Shove It! Green No To SPL U-turn.

dan_ger

RANGERS will SNUB the SPL if panic-stricken chiefs offer them a dramatic return to the top flight.

SunSport can reveal senior Ibrox figures are against a desperate last-ditch move to re-admit them to a league on the brink of financial meltdown.

Owner Charles Green will have the final say in a row that's tearing Scottish football apart.

An Ibrox source said: "Mr Green will ultimately make any final decision but he is keen to listen to the fans who want the club to start with a clean slate in Division Three. That's where we want to go."

With several top-flight clubs nearing administration, panic has set in.

It's understood as many as FIVE are now considering allowing newco Gers into the top-flight.

The possibility of a sensational U-turn by bosses who emphatically voted 'No' to newco Rangers on July 4 WILL be discussed at the SPL's AGM at Hampden today.

But Gers would be opposed to any late deals, with many inside Ibrox keen to start again at the bottom.

Meanwhile, Inverness and Aberdeen last night joined Hearts and Dundee United by insisting they will NOT vote to let Gers back in.

Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron said: "We are one of the few clubs with no bank debt, so our position is very far from threatening.

"We continue to hold the position that not allowing 'newco' Rangers into the SPL is the correct decision.

If this is confirmed - very bold move from Green! Or is it some sort of propaganda?

What will those that say he is ONLY interested in the money have to say about this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest we are still over a barrell here because we dont still have our sfa liesence to play, would be surprised if they blackmail us in to acceptin the spl to play football

Before I would have agreed with you but we hold the cards here. If they do try and blackmail us all we do is expose them. More bullying and blackmail scandals is the last thing they need. Its only a matter of time before ND & SR are out of a job and 5 clubs are down the swanny not before a scottish season postponement!

It's not in Greens interest as a business man not to have us in the SPL.

The SPL is about to collapse on itself. Without possible entry to European football Green has very little to gain from the SPL.

They need us far more than we need them right now. The proposed sanctions would hamstring us and there would be a considerable further fallout and damage to the clubs reputation.

The SPL is about to collapse on itself. Without possible entry to European football Green has very little to gain from the SPL.

They need us far more than we need them right now. The proposed sanctions would hamstring us and there would be a considerable further fallout and damage to the clubs reputation.

We have no Euro football for three years irrespective of sanctions - we need three years accounts, which we don't have.

D3 for me. Overhaul the club, base it on Ajax or Bayern and watch the rest implode.

if we refused, they could run the SPL with 11 clubs.

That would mean there would be no vacancy in Division 3

what would we do then ?

what would we do then ?

England, but I'd dare them to try that.

what would we do then ?

If that were to happen there would be three clubs taking the SPL and SFA to court. It has become very real to them that Scottish football needs The Rangers. Not allowing Rangers into the league system at all would be incredibly stupid. If that happened after the SFL invited us to join then it would a form of twisted spiteful suicide from the SPL.

It's not in Greens interest as a business man not to have us in the SPL.

Agreed.

For all the gambling analogies I reckon Green is sitting in a high-stakes poker game and has a 'royal flush'.

The SPL is screwed without Rangers. Five clubs are on the brink. That's over 40% of the league.

Remembering that the SPL is I believe a limited company the loss of five clubs would probably see the SPL in administration.

So Charles I have a suggestion:

1) copy your counterparts and ask the fans what we want

2) if it's the SPL. to save Scottish football, then NO SANCTIONS

And remember you're holding a Royal Flush - don't flush it down the pan.

We have no Euro football for three years irrespective of sanctions - we need three years accounts, which we don't have.

D3 for me. Overhaul the club, base it on Ajax or Bayern and watch the rest implode.

Completely agree. 00000042.gif

The jig is up for the SPL, if we were let back in the game would be fucked. We would be boycotting away games. Other supporters boycotting their own teams.

If Charles Green has some sort of mystic ball, I hope he sees that SFL3 is the best place for us to be!