Goian wants to stay

RANGERS star Dorin Goian insists he’s going nowhere this summer and wants to be part of an Ibrox title-winning side next season.

The Romanian defender is adamant he doesn’t want to leave Glasgow despite the financial problems which have engulfed Gers this term.

Several players took huge pay cuts when the club were plunged into administration in February – as they tried to save jobs at Ibrox.

Goian and the rest of Ally McCoist’s squad have clauses in their contracts which allow them to leave at the end of the season for a cut-price fee.

But Goian has revealed he’s eager to stay. He said: “It has been a difficult year for everyone connected with Rangers. But despite those problems, it was also nice for me.

“I want to stay. I have a contract for another two years and want to play for Rangers.”

Great news, he is a great defender but as already mentioned does need a break. We need to remember these players have been working under some amount of stress so there is no doubt some of his performances weren't the greatest. I agree, a pre season would be fantastic for him. He can relax and get fit for the league next season. (tu)

Glad to here,, think he will improve next season, but he needs to score more goals at set pieces, not causing enough panic in opposition defences for such a big guy!!! Hope to see you in the blue of rangers next season big man!!!!!