Transfers

Boateng is a fantastic centre back. I'd say he's underrated to the general football fan. Alaba is arguably the best left back in the world, Lahm arguably still the best right back in the world (if he was played there, Ancelotti probably will) and Boateng and Hummels two brilliant CBs. Only Atletico defender I'd take is Godin. Bayern's defensive frailties come from Guardiola. I think Bayern will be fantastic defensively under Ancelotti. 

That slip against Barcelona is a large reason why Boateng's reputation went way down. One mistake against Messi. Week in, week out he's proved to be a top CB for years though and Pep has completely fucked up the defence. Most of the time these days there isn't even a CB on the pitch. Rafinha, Bernat, Alaba, Alonso have all been show-horned in there, 3 at the back and play way up the pitch.

Not fair to judge Alaba while playing CB either, defending wise I have no qualms about him, as a modern-day fullback he's probably the best

Hummels is prone to mistakes, I'll admit that. But great with the ball (as is Boateng) and on his day a world class defender. Lahm is put all over the place, I don't even think he knows what position he's supposed to be playing, even when he's in defence he's been roaming all over the midfield.

You mention Atletico, I'd say Simeone's system and tactics elevate their performance while Pep's makes Bayern's worse. If I had a new club with no manager in place and could choose Alaba, Lahm, Boateng and Hummels or Luis, Godin, Gimenez and Juanfran I choose the former. Think Bayern are going to be a completely different team next season for the better.

26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Better hope Carlo's league record improves, 3 league titles in his managerial career is extremely poor.

League will come itself, it's Bayern.

3 Champions League wins is what Bayern are looking at

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, Broxi said:

Official statement saying that Hummels has requested a move to Bayern. Ancelotti will go 4 at the back with any hope, in which case Alaba Hummels Boateng Lahm will be be the best defence line-up in the world 

Wallace Kiernan Wilson and Tav are better tbf

The German league is becoming as embarrassing as the SPL was without us in it. 

The EPL might not be anywhere near the best league in the world in terms of quality, but at least you don't have a carry-on like you see in Germany, where one club just buys all the best players from their nearest rivals. 

Liverpool and Bayern were interested in him as well. Seems like Bayern ended up with Sanches and Dortmund got Dembele. Dembele looks like a fantastic signing for Dortmund, could turn into some player