Green? or Walter?

Gerwelly

Green? or Walter?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to run Rangers and why?

Cant believe Green has so many people supporting him.

Personaly, I put it down to the bad timing of the Walter consortium. It was so wrong on so many levels. We are talking about the richest man in Scotland reported missing in action for the last 5 months and we didn't hear too much support from Walter either other than his condolances for something that had just died! NOT good enough from both, so to turn up on the day that we are officially liquidated, like the messiah walking on water is just unaccpetable for many. Messiah none of them are and for McColl, with his bounty he could have prevented the whole sorry saga if he really did love the club.

A second chance? Well if they want to put their money where their mouth is then join up with Green, as I am sure iot would be a powerful and winning combination.

I am all for union and NOT division and their action was devisive as you can see from the postings.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe Green has so many people supporting him.

Maybe its because when the chips were down and all the others

werent prepared to try - it was good to have someone at least trying to do something

Actions speak louder than words and in his case he,s now the bad guy ?

For some to say liquidation was a guarantee no it wasnt not until the HMRC

had waited for an eternity to nail any chance of an alternative .

Now that the dust is settled all the proposal bidders had an opportunity

the cards were on the table at the time failed to show until the CVA was rejected.

Charles Green was honest said he isnt here for the long term

but at least he tried to do something at the time when we needed people to show their cards

so to question anyone backing him or his consortium now .

I cannot understand - a backlash for doing the best he could .

Green maybe here for a profit but only he stuck his nameplate no one else did when it mattered most .

and anyone giving him grief for me I have no time for - not complaining when he was the last voice standing

for our club he was in it for money so what - but if he gets a fresh slate and leaves us with at least a hope

of resurecting the beat team in glasgow in a better financial & in the end as we all want

the players that represented our club & fans lost in disaster in the past the respect and honor was worth fighting for.

Mr Green is a fighter and respect for what he has tried to do

Walter is a legend and his intentions are good.

Whatever happens both parties have the club at heart despite the tabloids negative spins.

If Walter and his backers wanted to "save" the club, they should have come forward with decent money and done it through a CVA. Green came up with the cash, and although his CVAwas thrown out, he brought clarity to the situation and paid to keep a semblance of the club as a going concern.

I'll be renewing my ST ASAP, now that I know the club will continue on, and while I hope that Walter takes an active role, I would prefer that everyone getbehind Green as the owner.

FFS, where was walter and his backers?, the club was beyond saving. How in the name of fuck can you go with someone who knows fuck all about the club and cares less.He is in this for a fuckin profit. Wake up.

I do not blame Walter.

However both McColl + Park could have stepped up. Had McColl not wanted direct involvement he could easily have funded the group led by mini.

McColl + Park appear only after the toxic debt is cleared using the Bill Miller model. A plan that according to 'the fans chief' could never work.

Seems neither wanted to be associated with the liquidation of the club but now want to take over a debt-free Rangers.

Well lads I'll support you 100% when you pay the fair market value. I'm sure Mr Green will happily walk away having made 'a few bob'.

Green maybe here for a profit but only he stuck his nameplate no one else did when it mattered most .

and anyone giving him grief for me I have no time for - not complaining when he was the last voice standing

for our club he was in it for money so what - but if he gets a fresh slate and leaves us with at least a hope

of resurecting the beat team in glasgow in a better financial & in the end as we all want

the players that represented our club & fans lost in disaster in the past the respect and honor was worth fighting for.

Mr Green is a fighter and respect for what he has tried to do

Walter is a legend and his intentions are good.

Whatever happens both parties have the club at heart despite the tabloids negative spins.

Green only has his profits at heart. Walter has the club at heart.

I'll put my hands up.. I've changed my vote from Green to Walter

I voted Green with my head, wanted to vote Walter with my heart.. Things go round and round in your head, they dont in your heart and being a Ranger should always be from the heart. That after all will be the driving force behind Walters bid

Who do I think has the business acumen? I don't think Walter has ever run a business before has he?

That kinda sums it up.

Walter is only a friendly PR front face. He will not be involved in the business side of things. Just sitting in the Stand enough for me.

We need to move forward as a club and although I'm not convinced about Charles Green as the new owner I think that clinging on to the past in the hope that Walter will bring back some sort of credibility seems like desparation, we need to stop this nonsense and I for one am sick of being a laughing stock because of our past history.

It's time to move on to a new beginning. We have a brand new club with brand new management and that's the way it should be. let's forget about all of the shysters who cheated their way to titles in the past, titles that you and I shamelessley accepted, only for us now to look stupid in the eyes of the rest of the world. Let's stick together and build from here.

Walter Smith every time. Some contrary fuckers will vote for Green though.

That's because we want a new start, Walter is a legend for sure but, he knew about the EBT's and Murray's crap, even if it was Advocat's reign for some of the time. He signed Gascoigne etc knowing full well that we weren't paying taxes, so Walter's a shyster too in my book. Let's move on and build a proper club, take our punishment and EARN credibility.

Yip because he saved us from liquidation ..........

No one could have saved us from Liquidation.

We need a total change in philosophy as a club. We need restructuring. We need to be run prudently.

We should not be paying players £10k plus a week to play in the SPL.

I fear if we have "Rangers men" we'll continue to do so, which has proven to be unsustainable if we don't qualify for the CL.

I believe Green should be given his chance, as what worse that can happen? We've already been liquidated. If he sells all the players, then fair enough, shit happens. We're a football club and I'd support the club, not the individual players in the jersey or what league we're in.

I would have preferred Walter's consortium if they had got their act together on time, but they didn't. Green and his consortium are the ones that saved us from disappearing, and if Walter wants to own us now then he will have to come up with enough cash to make it worthwhile for Green to leave happy with a piece of good business. Over to you Walter, are your backers ready to pay him enough?