Resign from this league and register ourselves in the English set up

GOAT

There is now Talk from Ally himself with regards to Going to the SFL 3rd ,so we will have to cut our Cloth for that League .

So are we agreed it would in the Long run ,be more beneficial ,note in the Long run ,to go to the English Lower Leagues than staying in the SFL3rd.

Would anyone care to agree with this comment ,or would they Rather still stay in The Republic of Scumland,and go to the SFL 3rd.

Agreed,

If it's best for us to leave the SPL then I'm all for looking at joining the English leagues, depending on where we'd be allowed in. I'd grab the chance to join the Conference National or the Conference North. Within 2-3 years we 'could' be in League Two and playing in a league that gets £88m a season in TV money. Compare that to the SPL that gets approx. £16m per season.

The club could almost half ticket prices because of the extra TV income to encourage fans to travel the extra distance for away games.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with the football league chairman already confirming he's been asked about this from Scottish clubs before, but any application must come fthrough the SFL, it does make you wonder.

As I said resign, and it doesn't need to go through any SFL. Get out of this shithole and watch it die.

What's the problem? Do you object to someone taking someone elses argument apart with simple historical proof of a precedent? He declared there were no precedents, I merely refuted it.

It wasnt taken apart and you are right it was a simple proof of a precedent.

Now could you give us a precedent in the modern game of a club moving from one country to another country just because they 'fancy' it?

Clubs in the past have moved prior to UEFA formation and the modern game, historical reasons, security reasons, Their home nation not having a pro league, their home nation starting a league blah blah blah

It wasnt taken apart and you are right it was a simple proof of a precedent.

Now could you give us a precedent in the modern game of a club moving from one country to another country just because they 'fancy' it?

Clubs in the past have moved prior to UEFA formation and the modern game, historical reasons, security reasons, Their home nation not having a pro league, their home nation starting a league blah blah blah

The fact that the chairman of the Football League has said it's possible but only with the countries FA's permission, as they would have to approach them first pretty much says it's possible for this. As I said resign from this shithole and apply down south, is playing Kidderminster and Luton twice a season, really any worse than playing St Mirren or Dunfermline four times a season?

I think we have a legal case though.

If the welsh teams can play and still have a national team there's nothing different to Scottish teams joining.

If anybody can come up where the welsh teams started in england it would great topic.

How, are we going to sue them to make them let us join?

We cool with forming a newco. Cause we would need to become a newco to enter English football.

New-Co may be our only salvation.

Old-Co is up to its arse in debts it can't possibly pay, surrounded by enemies who won't let it move forward and financially handcuffed in a small-minded country that always likes to knock the big guy off the wall when it gets the chance.

As Boss, GOAT and others say - why not register a New-Co name in the English lower leagues.

We just "happen" to have Ibrox Stadium (Glasgow) as the ground we play our home games on. :sherlock:

would absolutely love us to register in the english league. This might be a blessing at this time if we take the opportunity. We maybe out the limelight for a few years. But in a matter of time fore sure we would be bigger and better. The english division 2 is more competitive / more crowds that the shitty SPL

If we went into liquidation would we lose Ibrox

Not according to Craig Whyte. He (or one of his numerous comapny names) has taken a legal caveat (I can't think of the word they used - was it 'chatel'?) on Ibrox Stadium and Auchenhowie.

In other words he has protected both from creditors.

Or did I get that all wrong? <cr>

It's a a bit much to expect us to be able to register in the english leagues in the time frames we're talking about. So it's looking like a newco in Div 3.

I actually think that prospect might be quite exciting in its own way, and probably just about preferable to being hamstrung in the SPL.

The only thing about it is I would feel sick basically handing a clearly incompetent Lennon 4 in a row :'(

New-Co may be our only salvation.

Old-Co is up to its arse in debts it can't possibly pay, surrounded by enemies who won't let it move forward and financially handcuffed in a small-minded country that always likes to knock the big guy off the wall when it gets the chance.

As Boss, GOAT and others say - why not register a New-Co name in the English lower leagues.

