Liquidation

nvager

Lets go to the third division,and fill the stadium every two weeks!! That will show them all that we shall all stick together,,,and finish off the spl once and for all

fed up saying it but that wont happen.the "novelty" of playing in the lower leagues up here will soon wear off

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main problem as far as I can see is Cowdenbeath are doing pretty well right now having just won the 2nd division, Clydebank were in dire straits and facing liquidation when Airdrie bought them over as far as I remember. Can't see Cowdenbeath supporters being happy about that and of course it would have to be ratified by the SFA, answers on a pin head please!

I posted a topic last night about the possibility of Donald Findlay making Cowdenbeath available the same as Airdrie used Clydebank. Technically Cowdenbeath would be renamed Rangers Utd (or similar) and relocated to Ibrox so it would be their SFA history & registration which would continue so there would be no baggage from the liquidated Rangers FC. As a continuation of an existing club UEFA couldn't impose a 3 year ban, if the rebranded Cowdenbeath were to win the cup or finish high up the SPL in year 2!

This would obviously be a wrench for many, given that the history of RFC would have to be temporarily abandoned and possibly the use of Ibrox at first too, if Whyte was being a dick or it was tied up in legal action for a while. Playing out of Hampden or Broadwood might be an option for a period in limbo.

Within a few years memories would fade and the toxic association with RFC in terms of debt and sanctions would disappear, so like Airdrie the break in history would diminish in relevance since folk would just see a side with similar name, playing in the same colours in the same stadium and would naturally claim the unique history of its ancestor. The concept of buying it seems bizarre, as though history is a tradable commodity. In any case anything paying for it in name of goodwill or something would only go to Whyte or HMRC/Ticketus anyway and it aint theirs to sell - it belongs to the people who live it.

Interesting take on it, quite a lot take in and think about

Thought they said on radio catholic last night that all the sanctions they're hitting us with the now transfer over to the newco. :mad:

The same people who lie about us 'losing our history', are absolutely determined that sanctions would have to transfer. They are a parody of themselves, any argument they can think of that feeds their hatred of us.

I'm aware, but the wage cuts were meant to be seeing us through until June were they not?

June is about 5 weeks away now. The transfer conditions inserted into the players revised contracts become effective in the 1st of June.

I'm past caring tbh - I'll be supporting whichever form of The Rangers comes shining through after all the cuntery they are using to try and kill our club.

They will not succeed.

I posted a topic last night about the possibility of Donald Findlay making Cowdenbeath available the same as Airdrie used Clydebank. Technically Cowdenbeath would be renamed Rangers Utd (or similar) and relocated to Ibrox so it would be their SFA history & registration which would continue so there would be no baggage from the liquidated Rangers FC. As a continuation of an existing club UEFA couldn't impose a 3 year ban, if the rebranded Cowdenbeath were to win the cup or finish high up the SPL in year 2!

This would obviously be a wrench for many, given that the history of RFC would have to be temporarily abandoned and possibly the use of Ibrox at first too, if Whyte was being a dick or it was tied up in legal action for a while. Playing out of Hampden or Broadwood might be an option for a period in limbo.

Within a few years memories would fade and the toxic association with RFC in terms of debt and sanctions would disappear, so like Airdrie the break in history would diminish in relevance since folk would just see a side with similar name, playing in the same colours in the same stadium and would naturally claim the unique history of its ancestor. The concept of buying it seems bizarre, as though history is a tradable commodity. In any case anything paying for it in name of goodwill or something would only go to Whyte or HMRC/Ticketus anyway and it aint theirs to sell - it belongs to the people who live it.

I might be wrong mate, but i dont think uefa would actually ban us, im sure a newly registered team automatically cant qualify for europe for 3 years.

I might be wrong mate, but i dont think uefa would actually ban us, im sure a newly registered team automatically cant qualify for europe for 3 years.

Sorry, appreciate it wasn't clear - my point is that if Cowdenbeath win the cup next year they get into Europe, likewise if they are promoted to the SPL next year and qualify for Europe.

Taking over Cowdenbeath wouldn't actually be a newco - it would be the existing club renamed and relocated. The vital thing is that Clydebank/Airdrie Utd created a precedent and there is no way they could treat Cowdenbeath/Rangers Utd any different!

Back in the SPL in 1 year, back in Europe in 2 and absolutely NO penalties. So cunning it would take the finest legal brain in the land to devise :sherlock:

Que sera sera.

Bring it on.

Whatever will be, will be. The futures not ours to see.

Que sera sera.

