Matt Philips - Scotland

How does Matt Philips qualify for us? born in England and has 5 caps for England U19 & 5 caps for England U20 (last year).

always find these situations a bit strange, personally i can't imagine playing for 1 country and then switching to another.

How does Matt Philips qualify for us? born in England and has 5 caps for England U19 & 5 caps for England U20 (last year).

always find these situations a bit strange, personally i can't imagine playing for 1 country and then switching to another.

Got a Scottish Grandmother or something. I'm only a quarter Scottish (Scottish Grandmother) but the only team i'd be interested in playing for is Scotland. Don't really get this playing a few for one then departing for another. Guess you could argue why weren't we picking Phillips for the youth teams at an earlier stage so that he wasn't already playing for England.

Got a Scottish Grandmother or something. I'm only a quarter Scottish (Scottish Grandmother) but the only team i'd be interested in playing for is Scotland. Don't really get this playing a few for one then departing for another. Guess you could argue why weren't we picking Phillips for the youth teams at an earlier stage so that he wasn't already playing for England.

but we all know he's jumped ship cause he'll never get a start for the full England team :rolleyes:

Re - Stuart McCall, was warming up for England the bench was trying to catch his eye to get him on late in the game, he pretended he never seen them trying to alert him, so he never got on the field of play, next thing he is playing for Scotland, so the story goes.

No full England caps.

yes i know mate & i know how the rules work but in principle it's a joke, imagine all yer mates delighted you got into the England U19'2 the U20's only to turn yer back and play for Scotland :rolleyes:

Dominic Matteo is another that springs to mind.

eh?

Nothing personal, I'm just getting in before all the fukk anything Scotland crew put thr bit into the mix, they don't care but love to have thr say.

But wasn't a dig at you.

Nothing personal, I'm just getting in before all the fukk anything Scotland crew put thr bit into the mix, they don't care but love to have thr say.

But wasn't a dig at you.

ha ha all good mate, i just find the whole jumping ship carry on a bit much to stomach (tu)

If I moved to Emgland to live Id still want my son to play for Scotland. I don't think playing for England at youth level should be an issue, it would let teams down there see what he has to offer.

Jermaine Jones on the American team last night was born in Germany to a German mother (American dad in the forces), played whole career in Germany, has 5 or so full German caps, but cause none of them were in a competitive game (qualifier or tournament game), he was able to switch to the US team.

He is also a massive, dirty cunt.

Jermaine Jones on the American team last night was born in Germany to a German mother (American dad in the forces), played whole career in Germany, has 5 or so full German caps, but cause none of them were in a competitive game (qualifier or tournament game), he was able to switch to the US team.

That is incredible that can be allowed to happen.

That rule doesn't even make any sense, how can anyone possibly justify that ? Shocking.

If you're only a quarter scottish why would Scotland be the only team you'd be interested in, where were you born?