Killie Statement

Shane

BREAKING NEWS:

KILMARNOCK STATEMENT:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

Consultation result: 36% in favour of "NO" to "Newco"

In recent weeks I have taken all appropriate soundings, having canvassed the views of all shareholders and all season ticket holders aged 18 or over. I also attended the meeting organised by the Supporters' Association and the Supporters' Trust when I shared a fair amount of commercially sensitive information with those present and answered a number of questions from the audience

The result of the consultation process (36% of all shareholders and all season ticket holders aged 18 or over in favour of "NO" to "Newco") was far removed from the mood of the supporters' meeting but of course involved almost 2,500 shareholders and adult season ticket holders, as opposed to the 150 or thereby at the meeting.

As everyone now knows, the SPL clubs voted by 10 - 1, with Kilmarnock abstaining, to reject Rangers "Newco" application to join the SPL.

I elected to abstain in order to reflect the result of the consultation process and in recognition of a number of other factors, not least of which was Section 172 of the Companies Act concerning my fiduciary duty as a Director to act in the long terminterests of The Kilmarnock Football Club Limited and to ensure its success as a business.

I also believe that the plan to parachute Rangers "Newco" into SFL1 is highly controversial and wished to register my concern about the timing of the SPL vote and the resultant pressure now placed on the SFL clubs to accommodate "Newco" in SFL1 when they vote on the issue on 13th July. If the SPL can't function in its present form without four "Old Firm" derbies, then the SPL should have come up with a solution rather than passing the buck to the SFL.

In the course of the SPL General Meeting, prior to the vote, it became evident that a number of clubs which had previously been ambivalent about how they would vote were leaning towards "no" to "Newco" and the result of the vote was a foregone conclusion before it was taken. My abstention was therefore symbolic and was never going to influence the outcome.

I'd like to thank all of our supporters who have shared their views on this issue with the club through the various consultation processes undertaken. It is now of utmost importance that all Kilmarnock supporters focus on helping the Club to maximise season ticket and sponsorship revenues in order to mitigate the financial consequences of the exclusion of "Newco" from the SPL. These can be overcome but only if we put the "Newco" debate firmly behind us and unite in support of Kenny and the team.

The current situation is not of our making and the bond which exists between the Club, its supporters and the town will see us overcome this crisis. Scotlands oldest professional football club is at the heart of our community and the "Killie effect" was demonstrated to all when we lifted the League Cup for the first time in our history in March.

Please buy a season ticket if you have not already done so and encourage your friends and family to do the same. I look forward to welcoming you to Rugby Park on 4th August when we take on "Club 12".

Michael Johnston, Chairman

Didn't see this up. Sorry if it is already.

Do I see the groundwork for legal proceedings against other chairmen there?

It was no real surprise that they didn't vote. They are fast approaching administration themselves, and need an additional 1000 ST sales to compensate for the loss of our traveling fans.

Also, I think this is stoking the increasing pressure on Doncaster & Regan. Can only be a good thing imo.

That last sentence sounded desperate as fuck as well!! :D

Myself and a colleague, who are both directors, were discussing the point Brown raises about hie legal duty to maximise shareholder's earnings and that all Chairmen who voted No could be accused of not meeting this legal requirment and could leave themselves open to a challenge from their shareholders. Probably wont happen but if they had put the financial stability of their clubs to the fore they would have had no option to vote yes.

Didn't see this up. Sorry if it is already.

Do I see the groundwork for legal proceedings against other chairmen there?

Yes you do. And there's that word again. Unite. Lets show them how we do Unite. RangersUnite.

The guy spoke as if old school and his message is a decent one as well.

He could have said no just as all others.... had all others taken this fella's stance..... ?

Anyway he has to look after his own Club.... so his last bit is fine..... AND he didn't stick the boot into us like the rest.... he's good in my eyes.

Sometimes it is a good thing to look between the lines.

' If the SPL can't function in its present form without four "Old Firm" derbies, then the SPL should have come up with a solution rather than passing the buck to the SFL.'

He even Helps stick the boot in ... though it IS kinda 'veiled'.

No Rangers fans' monies and that league is messed-up Big time.

I do so Hope we put in for Division 3..... before the spl clout trys summit new like the spl2 crap.

I went on about the fiduciary duties thing a week or so ago when there was a sports lawyer on radio Scotland who was saying that what the chairmen were doing was contrary to company law and therefore under the companies act illegal.He also said that nowhere in the companies act was there reference to outside factors such as sporting integrity being allowed to influence your decisions, the act is clear in that your duty is to maximise the returns for your shareholders ,not shoot yourself in the foot and hamstring your company.

You are all missing the most interesting part of this statement. Part of the clamour of the current crazy climate, a false one I believe, is that all fans were OVERWELMINGLY against Rangers newco being admitted to the SPL. He notes that this was the tone of the 150 who turned up to a supporters meeting, BUT when he canvassed around 2,500 shareholders only 36% would have said "no" to a newco.

This makes me wonder, something which I have for quite a while, whether we are being ruled by the cries of the vocal MINORITY who are against us, when in fact most sensible clear thinking fans are not like this at all. I wonder if these consultation processes which have taken place at other clubs would really stand up to scrutiny. I believe what he is actually saying here is that the position of other SPL clubs fundamentally lacked credibility and authority, and that his fiduciary duty as a director was to listen to all shareholders not just the vocal few filled with blood-list and vengeance. I am reminded of edmund burke's famous expression in his Reflections on the Revolution in France:

"Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field; that of course they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little shrivelled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome insects of the hour."

You are all missing the most interesting part of this statement. Part of the clamour of the current crazy climate, a false one I believe, is that all fans were OVERWELMINGLY against Rangers newco being admitted to the SPL. He notes that this was the tone of the 150 who turned up to a supporters meeting, BUT when he canvassed around 2,500 shareholders only 36% would have said "no" to a newco.

This makes me wonder, something which I have for quite a while, whether we are being ruled by the cries of the vocal MINORITY who are against us, when in fact most sensible clear thinking fans are not like this at all. I wonder if these consultation processes which have taken place at other clubs would really stand up to scrutiny. I believe what he is actually saying here is that the position of other SPL clubs fundamentally lacked credibility and authority, and that his fiduciary duty as a director was to listen to all shareholders not just the vocal few filled with blood-list and vengeance. I am reminded of edmund burke's famous expression in his Reflections on the Revolution in France:

"Because half-a-dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field; that of course they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little shrivelled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome insects of the hour."

Social media has dictated the voting of the diddy fans

People are easily led on the Internet and whoever campaigns the hardest gets the sheep to follow them