Brian Kennedy is playing the waiting game

Buzz

This is just a post to raise a couple of points here.

First of all, Kennedy has always claimed he will be the 'last man standing' in this bidding process. Interpret that as you will, but for me, I believe it means that the bidding process is full of chancers and people who will bail once they see the clubs finances.

Secondly, Kennedy is a businessman. He cut his teeth in construction, arguably the hardest of all industries to become successful in. His companies are massive in the construction world, make no mistake about it. I would imagine this guy knows what he's doing when it comes to acquiring companies.

Third, his press conference last night. Very much a case of grandstanding, and his whole "We're out of the bidding process" was almost immediately dispelled as he sent an email to D&P last night saying that his phone would be on all night. The fact we haven't had a PB named as expected for me means that something has hit a snag in the CG consortium.

All in all, I don't think this saga is anywhere near completion. What I do think however, is that Brian Kennedy and TBK's will eventually become our owners. But we're going to have to wait for it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Kennedy has always claimed he will be the 'last man standing' in this bidding process. Interpret that as you will, but for me, I believe it means that the bidding process is full of chancers and people who will bail once they see the clubs finances.

Secondly, Kennedy is a businessman. He cut his teeth in construction, arguably the hardest of all industries to become successful in. His companies are massive in the construction world, make no mistake about it. I would imagine this guy knows what he's doing when it comes to acquiring companies.

Third, his press conference last night. Very much a case of grandstanding, and his whole "We're out of the bidding process" was almost immediately dispelled as he sent an email to D&P last night saying that his phone would be on all night. The fact we haven't had a PB named as expected for me means that something has hit a snag in the CG consortium.

All in all, I don't think this saga is anywhere near completion. What I do think however, is that Brian Kennedy and TBK's will eventually become our owners. But we're going to have to wait for it.

Very much agree

Trouble is, he said that a CVA was impossible unless his people were in Ibrox at 9:00am this morning. I'm guessing that they weren't. How stupid is he going to look, after his "blood on their hands" rhetoric if he comes back on Monday with a tale about a new bid and a CVA still being possible?

My thoughts exactly pal and a cracking post .Hope it comes to pass .Ally ,Big hately and Dukebox were there last night and they looked gutted .Met Coisty ,Shook his hand and said stay strong for us all and he said definitely .Couldnt help myself being a tit and saying we love you Ally but I'm sure it was appreciated

............What I do think however, is that Brian Kennedy and TBK's will eventually become our owners. But we're going to have to wait for it.

Not unless they offer a helluva lot more than just a paultry £2m upfront they wont!!

Trouble is, he said that a CVA was impossible unless his people were in Ibrox at 9:00am this morning. I'm guessing that they weren't. How stupid is he going to look, after his "blood on their hands" rhetoric if he comes back on Monday with a tale about a new bid and a CVA still being possible?

Good point but that stupid look will be reserved for the anti TBK brigade on here

Trouble is, he said that a CVA was impossible unless his people were in Ibrox at 9:00am this morning.

A CVA is NOT impossible, despite what he said. A CVA could be arranged at ANY time.

What might be a long-shot is getting a CVA in place for the start of the new season. But a CVA is NEVER impossible to arrange any time from now.

Show us the money through one of your many broken windows.

They are offering 5m up front, according to yesterdays press conference.

No, they're not. £3.5m of that is from transfer money due in on 1st June from other clubs. Their offer upfront is ONLY £2m. However, even at £5 - £5.5m that's still lower than ANY other bid, or lower than liquidation would raise, hence the reason they were knocked back.

Good point but that stupid look will be reserved for the anti TBK brigade on here

I suppose that would include me. But I've looked stupid before. I just think they're peddling unrealistic fantasies of a New Jerusalem that I don't think can exist. The immediate future has to be pain. To be looking at a Euro-bounty in years two and three is just a fantasy.

No, they're not. £3.5m of that is from transfer money due in on 1st June from other clubs. Their offer upfront is ONLY £2m. However, even at £5 - £5.5m that's still lower than ANY other bid, or lower than liquidation would raise, hence the reason they were knocked back.

No, Kennedy clearly stated that the 3.5m of debtors was separate in the interview.

A CVA is NOT impossible, despite what he said. A CVA could be arranged at ANY time.

What might be a long-shot is getting a CVA in place for the start of the new season. But a CVA is NEVER impossible to arrange any time from now.

I would take a 10 point deduction for next season if it meant a delayed cva and no liquidation . Don't know if it would mean another season of no euro football though

So, what you're saying is that he was fibbing? Isn't that the sole preserve of Duff and Phelps? What other fibs might he have come out with in the press conference?