Why Are We Hated In Scotland

minstral

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. If we are hated because we're protestants and the vatican has brainwashed everybody. Why haven't other clubs with large unionist/protestant supports felt the same feeling?

Good question,and another thing to consider is that Scotland (although not practicing) is predominantly presbyterian.

Rangers fans are the backbone of the Tartan Army? Other than on here, I don't know a single bluenose who offers their "support" to the Scottish national team in terms of actually going to the games.

there are a good number of us on this thread and I go with a group of mates to the Scotland games and all are rangers fans ( except 1 who supports Motherwell!! ) don't let a few rabid posters on the Internet lead you to believe Scottish rangers fans have abandoned support for their national team

Rangers fans are the backbone of the Tartan Army? Other than on here, I don't know a single bluenose who offers their "support" to the Scottish national team in terms of actually going to the games.

There are "the Krankies" on this thread though.

The real reason that you are getting upset is because you have a problem with certain groups of people for no reason other than prejudice. You don't have a leg to stand on so resorted to personal abuse because you ran out of mature argument.

I tried to work out why you turned your back on your own country and you said first of all that it was because of some teuchter that shouted out a rude name at Scotland match ,then it was because of Roxburgh and then it was because of some people wearing their own national costume to the games and now it is because you say you don't feel 100% Scottish ?

You keep changing the agenda as you go along !

You do have exactly the same attitude as McGeady and the plastics at Celtic and that is very ironic to say the least !

As for the 1 neg rep that i gave you,it was hardly unreasonable because you gave me a torrent of abuse on that post.

You don;t give a monkeys about what i think ? Then why have you replied to me on 5 occasions on here ?

Me...I will follow you around on this thread as long as i like and for as long as you continue to post such prejudiced drivel.

Rangers fans are the backbone of the TA ...so why would you let some people wearing kilts make you turn your back on your own country ?

It might be more positive if you could post in a more mature and adult fashion ,

The abuse makes you look defeated and silly !

Listen fido, I've never once turned my back on Great Britain. As far as Im concerned the TA are the Territorial Army.

It is a discussion board fella ... where people discuss .

Have you never heard of adult debate ?

For a man who says he does not care what i think...Why do you keep quoting me ?

And i refer you to my original point ! You have the exact same attitude to Scotland as McGeady....Why is that ?

Strange that you seem obsessed with mcgeady. You mention him in nearly every post, fido. Why is that?

Celtic fans and catholics in particular , cant wait for a vote on indipendence, they are desperate to be seperated from the crown, they dont understand that they are a minority, and if all loyalists vote for the union then they have no chance of indipendence, they also see us as the catalist in holding Scotland in the u.k. and if we were no more that would give them somekind of a chance, they are ofcourse deluded,

Celtic fans and catholics in particular , cant wait for a vote on indipendence, they are desperate to be seperated from the crown, they dont understand that they are a minority, and if all loyalists vote for the union then they have no chance of indipendence, they also see us as the catalist in holding Scotland in the u.k. and if we were no more that would give them somekind of a chance, they are ofcourse deluded,

An independent Scotland would retain HM as head of state. This has been confirmed.by the SNP.

bad news all round then - its a vote on independence - not on republicanism ! even after independence the queen will still be the Scottish queen as well as the rest of the common wealth

yes HM would be head of state, one of the Queen's functions is defender of the faith, the prime minister of Britain cant be of the catholic persuasion. That wont apply to an independent Scotland, we have enough of that persuasion in top jobs in Scotland, be that Labour , or SNP. that vote would allow the catholic church an even greater say in Scottish politics than they have at present.

yes HM would be head of state, one of the Queen's functions is defender of the faith, the prime minister of Britain cant be of the catholic persuasion. That wont apply to an independent Scotland, we have enough of that persuasion in top jobs in Scotland, be that Labour , or SNP. that vote would allow the catholic church an even greater say in Scottish politics than they have at present.

Really? You actually think the Catholic church have a big say in Scottish politics? Thats why you can't have abortions, have the same rights as a married couple if you are homosexual and can walk into a supermarket and buy contraceptives off the shelf. The Catholic church may shout loud but they really don't have much sway whatsoever.

Really? You actually think the Catholic church have a big say in Scottish politics? Thats why you can't have abortions, have the same rights as a married couple if you are homosexual and can walk into a supermarket and buy contraceptives off the shelf. The Catholic church may shout loud but they really don't have much sway whatsoever.

Well Dude the catholic church in Scotland is part of the UK, when we dont have westminster to govern us and depend only on the Scottish government, watch what sway the catholic church may obtain from the minority who have worked their way into positions of poewr in Scotland. Do you think its just politics, what about the BBC news and sports departments, our tabloid news papers, top law jobs in Scotland, msp's , councilors, have a look who is making decisions in Scotland.

Well Dude the catholic church in Scotland is part of the UK, when we dont have westminster to govern us and depend only on the Scottish government, watch what sway the catholic church may obtain from the minority who have worked their way into positions of poewr in Scotland. Do you think its just politics, what about the BBC news and sports departments, our tabloid news papers, top law jobs in Scotland, msp's , councilors, have a look who is making decisions in Scotland.

Who is the highest ranking RC in the Scottish Government? Who is the highest ranking Presbyterian?

Who cares what BBC thinks. Every news agency in the world leans one way or the other. Sky News is to the right, BBC (UK) is to the left. Thats how life is.

Not the tabloids? OH noes.

Top law jobs? catholic church ran? Would that be like the homosexual catholic(!?) McBride? or Findlay? or that wee muslim guy thats appeared now?

My councillor is protestant. As was his predecessor. I believe the majority of councillors in my area are non-RC.

So, you might have to break it down a bit for me here, who exactly do YOU think is making the decisions round here?

but they're all secret catholics waiting for Scotland to gain independence to crack out the wafers and ribena.

I heard that they were all jacobites because they wanted to rule themselves like all other normal nations do.