Everton

Right, so Everton seem to be going after most of our 'best players', if they get McCabe that's 3.

Jelavic has been a smash hit, like most of us knew he would, and although we're hurt he isn't with us anymore we are all happy to see him do well.

But I'm confused as to wether I want the other 2 to do well. I'm absolutely sickened by Naismith, and very dissapointed by McCabe, but there's a small part of me that knows I'll want them to do well when I'm watching them next year. I don't know wether its to prove that our team could make it in the EPL or something, or just to see an ex Ranger doing well.

But no-one has ever turned their back on us before in such a way, so I don't know how I'll feel.

So my question is, Everton seem to be building a good young team this season with Coleman, Rodwell, Barkley, McCabe, Naismith and King Jela so do you want them to do well, or fail miserabley for vulturing our best players away?

I want them to do well, but not for their sake. I want to prove that the standard of player we have/had is much higher than we are given credit for.

Good point, I hate how when we had Jelavic the English were like "he's only good in the spl, wouldn't make the prem" etc, then six months later the same people are jizzing over him and forget where he came from.

The standard in Scotland doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of all players in our leagues.

I think McCabe will turn out to be an excellent player, plays with both feet with accuracy, good engine, not feart to take the ball... Don't think he'll start in the next year or so but IMO will eventually evolve into a top player. Same with Ness.

Suppose everything goes in cycles we took advantage of their lack of European football years ago to sign Steven and Stevens

I remember as an Evertonian being devastated when that was happening .

I can understand people being totally pissed off with everton but at least 5 of us have been up at least once a season to watch Rangers. That have always been connections between both Glasgow clubs (sad that anyone would associate with those rats ) and people from the city of Liverpool. Plenty of connections on the park between everton and rangers as well , let's hope we both have a good season (god knows you deserve something to get behind) and I've certainly been welcomed on here .

Always had a soft spot for Everton [can't explain why] hope they do well ,but I'd be very happy if Naismith were to suffer a career ending knee injury and watch him skulk back to Scotland to see him hounded wherever he went, McCabe, not really interested ,he is a terrific prospect though, still hope that they get tied up in enough red tape that they get no playing time for a long time.

I have no problems with Everton at all. If Naisy makes a good recovery from injury then he'll do well for them, why wouldn't they take that chance? You look after number 1 in football. Our situation isn't their problem.