New Kit Photo

Gazzanova

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want the socks too ?

Are you one of those that dress up in the entire kit to go to games ?

Oh, and the black-rimmed socks are not the 'usual' ones, we never had them in 72.

Good effort mate, but i still play football, 4 times a week. That ok wi you?

Oh, and i never said we wore them in 72, i said theyre our usual.

absoluteley excellent, I love the retro look. the crest stands out to the max. I will be buying 1 adult and 2 kids (without sponsor even better). (tu)

sponsor free tops not available on line but will be in Rangers megastore at Ibrox from 24th may.

Disgusting if the usual socks arent available. Sure they will be

Why not just buy a set of this years socks to go with it if your that bothered?

Also, I don't see how you can call it 'disgusting' when the whole point of the strip is to commemorate the 72 strip, which had white and red socks?!

Aye people need to get a grip about this red and black sock obsession. The fact that we never even wore red and black socks in 72 is the reason why we don't have it on the new kit.

And we never even started off as a club wearing black and red it was blue and white hoops.

On a second look, to me the cut/design of top looks like a last minute cost cutting exercise - but yeah, may look better in hand. Also, that fuckin plasticky sponsor spoils it next to the badge - surely it would look so much better and unique if they actually embroidered the Tennents logo? I think the socks suit the strip.

the tennants logo really is a fucking shame.

it looks like a fucking sticker stuck on. Well i guess thats what they heat trasnfers are really.

would be good if there was a way of safely removing it without damaging the material, then it would be an excellent football top to buy.

A think its no bad but my we boy just said thats minging haha dont think the weans will like it

And this is where we have messed up kids strips must be a major percentage of merchandise income and it's clearly aimed at adults

anybody seen the new tims top :lol:

it's hilarious, rangers asked tennants for the smaller logo and reposition to accomodate the 72 design remake, and they agreed.

it seems like the scum have to copy everythign we do, they also have the smaller logo and edited their badge, but for no reason...

their badge now has some daft celtic-style pattern around it, with the small tennants underneath.

the 'hoops' are now more like thin stripes and looks really bare without the logo.

They look like fucking sailors :lol: bunch of fannies.

Sponsors positioning looks fucking awful and completely ruins the look of the shirt, like someone came along and stuck a fucking tennents sticker on your t shirt. Still buy it though but don't like that tennents badge one fucking bit.

Why not just buy a set of this years socks to go with it if your that bothered?

Also, I don't see how you can call it 'disgusting' when the whole point of the strip is to commemorate the 72 strip, which had white and red socks?!

Digusted was probably not the correct choice of words, disapointed is probably more accurate. I like the usual socks, and id prb go with something like youve suggested, ive ceratinly got plenty of black n red socks. I do realise the whole point is to commemorate the 72 strip, i just like our traditional socks.

I do like the strip though.

Aye people need to get a grip about this red and black sock obsession. The fact that we never even wore red and black socks in 72 is the reason why we don't have it on the new kit.

And we never even started off as a club wearing black and red it was blue and white hoops.

Rangers socks are black and red mate, they werent the first socks we had, and we didnt wear them in 72, or during several other seasons, but we all consider it tradition that we have black and red socks.

We started off wearing white aswell, not blue, so whats your point?

Im not slating the strip because of the socks, i like the strip. I just always wear black and red when im playing, and i like seeing us wearing them too. The strips still nice, the whole strip, including the socks.