Green Sets Record Straight

By Andrew Dickson

CHARLES GREEN insists he will only profit from Rangers if he gets the club completely on the right track again - and is adamant he won't make as much as has been reported.

One newspaper report claimed today the Yorkshireman stands to make £4million by keeping the Light Blues in business.

He insists that figure is far too high and maintains the actual amount he will make if everything goes smoothly is the lowest he will ever have made in football.

Green has stressed his income will be in the form of shares in the club and he'll only get them if he achieves three main aims.

Speaking in an exclusive interview you can see on RangersTV.tv for free if you register, he said of the £4million sum: "First of all, the figure is wrong.

"Secondly, I said on day one I said I wasn't coming here because I was the Salvation Army and I came here to make money.

"I make no apology for that and the reality is that any money I make will be in the form of shares but it's conditional on three things being achieved.

"The debts of the club need to be removed, we need to get finance into the club and I need to list the club on an appropriate exchange.

"Until those three hurdles are overcome, I won't achieve anything and there is a percentage of the newly-enlarged company that will come to me that will come to me once it is done.

"In terms of reward, it's probably going to be the lowest I've ever been paid. It's a performance-related structure and I believe that's appropriate."

http://www.app.rangers.co.uk/news#279173

I have no problem in Green making money as long as he puts Rangers back on the straight and narrow.

sees these people bringing this up, what planet do they live on?

no1 would save and run rangers for nothing, not even the so called rangers men(tbk).

everyone wants to make money and if he sorts the club out then why shouldnt he be rewarded.

If I guy comes along and says I wave my wand and your club survives and is debt free nd your not hamstrung in terms of future competiveness but it will cost you 3 million.....would we take it? I would say yes!

But why do some always use these threads to have a go at other groups who also wanted to help? sad really!

By Andrew Dickson

CHARLES GREEN insists he will only profit from Rangers if he gets the club completely on the right track again - and is adamant he won't make as much as has been reported.

One newspaper report claimed today the Yorkshireman stands to make £4million by keeping the Light Blues in business.

He insists that figure is far too high and maintains the actual amount he will make if everything goes smoothly is the lowest he will ever have made in football.

Green has stressed his income will be in the form of shares in the club and he'll only get them if he achieves three main aims.

Speaking in an exclusive interview you can see on RangersTV.tv for free if you register, he said of the £4million sum: "First of all, the figure is wrong.

"Secondly, I said on day one I said I wasn't coming here because I was the Salvation Army and I came here to make money.

"I make no apology for that and the reality is that any money I make will be in the form of shares but it's conditional on three things being achieved.

"The debts of the club need to be removed, we need to get finance into the club and I need to list the club on an appropriate exchange.

"Until those three hurdles are overcome, I won't achieve anything and there is a percentage of the newly-enlarged company that will come to me that will come to me once it is done.

"In terms of reward, it's probably going to be the lowest I've ever been paid. It's a performance-related structure and I believe that's appropriate."

http://www.app.rangers.co.uk/news#279173

I have no problem in Green making money as long as he puts Rangers back on the straight and narrow.

agreed, wee fergus the bunnet done it, mind you despite saving sellick, he was never that popular