Met a fan of the sheep

As the title says I met a sheep fan yesterday and he was pretty decent about how this whole farce was being played out.

It's fair to say that his point was tempered by the fact he was speaking directly with a Gers fan but again he was pretty specific in his thoughts.

We deserve to be hammered, I think thats a pretty popular claim by almost anyone who doesn't support the Gers.

He listened to my point with regards the vast majority of bears saying we had no issue with punishment where it's fair and taken from the list of agreed sanctions, not made up to suit agendas. He was also very very honest in saying that it would cost the Dons in the region of a half million every home game against Rangers, taking in to account our fans plus the extra home fans who turn up when we are in town. With the added sponsorship money that comes in for live tv games against us it's pretty damning how much they do rely on us.

He was also very cagey about the punishment we receive as it's in the back of their minds that we would survive the harsh punishments we would receive, albeit it may hamstring us for a couple of seasons but it would destroy them if they suffered administration and they would go out of business. He seemed to think that the rush to punish us was a great way to get back at us but the cold light of day and time to reflect has made them stop and think.

All in all without going into the full conversation he hates us just as we hate them but understands the implications of us leaving the SPL.

We both agreed on one thing though, take away the big two and the game dies, what have the SFA done to combat the obvious decline in supporters and if they were to spend more time helping the clubs rather than punishing them we may see a move for the better.

£500,000 for every home game against us? Not a chance.

His thoughts and figures I wasn't arguing.

Match day tickets and spend at the stadium per fan $30 per head traveling Rangers and extra Aberdeen fans circa 8000 = $240,000

Sky money for a home game $160,000 his figure not mine.

Extra sponsorship due to the Rangers turning up upwards of $50,000

I've been away from the UK for almost a decade so wasn't sure of ticket prices etc but that to me seemed a pretty fair assumption on the fans and their spend.

Its not our fault that they cant surrvive without us. I understand the jelousy from the other teams fans and i accept Whyte and Murray have fucked up big time. We have already been hammered and are still being punished, how much more do they want?

Short answer? They want us finished. Kaput. No more.

All we need to do is turn up next season and we have won.

Moved away 6 months ago. I lived in the City Centre to be fair, which is full of student types. Plus all the locals seem to go out at the top end of town where Justice Mill, etc is.

Justice Mill pub is my normal hang out when in Aberdeen, cheap beer. :beer1: