Beware Freddy Sheppard.

gersandy

Its been reported that this guy is part of greens consortium to take over the club. And as much as i am happy we look to be saved, we should be wary of him.

The newcastle fans dont look too fondly at his time as chairman down there.

Also Sir Bobby Robson (a guy well thought of in the football world), doesn't speak too kindly about the guy in his book.

Im not saying we should panic, but some of the stuff in that book (if true), makes me worried about the kind of guy we could have around the club.

Only thing we can do is wait n see unless there's a billionaire Gers fan out there we have no choice but to give him a chance

Cue a statement from AJ no doubt and a bitter swipe from TBK'S

According to the book, Sir Bobby Robson was 'asked' to resign after dropping Shearer for a midweek FA cup game, when they had a game against Man Utd. Apparently Shearer was standing behind Sheppard at the time.

Another one was when Robson needed a new striker, he got his scouting teams to draw up a list of targets around the £6m mark. As a joke Robson remarked "if you cant get any of them, get me Wayne Rooney". Sheppard scrapped the list and went for Rooney with a derisory offer, leaving Robson short of strikers. This was made a joke of in the press, but according to Robson it was deadly serious.

These are the 2 that stick out, but im sure there was more, and id have to read it again.

Shepherd also slagged off football fans for being stupid enough to spend so much on club merchandise.

His son, Kenny, and Paul Stretford are also rumoured to be involved and both are registered football agents. Shepherd junior was criticised for inconsistencies in the evidence given to the Quest Inquiry into bungs in football. He was involved in the Boumsong deal. Stretford is a gangster with heavy connections in London.

We've already been warned about Green.

Shepherd also slagged off football fans for being stupid enough to spend so much on club merchandise.

His son, Kenny, and Paul Stretford are also rumoured to be involved and both are registered football agents. Shepherd junior was criticised for inconsistencies in the evidence given to the Quest Inquiry into bungs in football. He was involved in the Boumsong deal. Stretford is a gangster with heavy connections in London.

We've already been warned about Green.

He also called the female fans of Newcastle dogs.

According to the book, Sir Bobby Robson was 'asked' to resign after dropping Shearer for a midweek FA cup game, when they had a game against Man Utd. Apparently Shearer was standing behind Sheppard at the time.

Another one was when Robson needed a new striker, he got his scouting teams to draw up a list of targets around the £6m mark. As a joke Robson remarked "if you cant get any of them, get me Wayne Rooney". Sheppard scrapped the list and went for Rooney with a derisory offer, leaving Robson short of strikers. This was made a joke of in the press, but according to Robson it was deadly serious.

These are the 2 that stick out, but im sure there was more, and id have to read it again.

I'm pretty sure 100's of managers & owners up and down the UK and beyond have had similar disagreements.

I'm also slightly worried but what else can we do?, the people I wanted in put in a shite bid and tried to pull on the fans heart strings instead.

For the record though, i wasnt sure about the blue knights, half the time Paul Murray was blowing out his arse. I wanted Kennedy involved though, and he may well be at some stage.

These new owners should be given a chance to come out and engage with us now. I just wanted to voice my concerns about Sheppard. But if he brings the same calibre of player to Rangers as he did down there i'll be a happy man.

I saw something on a thread the other day that I think is important in this situation, we have ten years to get rid of a bad owner, but we haven't got long to sign one.

Get someone to buy us, and then if they are bad we can get rid of them eventually, obviously he is not as bad as Whyte because Newcastle are in a strong financial situation.

Lets hear people out, people who are in a position to help the club seem to be few and far between, I'm all ears and would suggest anyone else who's priority is rangers and not the soap opera side of things to just listen