Building a team

Jalapeno

Unless there is another twist, we're in the third division and Ally has to pretty much build a team from scratch. Where should he be looking to make certain we progress through the divisions? I assume we can pay the wages of some older pros, so where does Ally find them and how does he make sure the young players are of good enough quality to make sure of promotion? I genuinely can't think of many names.

I would also hope Hutton and perry stays along with the majority of the youth players.

Think for signing players a cap on wages of about 1k-1.5k a week should be in place think these wages sustainable and should attract a good calibre of player for progression through the leagues.

Well Gretna bought lower end SPL veterans and the best first division players and came up in straight seasons, I'm fairly sure we can manage at least the same eh? We will be able to match most SPL teams wages I would think and of course the attraction of our magnificent club should help. What's Kenny Deuchar up to these days? Goal machine in the lower leagues.

Well Gretna bought lower end SPL veterans and the best first division players and came up in straight seasons, I'm fairly sure we can manage at least the same eh? We will be able to match most SPL teams wages I would think and of course the attraction of our magnificent club should help. What's Kenny Deuchar up to these days? Goal machine in the lower leagues.

Retired. Thank fuck. He was murder as a 16 year old at my old club Aberforth Rangers(amateur) and not got much better since.

He spent the last 6 months at my local team Stenhousrmuir, and I go to a lot of their games, and he was a man short.

Davie Irons who quit this week, used to move the best centre forward in the team, Andy Rodgers, to right midfield to accommodate Deauchar, and he couldn't trap a bag of cement, or hit a barn door if he was holding on to the handle.

Good riddance, stick to being a doctor, even then yer lazy. ( ma wife worked with him)

I really hope we dont go down the route of buying experienced div 1/2/3 players.

Now that the pressure of constantly trying to win the SPL is off we should be trying to blood as many young players as possible.

We should only sign players under 23, bring in scouts and coaches and try and teach the kids a better way of playing than the Scottish "hoof it up the park" style.

I don't have a clue who to sign for the 3rd. Don't have a great knowledge of which players there are or wether available. I think we'll need a couple of journeymen who know the 3rd and have been successful in it.

I don't have a clue who to sign for the 3rd. Don't have a great knowledge of which players there are or wether available. I think we'll need a couple of journeymen who know the 3rd and have been successful in it.

I watched a few 3rd division games last season. Players with 3rd division experience is not really needed. Average 1st dívision boys that can play football will stroll it. Alloa signed some morton boys and young spl players on loan and walked it playing good football for that level.

Maybe ally contacting hartley for advice would be a decent idea. He knew bugger all about lower league football last year.