I'm sitting here wondering how the fuck we got in this mess. Reminiscing with my son about when I went to my first game. Fucked 3-0 at Ibrox against an Aberdeen team at their pinnacle. My father telling me to watch Cooper. " he's a cracker" he said. Cooper had a nightmare. But I was hooked. Driving up from Greenock, Sitting in the boot of a volvo estate as the adults drank in the front, going to the game not knowing if we were going to win. We didn't have a good team then . Ali Dawson was in the first eleven so the standards weren't high. But I didn't care. I was with my dad watching Rangers. To be honest he was a Morton man but he took me to Ibrox because he knew how much I loved it. And so it continued. I grew up. Souness came and went. Sir Walter took us to new heights.i got married , had kids. I took my father to Ibrox to watch Airdrie, unbeknown to me it would be our last due to the ravages of Alzhiemers. But the legacy continues. My son has a brick in the Gascoigne wall at the Copland Rd. a small piece of Ibrox that will be forever ours. Corey M Beaton is inscribed on that small piece of red brick. My son. He will be forever blue like his father. No matter what the future brings. From darkness to light . No surrender

June is about 5 weeks away now. The transfer conditions inserted into the players revised contracts become effective in the 1st of June.

I'm past caring tbh - I'll be supporting whichever form of The Rangers comes shining through after all the cuntery they are using to try and kill our club.

They will not succeed.

This.

Any "ifs, ands or buts" over the continuation of the club have been resolutely cast aside in my head over the past few days. Scotland would feast on the interviews of Gers fans saying "I will never watch a newco Rangers". I won't give them that. Rangers are my club, and I owe allegiance to NO business institution under the title LTD, PLC etc. I owe my allegiance to the badge, the colours and the history, which cannot be unwritten.

At one point tonight actually in work, I considered the possibility of liquidation, be it through newco or extinction, and supporting Partick Thistle, my late Grandfather and Papa's team. I couldn't do it. My dad was brought up a ger, and I have known no other way of life since I was a year old running around my living room shouting Ally McCoist's name with my wee Rangers ball.

Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever. Rangers til I die.

This.

Any "ifs, ands or buts" over the continuation of the club have been resolutely cast aside in my head over the past few days. Scotland would feast on the interviews of Gers fans saying "I will never watch a newco Rangers". I won't give them that. Rangers are my club, and I owe allegiance to NO business institution under the title LTD, PLC etc. I owe my allegiance to the badge, the colours and the history, which cannot be unwritten.

At one point tonight actually in work, I considered the possibility of liquidation, be it through newco or extinction, and supporting Partick Thistle, my late Grandfather and Papa's team. I couldn't do it. My dad was brought up a ger, and I have known no other way of life since I was a year old running around my living room shouting Ally McCoist's name with my wee Rangers ball.

Outstanding young man

This.

This sums it up for me and should for every true Ger !!

This.

Good lad. (tu)

There is one person who might be able to save us, hold on....

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

BEETLEJUICE!!

Ah balls looks like we're fucked

Don't worry m8 - I'm sure your elders at Septic Park were wearing protection. (Oops. Forgot the Fearless Leader sort of frowns upon that. Ah well - bright side is, at least you won't get pregnant.).

If it happened the new company would buy all of Rangers history cups,name,brand etc and that would then be transfered over to the new parent company Rangers 2012 or whatever

The Football club will still be Rangers fc and as such any ban would be carried over as it has all the history etc like Leeds utd.

But here is the BIG problem if the old Rangers 1889 company is liquidated we could lose all our players if they wanted to leave, we would then be unable to replace them with anyone.

That would kill off Rangers fc all together and that is why this ban must be fought by the club.

Listen if the worst thing happens and we are liquidated and forced to start over as a newco forget about all this Rangers 2012 or Rangers united nonsense , we are Rangers football club , and if the bastards wont let us have that name then we are Glasgow Rangers football club, nothing else will do for me ..

We are Rangers fc and we need to fight untill the very last breath is squeezed from us to try and retain that identity, if we lose the battle then we will rise again as the famous Glasgow Rangers fc .. There will be no mistaking who we are :21: .

This.

The business name may change but the club will always be

R_A_N_G_E_R_S ----- F_O_O_T_B_A_L_L ---- C_L_U_B

NO SURRENDER

Staring us in the face now.

What happens then - extinction or a newco?

Will liquidation make us more attractive to new bidders or will it be the end of us?

Will SFA and SPL sanctions apply to a newco? Looks like they may so will there be a newco? How could a newco start up with a transfer ban in place?

The writing has been on the wall since early September and despite what people might think, im not happy to have been right on this one.

Newco in 3rd division is what i believe will happen and whilst gutted and extremely sad about this, i hope we rally around and fill every ground every week as we climb our way back up the leagues, whilst in tandem, the SPL suffers the worst pain possible due to the lack of money.

:21:

(tu)