*Rumour* SFL Reconstruction, Division 3 to be scrapped

JimmyCR1

It will happen if the sfl clubs cut there nose off to spite there face on Wednesday.

It will definitely happen next close season if they don't ....not much of an exclusive to be fair... (tu)

I know mate, nothing major, never said it was. Just some info :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a "story" yesterday about a sky engineer telling a bear who cancelled sky sports that he shouldnt cos we would be playing in a 16 team spl this coming season!! proof? were seemingly still in the advert for spl.

seems too late,unless they wait till august when all the teams are out of Europe.

I have heard that there is going to be two leagues of 20 set up for next season, cant see it though.

Everton sounds a stick on for the top 10 club as has been said im sure there was talk of that happening when Jelavic left.

I have heard that there is going to be two leagues of 20 set up for next season, cant see it though.

Everton sounds a stick on for the top 10 club as has been said im sure there was talk of that happening when Jelavic left.

Naismith would be as well not to bother turning up if it was at Ibrox.

He'd be hounded out.

is there not 42 teams though?

if it is changed i can see it being 12 - 16 - 14

League reconstruction is long overdue imo, I agree with SkiBunny, playing teams up to four times a season is boring.

I don't doubt your source is credible and that its being discussed, I just can't see it being set up in time for this season.

I'd love for scottish football to do away with playing teams four times a season. Once home and away is what football is all about, every game is a unique occassion and only having a club visit your own ground once a season increases the interest.

However, as far as I understood it it's far too late in the day for a restructuring in time for 2012/13.

ps. I'd also love to scrap the league cup and create a bigger buzz around the scottish cup. (football has become diluted imo as we play each other far to often.)

Cheers.

Agree.

On one point though, the League Cup would be better played in the first half of the season, with the final in November/ October as it used to be done.

You can hardly keep track when all three competitions are merging and being played a week apart.

League Cup first half, Scottish Cup second half.

I'd rather it be 16 - 14 - 12.

Fed up with 4 games against Inverness a season :(

aye mate your right, i said 12 - 16 - 14 cause i couldnt see the spl opening up but i think its got to the stage even they will realise something has to change

i might be wrong but i think the portuguese top division has 16 teams, 30 games a season would be make it more exciting, less meaningless games in my opinion

Naismith would be as well not to bother turning up if it was at Ibrox.He'd be hounded out.

It would give a friendly a bit of an atmosphere :lol:

is there not 42 teams though?if it is changed i can see it being 12 - 16 - 14

True i completely missed that fact :blush: personally i would prefer divisions of 18-24 but cant see them giving up on the playing each other 4 times a season.

There will be NO third division in Scotland this coming season, league reconstruction will go ahead. We will be playing a top 10 English team and a team that is a regular in the UCL during pre season. Not my words, came from someone high up.

I am more than happy to PM admin my source.

Like on top of a mountain?