Killie Statement

Shane

Social media has dictated the voting of the diddy fans

People are easily led on the Internet and whoever campaigns the hardest gets the sheep to follow them

This

It's a fact of life that the vast use of the Internet and mobile communications has led to "the tail wagging the dog"

Any nut can start a campaign online and their veiws can be read by millions these days

Didn't see this up. Sorry if it is already.

Do I see the groundwork for legal proceedings against other chairmen there?

coming from killie i got a snippet of this yesterday of a mate

who works at rugby park.basically under the s.f.a fit and proper

rules owners and chairmen have to do what is best for the club

and buisness.voting Rangers out could come back to haunt these

clowns as they may be prosecuted by these failings ha. :sherlock::beer1:

Killie were formed in 1865.

I admire Johnston because back in May 2011 he sold us away end tickets against his absent supporters wishes.FFS if they objected to us buying East Stand tickets,why didn't they buy the tickets themselves?

Not much was said when he gave the alter bhoys 3 stands last May.

Ok,he mentions about winning the League Cup against Bitter Lemmon's mob,but how many of his loyal Killie followers were there? Only 11,000 ,yes that's all. They took a lot more for the semi-final against Ayr United.

Last season I think their average petty crowd ( less us and the tims) was about 4000.

Met a so called great killie supporter last Sat night and I asked him "what stand is your ST for?" His reply was "I don't have a season ticket,ye ken."

You are all missing the most interesting part of this statement. Part of the clamour of the current crazy climate, a false one I believe, is that all fans were OVERWELMINGLY against Rangers newco being admitted to the SPL. He notes that this was the tone of the 150 who turned up to a supporters meeting, BUT when he canvassed around 2,500 shareholders only 36% would have said "no" to a newco.

This makes me wonder, something which I have for quite a while, whether we are being ruled by the cries of the vocal MINORITY who are against us, when in fact most sensible clear thinking fans are not like this at all. I wonder if these consultation processes which have taken place at other clubs would really stand up to scrutiny. I believe what he is actually saying here is that the position of other SPL clubs fundamentally lacked credibility and authority, and that his fiduciary duty as a director was to listen to all shareholders not just the vocal few filled with blood-list and vengeance. I am reminded of edmund burke's famous expression in his Reflections on the Revolution in France:

"Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field; that of course they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little shrivelled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome insects of the hour."

Astute post. (tu)

Thew fella swally and footygeek are spot on with their assumptions here....

all of the footy forums (who I daily annoy 'them' on) are rife with wee thick catholic bitches with little or NO knowledge about football (I test em, so I know) and are just bigoted with little knowledge about anything football or beyond.THESE are the oine's who are swaying Football Club Chairmen....

makes ya wonder about the WHOLE OF THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SET-UP.... WHEN the Club's Chairmen ARE so easily led ?

I do so HOPE that we can Get Division 3...... these twats deserve ALL that is coming to them !

I now hope a good number of them go under.

Failing this.... can we make SURE... When we get back into the top tier... we DO INDEED Boycott the swines ?

You are all missing the most interesting part of this statement. Part of the clamour of the current crazy climate, a false one I believe, is that all fans were OVERWELMINGLY against Rangers newco being admitted to the SPL. He notes that this was the tone of the 150 who turned up to a supporters meeting, BUT when he canvassed around 2,500 shareholders only 36% would have said "no" to a newco.

This makes me wonder, something which I have for quite a while, whether we are being ruled by the cries of the vocal MINORITY who are against us, when in fact most sensible clear thinking fans are not like this at all. I wonder if these consultation processes which have taken place at other clubs would really stand up to scrutiny. I believe what he is actually saying here is that the position of other SPL clubs fundamentally lacked credibility and authority, and that his fiduciary duty as a director was to listen to all shareholders not just the vocal few filled with blood-list and vengeance. I am reminded of edmund burke's famous expression in his Reflections on the Revolution in France:

"Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field; that of course they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little shrivelled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome insects of the hour."

Actually it was only 36% of shareholders and all season ticket holders over 18. Only a small vocal group of supporters at a meeting were very anti-Rangers.

Tend to agree with this. I think if you asked most supporters of other teams (probably with the exception of Celtic fans, who are basically devoid of reason) you might find some majorities for wanting us relegated, but the extreme nonsense you read - about actually wanting us to be driven out of existence entirely - is the sort of thing only a small number of idiots subscribe to.

As ever in these cases it's always the most strident fans who carry the day the vast majority of them were probably in 2 minds about what should happened to us but were dragged along by the zealots.

Look at Motherwell for example a huge percentage of their fans voted No but actually it was a huge percentage of a few hundred so the actual number was very small <cr>

If only we could but it will never happen, they can probably make up a rule that would protect them.

It's not the SPL or SFA that would be dealing with them. It's Companies House. They can't hide. Their Limited Liability status only applies if they stick to the Companies Act. Otherwise their veil of Incorporation is lifted and creditors can go after the Directors personally. Should any of these clubs go into Administration because Sky withdrawing their money (something the KNEW could happen) then that decision will come back to haunt them on a personal basis.

I think it takes balls to release this in the open,I now feel sorry gettin Killie in the first to admin sweep. He's gonna get slaughtered by bheasts and other diddys, fair play to him as he was only one in that room to stand alone. Expect joe o'boke to confirm gangerine brigade boycott tommorow. Oh and seemingly the sheep are now starting a "h**ns don't want 3rd div for integrity,they want to harm other clubs" good!! Wouldn't want any misunderstanding.

Might have had some tiny bit of sympathy for Killie as they were the only club i feel who did not want to vote no, but after reading that statement and the snidy wee digs about newco this and newco that, frankly they deserve everything that is coming to them.

They will start losing money from day one, rather than 5000 or so Rangers fans turning up for the first game they'll get about 500 or 600 Dundee fans. If the Sky payment is not made on the 6th of August Killie wont last much longer.

A lot of cva's are going to be turned down in the next year or so then we'll see if wee foolish clubs like newco kilmarnock still think it's funny......

Might have had some tiny bit of sympathy for Killie as they were the only club i feel who did not want to vote no, but after reading that statement and the snidy wee digs about newco this and newco that, frankly they deserve everything that is coming to them.

They will start losing money from day one, rather than 5000 or so Rangers fans turning up for the first game they'll get about 500 or 600 Dundee fans. If the Sky payment is not made on the 6th of August Killie wont last much longer.

A lot of cva's are going to be turned down in the next year or so then we'll see if wee foolish clubs like newco kilmarnock still think it's funny......

The club and town will take a hit (not just Kilmarnock) they will be

minus 5000 ticket sales @ £25 ish

minus 4000 pies/cokes/burgers whatever

minus 3000 programmes

pubs/cafes/off licenses,buses,cabs,car parking, corner shops - anyone who usually makes money when a large crowd comes to town will take a heavy hit.

Add that little lot up and it comes to a tidy sum out the economy, even from our end the companies who run the coaches wont be required to transport as many fans as grounds will be much smaller.

All in all the big picture has been completley ignored in the name of the now famous " sporting integrity"