McColl why he has to save (steal) Rangers

ray

It would be great to get McColl, Walter, Parks in the driving seat but is everyone just condemning Green?

McColl says Green is showing 'no transparency' with regards to what his intentions are, then he says he won't reveal his involvement or how much he will invest (confused)

That's what jumped out at me

Where's his business plan?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who's absolutely disgusted by the way Mccoll, park and Walter have gone about this?

These so called rangers men didnt want to put themselves in the firing line and have to liquidate rangers. They waited till Charles green done the dirty work and then came forward, playing on fan power and our sentiment for Walter as a way to get their hands on our club.

It's shocking that some of our fans are throwing insults at Charles green. Some would do well to remember that Charles green was the only one to stump up the cash when it was required!

In my opinion Smith has made a complete cnut of himself allowing to be be made the public face of rich people who waited till the patient died before trying to apply the life saving drug. i.e. £.s.d.

Smith is also guilty of starting a war among the Rangers family. Great manager but turning out to be a bit of an arse as far as business and the corporate world is concerned. Go back to the golf course Wattie.

In my opinion Smith has made a complete cnut of himself allowing to be be made the public face of rich people who waited till the patient died before trying to apply the life saving drug. i.e. £.s.d.

Smith is also guilty of starting a war among the Rangers family. Great manager but turning out to be a bit of an arse as far as business and the corporate world is concerned. Go back to the golf course Wattie.

are you for real? <cr>

My biggest concern is the way Wattie & Co went about their announcement

They could have easily called a meeting with Green and had the discussions in private

Green could have considered their bid and done one of three things

Accepted it, rejected it outright or come to a compromise whereby Wattie and his folk came on board thus giving them oversight of Greens running of the club

This would have made sense and would have been a more professional way of doing things

But to just make an announcement like they did, effectively hijacking Green as he was announcing his team and his plans was as we might say "not the Rangers way"

Dodgy, something still smells between him and D&P pushing it through soo fast. Reports were he didnt have the funds, he was using the CVA money to keep Rangers going just now, 20 investers, about 4 maybe, stalking Douglas Park to join up....... I dont trust him sorry, in it for the money (fair Play) but he will sell, watch how Ally and the players respond to the TUPE

You want honesty yet slate Green for admitting he didn't know who Davie Cooper was.

You say there was something dodgy in the way Green got the club yet smugly want Walters mob to get it by unfair means.

Their sleekit games with the Ally story yesterday don't fill me with confidence.

Neither did waiting for somebody else to do the dirty work and then applying pressure to oust them.

Come to that neither did putting Paul Murray out the way and replacing him with Walter as a sop to the fans.

Doubtless as soon as a deal is done Mini will pull off the Walter mask he's wearing and step forward. Another reason he's hiding at the back is cos HMRC will hammer us if he is involved due to his past dealings.

Personally I think Walters consortium sounds great and I'd have backed them from the off. They are what the original TBK should have been.

However, they are 24 hours old and have already been underhand and dishonest. That does not bode well for the future.

If they get the club fair and square I'm fine with that, but if they carry on with the dirty tricks they are on their own. I'll never trust them.

Guys, we are focussing on the past and the why didn't they do this or that. I have nothing really against Green but for me the question is what is best for us now? If any of you had the choice, who would you choose.......... Green or Walter? Ultimately I would choose Walter and friends.

are you for real? <cr>

Yes because I see through the mist that is eveloping nearly everybody else. Smith is a novice in the world of big business and he should keep out of it but if he wants to help Rangers he has been offered a high profile and prestigious job as chairman of the football board at Ibrox. Why not accept?

Green stepped up to the plate when everybody else was hiding under the table.

This (ten-fold) :angry:

This last-minute shit is bang out of order. Smith, McColl, Park (who was meant to be involved in the Troo Bloo How-Do-You-Do mob) have fucked about and fucked about and ultimately none of them wanted to get their hands dirtied with the stigma of "liquidation".....but once that's out of the way......

