This is how good Steven Naismith is

delamonty

His first goal in this match was world class. But, I'm not talking just about the finish. Watch how he brings the ball under control with his left foot -- waist high. Then outside of the right boot...top corner.

Needless to say, if this was Messi/Rooney, it would up for Goal of the year. Enjoy!

His second.. Not to bad either!

Wouldn't be goal of the season but a great goal and I said this all the time even when Jelavic was still here that he is best player.

9 goals in 11 games this season and while playing at RM.

I will be gutted if we sell him :( Would rather lose McGregor and Davis (for decent money) than Naismith!

I will hang fire on hoping he returns all guns blazing, it took him a long long time after returning to fitness to show decent form after the last cruciate injury he suffered.

Fantastic footballer on his game and was sorely missed.

Our thats how inept our coaching strategy is ?

You could say that, almost completely relying on one player is a risky businees, but there's no denying just how important he was and his effect the injury had on our season.

World class my arse don't get me wrong he is still our best player along with McGregor but he is nowhere near world class.

Sorry mate. Play it again and watch.... That was a world class goal (btw.. there are no rules/parameters as to what World Class is - so it's all subjective).

My statement is valid. IF that happened in "another'' league.... It would be portrayed as 'World Class'... Surely, you can accept that? if not, why not?

As I said... watch it back, but now... pretend Steven is playing for Barca vs Real. What would the reaction be?

Using terms like "world class" to describe goals is a bit pointless. What does that even mean?

It's far to say it's a fantastic goal; just leave it at that.

Here's what it means.... imho

World Class is used all over the world mate. I live 'near' Toronto and hear them going on about it being a 'World Class' city. It is an overused term and has no value. I used it because it is the norm. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh... and IF Toronto is 'World Class', why are there so many homeless (high 6 digits), roads are shite, high taxes and no culture? But apparently, in Canada, that is World Class.

Good point. 00000042.gif

Agreed -- Sincerely.

But... Steven Naismith is ... 'class'. We will agree on that?

Using terms like "world class" to describe goals is a bit pointless. What does that even mean?

It's far to say it's a fantastic goal; just leave it at that.

One other thing... Do you not think if that (first) goal was scored by Rooney... It would not be classed as 'world class'. I know your argument mate.. but that is where we are. 00000042.gif

in fairness....if he'd been on that form and not got his injury....Shyte would've prolly sold him :( - Thankfully he's still here.

Great point mate... Yup. Gone with Nikica.

But he is off the payroll (mostly) because of insurance. Hopefully, CW made the insurance payments!

in fairness....if he'd been on that form and not got his injury....Shyte would've prolly sold him :( - Thankfully he's still here.

Great point mate... Yup. Gone with Nikica.

But he is off the payroll (mostly) because of insurance. Hopefully, CW made the insurance payments!

you have to admit - if either of those goals were scored by Rooney, Torres, Drogba or Van Persie they would be classed as something special with words like 'sublime' 'fantastic' or 'world class' being used by the media down south after mentioning 'exceptional perception to get into the scoring position' and 'brilliant ball control and suberb finish' so their definetly up there with the best.

you have to admit - if either of those goals were scored by Rooney, Torres, Drogba or Van Persie they would be classed as something special with words like 'sublime' 'fantastic' or 'world class' being used by the media down south after mentioning 'exceptional perception to get into the scoring position' and 'brilliant ball control and suberb finish' so their definetly up there with the best.

Gave you a rep mate. Spot on -- and not incidentally, my point :-)