Green? or Walter?

Gerwelly

Green? or Walter?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to run Rangers and why?

Yip because he saved us from liquidation ..........

The amount of deluded gullible folk on here is breathtaking ...........

Yeh sorry, you're totally right, I agree.

He should have paid other peoples debt in full. :rolleyes:

Some people need to get real, liquidation was inevitable.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh sorry, you're totally right, I agree.

He should have paid other peoples debt in full. :rolleyes:

Some people need to get real, liquidation was inevitable.

That is his point. Liquidation was inevitable, therefore Green should not be lauded as a savior given that it would have happened anyway.

Green has done all the work and is the rightful owner of the club. McColl and co made a smart move getting Walter in to front the bid. But hey, where were they in the last few months? They're the same as every other potential bidder, they wanted the club for nothing and only stepped in when the CVA was denied. Nobody seems to have come up with any dirt on Green so far (and no doubt they have been trying) so I doubt if he's another CW. As Green said last night, get Walter and his consortium in alongside the present owner, unite the fans, together we will be stronger. Don't let us be distracted from the next step, ie, where will be playing next year? Players contracts? etc etc. Like everyone else I want Walter back at the club but this 'not buying season tickets, demos and general mud slinging at CG is not the way to go about it.

I vote for the "walter" option even though he is just the figure head.

The real money behind it is McColl who was ready to fund a FANS takeover until scuppered by people with their own ambitions and agendas.

From what i know the "deal" will be to stabilise the club and then arrange it so that there is no way we can ever again be exposed to the whim of one maniac like Whyte nor a charlatan like moonbeam.

Mr Green has nothing in his can, he has one plan and that is to make a profit off our club, Charles Green is here for Charles Green NOT us.

He WASN'T the only option, he was deemed the "best" by duffer & duffer, but today we see that this "best" was NEVER going to be good enough yet they snuck a deal through that saw him pick up the club for a song with zero liabilities. Well WE should now say "thanks and cheerio", give him his pay-day and get the club back into the hands of guys who we know, and who we trust ?

I would have said 100% Walter at any other day bar yesterday. Walter et al seem to be very underhand to me. Letting someone else dirty their hands by moving us to liquidation and then riding in on white horses doesnt sit well with me. What sits even worse with me is the way they are tryng to manipulate the fans, giving it the big "Green should step aside for the good of the club" etc. The good of the club would have been for them to step in before all this shite not to wait until the day we went under then start a whole PR campaign claiming Green isnt the best for the club.

Green had the balls to do the things that needed to be done not sit in the shadows waiting to try and be the big hero.

The people rumoured to be involved in this consortium led by Walter should have stepped in before and they should have outlayed the big plans they have.

It's a no brainer. Really, it is.

There is no choice to make.

Charles Green stepped up to plate and bought Rangers. He will be the man to run it.

New owners aren't voted in. I could put myself up as next owner of BP, we could even have a wee poll on here where others could vote for me.

Like any other business, Green will own it unless he sells it.

If Walters mob want Rangers, what they need to do is quite simple. They negotiate with the owner and come to an agreed price. Then they pay it.

Everybodys happy.

On the other hand, if they try and cheat Green, it then gets very messy and could see us out of football for a while.

I would hope it wouldn't come to that.

No brainer, nothing really against Green except maybe a wee bit unclear on further funding, but rangers being run by rangers people with proven business successes and fronted by Walter, i was under the impression this was the kind of takeover that all rangers fans wanted, i certainly do

Walter by a mile.

Thanks Green for all you have done, but you have bought Rangers to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that, but I would prefer money not to be taken out of the club.

As far as I am aware any money made through the Smith consortium will be reinvested.

It's a no brainer. Really, it is.

There is no choice to make.

Charles Green stepped up to plate and bought Rangers. He will be the man to run it.

New owners aren't voted in. I could put myself up as next owner of BP, we could even have a wee poll on here where others could vote for me.

Like any other business, Green will own it unless he sells it.

If Walters mob want Rangers, what they need to do is quite simple. They negotiate with the owner and come to an agreed price. Then they pay it.

Everybodys happy.

On the other hand, if they try and cheat Green, it then gets very messy and could see us out of football for a while.

I would hope it wouldn't come to that.

Other than "Green got there first", do have any other reasons why you think Greens constortium is better suited to lead us forward than Walters.

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread, do you think Greens group outperform Smiths in any of these fields?

For all who say we know fuck all about the Green business plan, we know even less about the Walter Smith plan.

Green deserves some backing for taking the difficult decisions so far and carrying out everything he has set as an agenda thus far.

It's not a simple decision whether people like it or not, they need to come up with the money, TBK didn't do that at the time and if Walter's consortium want to take over they'll certainly need to find the funds.

I agree we need to more about Walter's plan, but what difficult decisions has Green taken? We would have went into liquidation anyway, and someone else could have purchased the assets (unless I am mistaken regarding the law here, which is possible).

Yip because he saved us from liquidation ..........

The amount of deluded gullible folk on here is breathtaking ...........

Have to agree, what Green has done to earn the plaudits which some on here are giving him is indeed a mystery.

Have to agree, what Green has done to earn the plaudits which some on here are giving him is indeed a mystery.

Exactly , the club would have landed in this position with Green there or not .

Then HMRC would be trying to punt the club to others like Smith and whoever else has been watching from the sidelines .

For some unknown reason Whyte just conveniently transferred his shares to this latest shyster out of the goodness in his heart .

The whole thing stinks but some on here just don't see or want to see it .

I am sure most fans would prefer Walter to be in charge but I have no problems whatsoever if Green was in charge. He's the only person who has delivered the goods when it mattered and ultimately saved us.

Ideal solution is for Walter, McColl and Parks to join up with Green and then we're laughing.

I am sure most fans would prefer Walter to be in charge but I have no problems whatsoever if Green was in charge. He's the only person who has delivered the goods when it mattered and ultimately saved us.

Ideal solution is for Walter, McColl and Parks to join up with Green and then we're laughing.

Can someone please tell me what Green saved us from ..........

Can someone please tell me what Green saved us from ..........

Craig Whyte still being in charge for one.

Offered the money that nobody else would and had a good - and the best - attempt at a CVA.

Where was McColl and co then?

Exactly , the club would have landed in this position with Green there or not .

Then HMRC would be trying to punt the club to others like Smith and whoever else has been watching from the sidelines .

We only know that with hindsight, how many expected HMRC to turn round and say "No to any CVA"? I don't agree though with Green saying the club would have been disbanded without him, TBK would have stepped in instead.

The best solution to me is Walter's consortium buys a controlling 51% of the club and Green and Co can sit on their 49% investment.

Offered the money that nobody else would and had a good - and the best - attempt at a CVA.

We are LIQUIDATED !

We are in exactly the same position we would be in if Whyte was still in charge the only difference being we have another leech going to make more millions from us for doing fuck all .

Liquidation removes Craig Whyte from the equation - so he didn't save us from that.

CVA would never have been agreed, and you don't know that Walter's consortium or someone else would not have just bought the assets after the company was liquidated.