Sun says Laff's gone to Huddersfield

Shane

Copy and paste so you don't have to help their click counts. Bunch of rambling shit, etc etc. You know the drill:

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN are set to swoop for Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty.

The Championship new boys want to nab the Northern Ireland ace in a cut-price deal.

Lafferty can move on for a knockdown £575,000 fee thanks to a clause negotiated in his contract when Rangers stars agreed a wage cut in March.

That's triggered on Friday — which is also the day Lafferty gets married to former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh.

Huddersfield boss Simon Grayson and chairman Dean Hoyle are set to have a clear-out at the club despite their dramatic promotion in a Play-off Final shootout.

They are resigned to losing £5m-rated Scotland Under-21 ace Jordan Rhodes and Grayson has earmarked Lafferty and Ross McCormack as potential replacements.

Grayson signed former Motherwell hitman McCormack for Leeds in August 2010 and would like to team up with him again.

Meanwhile, Rangers' creditors have been forced to endure another delay as they wait to discover how much they'll recoup.

Administrators Duff and Phelps now won't announce details of a CVA proposal until today. That's just 24 hours before all 12 SPL clubs meet at Hampden for a crucial vote on possible sanctions on a Gers newco.

Joint administrator Paul Clark said: "A formal notice of the CVA meetings will be sent to all creditors and shareholders of the club tomorrow providing further details of the CVA process. The proposal will offer the best return for all stakeholders given the position the club's in.

"If approved by the creditors, the CVA proposal will rescue the Company and finally enable it to exit administration.

The SPL has agreed to a "period of grace" for Gers to meet financial criteria to play in the league next term.

A league spokesperson said: "Rangers made an application for a period of grace in which to provide certain documents required by the SPL Financial Disclosure Requirements.

"The SPL Board granted a period of grace until June 15. The matter will be reviewed further at that time."

Creditors have 14 days to consider the CVA proposal — with that deadline now just one day before the SPL deadline.

It means Charles Green's proposed takeover won't be settled until the middle of the close-season.

And a financial expert who played a role in Fergus McCann's takeover of Celts has claimed Gers could be stuck in the wilderness for five years.

David Low said: "Green will be running a straitjacketed Rangers and Fergus found himself in the same position when he took over.

"As long as the Rangers punters understand the situation and continue to follow their team they should be back in contention for the title within three to five years."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I've started another thread if admin could delete mine. Also notice the Sun have taken the most negative part of the Low interview and put a spin on it. Infact the full interview was fairly positive and says we are a good buy.

Sorry I've started another thread if admin could delete mine. Also notice the Sun have taken the most negative part of the Low interview and put a spin on it. Infact the full interview was fairly positive and says we are a good buy.

I always win pipeb.gif

The type of transfer that put us in the financial shitter.

Sadly, Lafferty seems to be taking advantage of the situation. His attitude has - apparently - been atrocious and I'm completely let down by the guy.

Another Boyd heir apparent on his way out. Should've just kept Krissy and given him his salary. We've pissed it away ten times over on the people we've paid to replace him.

Obviously scored some extremely important goals for us, had he transferred his end of season type form into full season he would be sorely missed.

As things stand I would rather see Little, if he stays, given a start before him.

His consistency was poor.

Brilliant one week, then u wouldn't have realised he was playing for the next three weeks.

Freeing up his wages will allow us to go and bring someone of better quality and experience into the club.

If he doesn't want to stay and fight the cause for another season then its better he is gone, don't mind him actually but if he was as good a player on the pitch as he is in his own mind then it would be a steal at 500k. Cost us much and sold for to little but not the first player in that category, onwards and upwards.

A player that only lasted for his reputation with the fans, and his antics to try and please us. Lacked the consistency in ability to make a starting position for himself. Some good goals, and good memories, most of which came as an impact sub.

At 15k a week, we've been wasting too much money on treating someone in the medical room for most of his time. Just gutted with these release values - seems to be we are going to lose out on about a third of their values

well all i can say if he thinks HUDDERSFIELD TOWN are going to challenge for trophy's or promotion then his head is more fucked that we first thought . we will be back in europe we will be winning the leauge while u get relegated so if he said he was a rangers supporter he would do his part and stay to help the club for 1 more season