They make me sick to my stomach the lot of them. :angry:

Yep!

Look at us look at us! we are the good guys going to save the day!

Really? Why didnt you come save the day before we got stuck with Whyte? Why not when it became obvious even to stupid/gullable amongst us that WHyte was no good? Why didnt you come save the day before Green (the guy not many had a problem with the other day but now that SWS is here he is a dick) got involved?

Simple answer is these "saviours" didnt want to be involved in any of the dirty work. They wanted to be whiter than white. Fuck that. Step up and sort things out thats great thank you. I dont want to hear though that they have nothing but good intentions, they should have been here sooner.

Off on a slight tangent, who do you think will stand up for Rangers in the media and at the SFA/SPL more. Charlie Green or Walter Smith?

Wattie has too much dignity to defend the club in the robust manner it needs defending these days. The Smith stiff upper lip has had its day we need a street fighter in charge at Ibrox to face up to our enemies.

"The way it is going, there is not enough transparency.

Mr McColl refused to reveal how much money he was putting into the Walter Smith-led consortium, saying: "I don't want to comment about me or any of the consortium. I have no comment to make about who, or how much, or what."

It's not just me, is it? <cr>

Yes because I see through the mist that is eveloping nearly everybody else. Smith is a novice in the world of big business and he should keep out of it but if he wants to help Rangers he has been offered a high profile and prestigious job as chairman of the football board at Ibrox. Why not accept?

Green stepped up to the plate when everybody else was hiding under the table.

What exactly has Green done since stepping up to the plate ???

Thats right , put us exactly where we would have been without him ........LIQUIDATED !

The difference being , he's going to make millions for fuck all , just like his buddy Whyte .........

It's not just me, is it? <cr>

Apparently picking up on that sort of things makes your allegiance questionable, time for pulling together all Smith and McColl have done is creat division with their very amateur stage managed entrance.

Questions were demanded by the fans about details of investors & what funding they would put in ! Why is it the same fans are prepared to go blindly into this new bid , Walter is no business man he is being shoved to the front by Mcoll ect to appease the fans

My biggest concern is the way Wattie & Co went about their announcement

They could have easily called a meeting with Green and had the discussions in private

Green could have considered their bid and done one of three things

Accepted it, rejected it outright or come to a compromise whereby Wattie and his folk came on board thus giving them oversight of Greens running of the club

This would have made sense and would have been a more professional way of doing things

But to just make an announcement like they did, effectively hijacking Green as he was announcing his team and his plans was as we might say "not the Rangers way"

This is the best post I have read since this all broke yesterday.

I would love Walter to be involved in our club again, just wish he and his backers had not gone about it in the manner they have.

Think it s .as I know exactly what he means.

My overwhelming preference is for Walter to be involved, no question about that whatsoever.

It's slightly disingenuous for Jim McColl berate the lack of transparency and then not give answers to questions like:

How much is McColl putting in? How much is Park putting in? Who are the other businessmen involved? What will be the shareholding structure? What plans do they have for supporter involvement? etc.

My overwhelming preference is for Walter to be involved, no question about that whatsoever.

It's slightly disingenuous for Jim McColl berate the lack of transparency and then not give answers to questions like:

How much is McColl putting in? How much is Park putting in? Who are the other businessmen involved? What will be the shareholding structure? What plans do they have for supporter involvement? etc.

Nonsense. All of those questions would never be answered before you do a deal.

Nonsense. All of those questions would never be answered before you do a deal.

Frankie is asking the same sort of questions in his article this morning:

Thus, I think it’s fair to ask Jim McColl and Dougie Park just who is involved in their group, what their plans are for the club and how they intending funding it?

I think they're questions that we should be asking.

Frankie is asking the same sort of questions in his article this morning:

I think they're questions that we should be asking.

Sorry Boss, but I think those questions would be required of McColl after the takeover. They are good questions, but they would possibly wet the appetite of Green more than anything if they were answered.