East Kilbride man hands Bomber season ticket money

TOM HOBBS has banked on Rangers all of his life — but he won’t be giving them another penny.

Not until the Charles Green regime is ousted and John Brown has helped fan power to mould a new era at crisis-torn Ibrox.

Yesterday morning in the living-room of his East Kilbride flat, 82-year-old Gers diehard Tom became the first fan to hand Bomber his season-ticket renewal and the cash to start the fund to put the supporters in charge of their club’s destiny.

Brown’s quest has gathered huge momentum since SunSport broke the story on Tuesday that the nine-in-a-row legend was leading calls for fans to snub Green’s newco Rangers.

Now as Bomber prepares to make the next moves Tom hopes his gesture opens a floodgate.

He said: “I realise there is a leap of faith in pledging the season-ticket money to John but I have total trust in him.

“I have willingly given John my season-ticket renewal letter and my cash because I know he will do right by me.

“He summed up what being a Rangers player is all about.

“The truest saying out is you can take the man out Rangers but you can’t take Rangers out the man.”

Brown was humbled by the gesture and he stressed: “It is for guys like Tom that I want to make this happen.

“I’ve seen the hurt felt by true fans at what has happened at our club and that’s why I walked out.

“There has been enough lies and hidden agendas, enough people trying to make a buck out of Rangers. It’s time for fans to take control.”

Pensioner Tom never thought he would live to see the day he held money back from Rangers.

Now he sees it as the ONLY way to give the club back to people who have its best interests at heart.

Hobbs’ son Neil, a successful businessman in America, has been a close friend of boss Ally McCoist from childhood.

And Tom sighed: “I look at Alistair and he looks like he has aged, all of this has taken a lot out him.

“That boy deserves better than this, he did his apprenticeship under Walter Smith.

“The character he has shown shows the man that he is.

“I sincerely hope that every fan gets behind John now, I believe it is all or nothing.

“This is our last chance, if Bomber doesn’t succeed then they should just shut the doors.”

Tom firmly believes Bomber is the right man in the right place at the right time.

And he said: “I first went to see the Rangers 75 years ago, I grew up watching people like Jock ‘Tiger’ Shaw.

“A man needs something special inside to play for Rangers and care for Rangers, and John has that.

“The biggest crime here is the loss of 140 years of history.

“We have to make new history now.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4400806/Tom-first-to-stump-up-money.html#ixzz1z8QGh9mz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Brown is as threatening to kill Rangers not because he want's to destroy us or to make money but because he is too fucking thick and lacking in brain cells and the simple minded retards who live in their own goldfish bubble are going along with him.

The fans are now killing Rangers.

Pure propaganda from JB, a joke using an old fella like this. Not to mention the fact the old boy hasn't really grasped our situation at all if he thinks we've lost our history.

Maybe before you took his season book cash off him you should have sat him down and explained our situation in detail rather than get the sun on the phone.

I cannot believe anyone is in their right mind if they hand john brown a wad of cash in return for .....fuck knows what, he has not given us more than the brief mumblings of a plan of fan ownership.

I think its shameful, we don't need to be connected to stories like this, it doesnt even need any spin to look bad and it's hardly professional. Not really the way i'd expect a serious bid to be conducted.