Big call to make soon, our players and their loyalty

pcbear

The players on the bigger money contracts are liable to leave.

The younger players such as Ness - McCabe and others may see this as a perfect opportunity for first team football.

Miller may be prepared to pay a premium to keep Edu, Bocanegra and even Bedoya for commercial reasons.

In fact Ally and Miller may use contacts such as Mojo at Toronto to get more yanks on board.

Just hope we can retain one of our keepers....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should be ready for the news that a few bigger name players are going to leave in the summer that was going to happen no matter who took over, the wage bill is too high at the minute and without Europe that will need to come down.

Could be a tough 18+ months or so on the park but again short of a rich arab coming in that was always going to be the case, just hope the fans cut Ally some slack next season cause in the near future it's more about getting the club back on its feet rather than winning titles etc.

Miller will do what Spuinty McCann did at Septic run a tight ship for a few years and restore the club then hope to move it on to someone who can take it to the next level.

I dont know the salaries of the players at clubs in Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc but if its anything like Austria where Jelavic was on 3k a week you dont have to be paying players 15-20-25k a week to play in Scotland, there is quality to be found for low wages just not in this country.

Imo there will be a sensible wage ceiling put in place which should attract decent players,and keep our 2nd tier of earners.

For half decent money you wll get the pick of the stall from most European countries (the smaller ones) i heard that Malmo's top earner was on £1500 a week and Maribors half of that, both of whom beat us and our high earners in Europe this season, ok they crashed and burned shortly afterwards but they did beat us.

I think the overwhelming majority will stay.

However any that do choose to go, the message must be clear, don't even think about coming back, you will never be welcome here again in any capacity.

What warped thinking - every player we have has stepped up during administration and done there bit to keep the club intact - but they are professional playres - some would have moved on anyway - and it may well come down to cash not sentiment. Any player who goes, will go with my thanks, good wishes and my respect!

I dont know the salaries of the players at clubs in Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc but if its anything like Austria where Jelavic was on 3k a week you dont have to be paying players 15-20-25k a week to play in Scotland, there is quality to be found for low wages just not in this country.

Imo there will be a sensible wage ceiling put in place which should attract decent players,and keep our 2nd tier of earners.

For half decent money you wll get the pick of the stall from most European countries (the smaller ones) i heard that Malmo's top earner was on £1500 a week and Maribors half of that, both of whom beat us and our high earners in Europe this season, ok they crashed and burned shortly afterwards but they did beat us.

correct mate! but someone like sandaza who would cost nothing would bring more to the table than say a healy did this season and earn less,proven in the spl which is really all we need now

As far as I know the players had clauses stating that if no buyer was found or if whyte came back they could leave, if we get bought out then they are under contract again as normal and cannot go fucking anywhere unless we sell them, the players may not have a choice where they play next year the club might force them out the door for cash to steady the ship, just saying, and players like goian etc probably the most likely to stay, next to no resell value and at his age wheres he going from Rangers?

However any that do choose to go, the message must be clear, don't even think about coming back, you will never be welcome here again in any capacity.

God, get real, mate.

It will depend on the individual player comparing offers/options available at the time and doing what's best for himself and his future career, which at the end of the day is a relatively short on.

Could just imagine you as a boss. <cr>

I can see some of our higher earners leaving.

Their wages just won't fit in to the budget I think bill miller will impose on the team.

We all know the club has to be restructured financially it is just something we will have to accept until were back on our feet

if any players go I wish them well for their future careers don't think of them badly it will prob be more than helpfull to the club to get their wages off the monthly bill.

If the players choose to go then so be it.

These are professional sportsmen who want to be playing at the top, in Europe and for their national teams.

Out of Europe for three years is a big thing for some players, and potential ones we try to sign once the transfer embargo is lifted.

I would not hold a grudge against any player who chose to go.

Let's wait and see what offers are on the table before making sweeping statements. We have no idea what the plan is and I for one would not condemn anyone who wanted away if the terms are substantially less that they were on before taking the temporary cut. The more important aspect for me would be, if they go how much do we get in transfer fees and where does that money go? There are a lot of questions waiting to be asked and answered.

Talk about depressing. As far as im concerned if the new owner offers the big players lower wages but with bonuses etc they'll stay especially naisy and gregs. Lafferty it seems cant wait for july 1st so fuck him. There are players out there on low wages who could easily do a job in our league. If the scouts try hard enough they'll find them

I'd be surprised if more than a few stayed ... the modern day footballer will always chase the buck

Eh...our squad are on massive salary reductions as we speak. They had other wylde options they could have pursued very recently.

Aloko is the nearest talent since weiss - laudrup -cooper - henderson - johnston- henderson - waddell

our club by now must have produced some of the best EVER wingers to play at one club.

Back to the original post like ally said players can chase the money but sone aluko

can stay and make his price even bigger - he is a star but only in a rangers shirt

and that is the question our players need to ask themselves

no other team in the uk can fill the ground in our situation

and the options - the players stick with us for next season - or leave .

Aluko and Weiss, all be it good players, cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as those legends.

I'm not convinced Naisy or McGregor would walk away.

They are massive bluenoses, I think they'd want to see the club get money for the transfer.

I agree with this. I think there's a strong togetherness and that most, if not all, of the players feel a real affinity with the club and fans.

I agree with this. I think there's a strong togetherness and that most, if not all, of the players feel a real affinity with the club and fans.

They all have agents to stir the pot.

Super ally looked relaxed for the 1st time in ages when asked the question earlier on TV i see good news in his eyes.

A mixture of youth & experience next season I'd be happy with that.

Mystic Meg loyal, liking your thinking, we have a support of experts in journalism, finance, accountancy and now body language and facial expressions, what a talented lot we are.

They all have agents to stir the pot.

Absolutely.

But McGregor and Naismith are literally like you and me.

Would you let an agent sway you when it came to Rangers? I know I wouldn't. It's not like these guys will be struggling either way.

I wouldn't grudge either of them but something tells me they'd possibly stay until we're back at the point where the club will get a decent transfer fee.

My hope is that any player who wants to leave would do the decent thing by re-signing, deleting the clause that allows them to leave for a small sum but agrees that the Club will sell them in the summer but for a higher value.

Anyone who has, for the past 3 months, sang the praises of the players but now is willing to denigrate them for leaving is a hypocrit. The players have sacrificed a lot of money to help the club

But McGregor and Naismith are literally like you and me.

Would you let an agent sway you when it came to Rangers? I know I wouldn't. It's not like these guys will be struggling either way.

Alas, if you read my posts, you'd know that would depend on whether the Toon came knocking.