We just "happen" to have Ibrox Stadium (Glasgow) as the ground we play our home games on. :sherlock:

This! 00000042.gif

Also what is to say we can't have two Rangers. One owned by company registered to play in Scotland and one owned by a company registered to play in England.

Our history to date stays in Scotland where it should be and we continue to make history in the coming years. On top of this we set out on a parallel adventure with the same fans, spirit and values which has made the existing club famous! Only difference is we compete in a different league structure.

The fans are the club. If the fans wanted such a scenario then the fans should have it!

this is our chance, this is it, we have been craving a more competitive league for 20 year, Rangers or indeed any other Scottish club will not be accepted into the EFA as long as we are a member club of SFA, if we are to be liquadated we are no longer a member of the tin pot set up, our first port of call should be England, if that fails (which i see no reason why it should, considering we are the Quintessential British club) then we go to Scottish Div 3,IMO this is the perfect time to get the monkey of our back, no more will we be associated with the mhanky mhob, they can keep their Mickey Mouse set up and tainted titles, infact that would incur that it was Disney, without the most successful club in Scotland's history it would become a Hanna Barbera production, lets see how the co-efficient fairs without the team that has kept it where it is for the last 15/20 year, away wins in CL anyone?? selik may take over our mantle as worlds most successful club in twelve years time, would that bother any bear when you were travelling to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamfford Bridge every other saturday?? make no mistake we would storm the English leagues, 50,000 bears intimidating teams at every game from the Blue Square Prem to the Championship, only then would we have to invest heavily in the team, that gives us 5/6 year debt free. the time is now, every true blue should seriously consider this option.

Personally, I've longed for a move to the English leagues for a number of years, and the only thing that's weighed against it as a plan is all the "newco", start-at-the-bottom turmoil that would have gone along with it.

Looks like we're going to have to do that anyway so why not make the move?

Let's make an opportunity out of a crisis.

There are definite risks involved, but I'd say it's a safer bet than staying in the Scottish set-up.

Personally, I've longed for a move to the English leagues for a number of years, and the only thing that's weighed against it as a plan is all the "newco", start-at-the-bottom turmoil that would have gone along with it.

Looks like we're going to have to do that anyway so why not make the move?

Let's make an opportunity out of a crisis.

There are definite risks involved, but I'd say it's a safer bet than staying in the Scottish set-up.

i share your thoughts.

we are staring the worst possibly scenario in the face now.

our 140 year domination of scotland can remain in the history books, but now could be the time to make a drastic change to ensure our future.

what means most to you as a Rangers fan?

for me its the clubs survival. when i was 7 years old my father took me to my first Rangers game at ibrox, against Hibs. I've always thought that should i ever have a son, it would be a very proud moment for me to take him to his first match at ibrox, like my father & grandfather have done before me. Thats what matters most.

even if we are a healthy Rangers continueing in the SPL, we will continue to demise, the SPL is dying, it's clear for everyone to see, but the english set up just continues to grow, as a brand, as a product and as a global business.

perhaps it could take over a decade to go through the English set up as a newco, but taking the future generation to ibrox week in, week out to see the rangers against the biggest clubs in Britain, such as the manchester clubs, the newcastles, arsenals & chelseas is where we belong, and far healthier than seeing us continue to mix it with shitey clubs like Inverness that play football in a barn with 50 farmers watching on.

The general feeling of supporters on RM appears to be overwhelmingly in favour of joining the lower leagues of English football and as I said in a previous thread , our club should leave no stone unturned and must explore every avenue to make this a reality.

Now is the time for our club to leave Scottish football behind if we are to not only survive but prosper as a club in the long term.

Id be delighted with a move to the Blue Square Premier if it was on the cards.

I don't see it us being able to move into the BSP though. I think we would have to apply at the very bottom if we were to join the FA system and the would be the Northern Football Alliance according to Wiki

Imagine the fairytale story that would be and a massive GIRFUY to the idiots at the ESSEFFAAY!!!

WATP