off like a loan? Ie pay back at x amount per month? Or is he amount offered for the club, say 12 million used to pay off all the creditors there and then?

It's not really forcing them to make a decision, they had planned to do it last week, and the bids are unchanged in the event of SFA trying to pump us, so they could at least say "we haven't chosen, it's too hard".

A wee bit of news would go down a treat of a Monday night.

I am not in favour of anyone trying to force someone's hand, especially when the stakes are so high.

The Supporters Trust and Assembly have a vested Interest, If it's not the TBK who get preferred Bidder then what ? do they keep demanding until it is - I just wish they would let them do the Job.

All I want is the administrators to make the correct decision as to who gets control of the club, regardless of how long that takes. This is probably one of, if not the biggest decision in the history of our football club

100% agree and the process should NOT be forced by people who do not know ALL the issues involved. The administartors are in a much better position to decide when too announce a bid.

(oh and while I am not one to talk about grammar - it was a pretty poorly worded statement !)

as much as everyone else, i really want to know who the preffered bidder is......however that statement is not required.

both bill ng and the yank have requested time to clarify with the spl.....and TBK see this as a chance to try and use the RST, RSA and SA to rally the troops to force the admins into selecting them.

'demand'?

bunch of power hungry :wanker: