Duff & Phelps out now

oh we will see on Friday how big a difference their really is between tbk and green.

given d&p felt the need to lie about tbk.bid my guess is its not much.

Any proof of this that doesn't come from TBK?

Not saying you are lying just pointing out, as you have, that every single person involved in this has their own agenda

Any proof of this that doesn't come from TBK?

Not saying you are lying just pointing out, as you have, that every single person involved in this has their own agenda

we know what tbk bid was worth to creditors. on Friday we are told we will see what greens bid is worth to them.

I'd suggest that we force Duff & Phelps out by whatever means necessary. In my ideal world, a new administrator is appointed. We sell any saleable assets we possibly can strip the staff to its bare minimum. Any money raised through this (including money from supporters groups is assigned to existing debt). We proceed with the sale of season tickets and attribute any money above our minimum running costs towards debt whilst we await the final verdict of the big tax case. During this time, we time structure a fan based ownership model or bring in someone who has the clubs interests at heart to takeover and create a viable repayment plan.

As I said, it'd be painful and perhaps even see us relegated but in the long term we'd still exist in the exact same form we always have, and we'll be all the stronger for doing so.

This is all assuming that Green's bid isn;t viable though. Are we totally convinced it isn't? Convinced enough to sack all of our valuable playing staff?

we know what tbk bid was worth to creditors. on Friday we are told we will see what greens bid is worth to them.

Is there a document of public knowledge of this or only what they said in their goodbye press conference?

I do get the feeling that Greens bid certainly wont be any worse than what TBK's was, I could be wrong though

I couldn't tell you. But what I would suggest is Charles Green is smart man. I'm sure he'll be fully aware that should a CVA fail, the value of the stadium/training facilities should a liquidation event take place are high. And I'm sure he'll realise that a with a fervently loyal fan base such as ours, it'd be of great benefit for him to have a good reputation with us.

Another administration team could really slash our costs to the bones. Duff & Phelps haven't. And they haven't for a reason. If I owe you £100, which would you rather agree to? Me paying you £10 a month until I've paid my debt, or me just giving you £20 and calling it quits?

but did charles green not state that there was an agreement in place with whyte that the shares changed hands only in respect of a CVA ..Otherwise whyte owns the assets ..and therefore HE is quids in and not green ??

the judge will demand the evidence.

That's my point though. If HMRC/Ticketus had evidence, by logic, they would have taken this step already. So, the evidence is coming from this BBC show? Is it credible? The show certainly didn't seem to show us anything utterly concrete

Is there a document of public knowledge of this or only what they said in their goodbye press conference?

I do get the feeling that Greens bid certainly wont be any worse than what TBK's was, I could be wrong though

it won't be worse.

yes we have the bid in full it was released to the press

That's my point though. If HMRC/Ticketus had evidence, by logic, they would have taken this step already. So, the evidence is coming from this BBC show? Is it credible? The show certainly didn't seem to show us anything utterly concrete

tonight might have been the first step.

or they may wait and see what happens with green.

Perhaps that was your mistake?

Green wasn't even discussed in the programme, apart from a couple of passing mentions towards the current situation.

D and P were though. I don't think i'm mistaken in assuming, after having a quick glance at this topic's heading, that D and P were under a little heat after tonights show (tu)

D and P were though. I don't think i'm mistaken in assuming, after having a quick glance at this topic's heading, that D and P were under a little heat after tonights show (tu)

Nobody is disputing that, but why did you bring Green into it?

tonight might have been the first step.

or they may wait and see what happens with green.

I guess, for me, this is the viable next step. Don't think there is a lot we should be doing other than seeing what he can do. If he fails, then I think other plans of actions will become a lot more viable. In saying that though, it might not be his fault should HMRC take a stupidly hard line and demand more money

Ha well I guess we'd have to go with their state of affairs in this massive game. Have to say, as much as i'm wary of D&P/Green, i'm also wary of what TBK have claimed too

if you think they have been dishonest about something post it. I will have a look.

Any notion that the taxman will accept a CVA agree (particularly one of this size) are just not on for me. Can you point me to any previous examples where HMRC have accepted a CVA? I think there are far more instances where the HMRC accept what they call a 'Time to Pay' agreement. The clauses of a deal like this are showing that the repayment plan is viable, showing that you will be able to pay any tax incurred during the repayment period and showing that the company intends to pay the debt off in the fastest way possible.

they approve 73% of all cvas apparently.

Any notion that the taxman will accept a CVA agree (particularly one of this size) are just not on for me. Can you point me to any previous examples where HMRC have accepted a CVA? I think there are far more instances where the HMRC accept what they call a 'Time to Pay' agreement. The clauses of a deal like this are showing that the repayment plan is viable, showing that you will be able to pay any tax incurred during the repayment period and showing that the company intends to pay the debt off in the fastest way possible.

I cannot sir, not in the slightest. You may well be correct, I literally have no clue, like 99% of us here, on the ins and outs of administration in football clubs. Don't think it will take that long for us to find out our answer though. No harm in trying I suppose