Having trouble with the unwashed regards our history?

ace1

Will Rangers lose their history?

For the benefit of those who lack a proper education ie the great unwashed over at the San Giro, this has just been explained to me by a Financial Advisor who has worked in many different industries, including football, in financial takeovers, mergers & liquidations;

Rangers FC was founded 1872.

Rangers PLC was founded in 1899.

Rangers PLC during liquidation is treated as the parent (or holding) company (owner in laymans terms) of Rangers FC (1872)

Rangers PLC (1899) is now being forced to sell Rangers FC (1872) to the highest bidder.

As part of that sale includes the name (intellectual property rights), the company Rangers Football Group (Liberty Capital PLC) owned by Craig Whyte may be forced to find a new name, assuming they in turn are not liquidated due to investigations by BDO.

If no one had bought Rangers FC (1872) then it would of died along with Rangers PLC (1899) in the same way that Airdrieonians died because no one bought it.

Airdrie United are "Clydebank with a spray job." (His words, not mine in case any Airdrie fans are looking). Basically Airdrie Utd used Clydebanks Articles of Association & permits etc to play in the league. Since theyre not Airdrieonians or Clydebank they had to start their own history from scratch, althought if you look at Airdrie Utd's profile on SFA then it does state "Formerly known as Clydebank".

ACF Fiorentina are a good example of one of many clubs to enter administration, liquidate, then return as a newco. They actually ceased to exist for a good few months before they restarted as a whole new company. They played in a different stadium for a while and had different strips. Eventually, they bought the rights to their old strips/crest etc & now use the same as the oldco (Italian laws are different, so this won't happen to Rangers FC (1872) due to Intellectual Property Rights as mentioned before)

AC Fiorentina were liquidated in 2002 and later reformed as ACF Fiorentina a few months after. As stated before, they completely retained their history as can be seen in UEFA's own public records;

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=52817/profile/index.html

At the top right of the page it says AFC Fiorentina's biggest defeat was in 1984. Which was 18 years before AFC Fiorentina were created & actually refers to AC Fiorentina. Had they lost their history this wouldn't be mentioned.

Any questions? No? Good!

For the benefit of those who lack a proper education ie the great unwashed over at the San Giro, this has just been explained to me by a Financial Advisor who has worked in many different industries, including football, in financial takeovers, mergers & liquidations;

Rangers PLC during liquidation is treated as the parent (or holding) company (owner in laymans terms) of Rangers FC (1872)

Rangers PLC (1899) is now being forced to sell Rangers FC (1872) to the highest bidder.

As part of that sale includes the name (intellectual property rights), the company Rangers Football Group (Liberty Capital PLC) owned by Craig Whyte may be forced to find a new name, assuming they in turn are not liquidated due to investigations by BDO.

If no one had bought Rangers FC (1872) then it would of died along with Rangers PLC (1899) in the same way that Airdrieonians died because no one bought it.

Airdrie United are "Clydebank with a spray job." (His words, not mine in case any Airdrie fans are looking). Basically Airdrie Utd used Clydebanks Articles of Association & permits etc to play in the league. Since theyre not Airdrieonians or Clydebank they had to start their own history from scratch, althought if you look at Airdrie Utd's profile on SFA then it does state "Formerly known as Clydebank".

ACF Fiorentina are a good example of one of many clubs to enter administration, liquidate, then return as a newco. They actually ceased to exist for a good few months before they restarted as a whole new company. They played in a different stadium for a while and had different strips. Eventually, they bought the rights to their old strips/crest etc & now use the same as the oldco (Italian laws are different, so this won't happen to Rangers FC (1872) due to Intellectual Property Rights as mentioned before)

AC Fiorentina were liquidated in 2002 and later reformed as ACF Fiorentina a few months after. As stated before, they completely retained their history as can be seen in UEFA's own public records;

http://www.uefa.com/...file/index.html

At the top right of the page it says AFC Fiorentina's biggest defeat was in 1984. Which was 18 years before AFC Fiorentina were created & actually refers to AC Fiorentina. Had they lost their history this wouldn't be mentioned.

Any questions? No? Good!

The same as Celtic in 1994. I was arguing with a taig about that as he said the Rangers formed in 1872 no longer exists.

I replied the Celtic that was formed in 188 no longer exists either.

And he came back the parent company argument.

You can also mention that Hibs became homeless and ceased to exist in 1891 due to mismanagement and had to reform in 1892 and play at a new ground. They still maintain the history of the old club from 1875 to 1891 including the cup win in 1887.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.

Mismanagement over the next few years led to the club becoming homeless and it ceased operating during 1891.[9] A reformed club was established and they acquired a lease on a site in late 1892 that was to become known as Easter Road. Hibernian played its first match at Easter Road on 4 February 1893.[22] Despite this interruption, the club today views the period since 1875 as one continued history and therefore counts the honours won between 1875 and 1891, including the 1887 Scottish Cup.[23][24] The club were admitted to the Scottish Football League in 1893, although they had to win the Second Division twice before being elected into the First Division in 1895.[9]

Useful info to have, as much as I tend to agree that I don't care about the filth's opinions, you just know this will get the standard treatment of tell a lie often enough...

Also note the words UEFA use "following bankruptcy. The only player to remain at the club in its new incarnation". Clearly distinguishing the company from the club in terms of it's history!

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=52817/profile/index.html

Any questions? No? Good!

It's been a while, but I've found that saying: "I don't take lessons on anything from a club that harboured paedophiles" tends to end a conversation.

Yep Youth Development took on a new slant at the KnewCamp.

I really don't understand how people can't clearly distinguish between a CLUB whcih was formed in 1872 and a COMPANY formed in 1899. Yes they are connected but the company and the club are not the same

I don't understand how people can swallow the "club is dead" argument. I would also like to see someone from Rangers come out and take the media to task for their false reporting and scaremongering on this issue over the past few days.

Excellent, I'll bookmark that one. When I noticed that Rangers(1899) had taken on the trophy record of Rangers(1872) even though it did not exist before 1899, it was obvious this was just another transfer of assets. The important thing was to initiate a seamless transfer between oldco/newco this week.

Shuggy

The fact that we are trying and going to retain our glorious history is something the taigs don't understand.

The reason for that is that there is quite a lot in their history that they are trying to forget.

A wee message to the tims is this.

We will never let you or anyone else take away our history and to that end.

We will do the same for you and make sure everyone knows about yours.

Fairs fair :rolleyes:

I don't understand how people can swallow the "club is dead" argument. I would also like to see someone from Rangers come out and take the media to task for their false reporting and scaremongering on this issue over the past few days.

Agree, I'd like the club to beat down this shite soon as.

Alas I fear not soon enough to save me from a weekend in the gaol if I hear it in the pub the night its really getting my goat the brainless fuckwits.