McColl to officially submit bid

Gaz92

I really dont know how you guys still have it in you to argue amongst yourselfs about what people did and didnt do.

My balls feel like they been booted about 100 times in succesion and i just dont have the arguments left in me. Im more concerned about where we go from here.

Mind yer ain business or al make it 101...............................

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they wouldnt be stopped but having former directors involved in a Newco situation is one of the flags used by HMRC to investigate if yheres too close a link to the old co and a chance to get more money.

That is complete and utter bollocks - a Newco is just that - a newco - bugger all to do with the oldco (except for buying its assets) - all that can be investigated is the conduct of the directors in the oldco situation and there fitness to be directors - but there is NOTHING they can do to recover more money after a newco has bought those asets other than that.

Yes what did he do? Apart from maybe make tea for Master Murray and poodle Bain. His involvment with the ex board who will now be investigated by HMRC and quite possibly have to have their days in court to awnser for whatever went on at boardroom level, is enough to say he should not be connected in any way with the club going forward. That includes chancers like Dave King and AJ too

Alastair Johnston was the chairman at that time. Under their stewardship the debt was reduced by roughly £15m. It was reduced to a manageable level.

You are aware Paul Murray was not on the board when the EBT scheme was administered?

Any responsibility would lie with David Murray and his advisors, if there was any wrong doing regarding EBT's. The rest of the responsibility would lie with Craig Whyte for failing to pay PAYE. If the tax authorities are going after anyone it'll be those guys.

Alastair Johnston was the chairman at that time. Under their stewardship the debt was reduced by roughly £15m. It was reduced to a manageable level.

You are aware Paul Murray was not on the board when the EBT scheme was administered?

Any responsibility would lie with David Murray and his advisors, if there was any wrong doing regarding EBT's. The rest of the responsibility would lie with Craig Whyte for failing to pay PAYE. If the tax authorities are going after anyone it'll be those guys.

It was said that the EBTs started in 2001 and continued until 2011 something which if true, and i hope it isnt, would then include Paul Murrays time on the board, you didnt awnser my question though, what did mini do at Rangers? He didnt reduce the debt, that was done by Lloyds bank and if anything was slightly obscured by the continuing succsess on the pitch due to Walter. Paul Murray may or may not have had any knowledge of the EBTs, he may or may not have done anything that HMRC would want to investigate, but if he was involved with another takeover, and then HMRC did come calling that would be a problem for the club as well as an embarresment. As far as i can ser, he has nothing that would make him desirable to have back at the club, and the risk simply isnt worth taking.

Sounds like you have a gun you may enjoy slinging. :beer1:

Perhaps he has attended a course on 'social engineering' and is using this tactic to fool us :rolleyes:

:lol: i was thinking something like this a few days ago. As a man who has his fingers in many Rangers forum pies and is well known for his unothadox views, maybe his writing style was delibrate so that he could come back when he enevitably got banned, then change it so people wouldnt reconise him. The lack of capital letters and short sharp posts all makes sence now. :lol: