Cycling Thread

Have a look at this footage from the vuelta. Bike doping accusations surfacing.

Certainly looks strange but I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uGFYHzHJM

It looks super weird but I guess it's just rolling down the hill?

I think bike doping is a myth. How stupid would you have to be to risk it? They check them.

Vuelta started 2 weeks too early for Froome

It's funny, if Contador hadn't made it to the Vuelta, this would be looking like an incredible comeback from Froome. They both looked very strong today.

I wish Quintana was still around so we could see just how strong Contador is.

It's funny, if Contador hadn't made it to the Vuelta, this would be looking like an incredible comeback from Froome. They both looked very strong today.

I wish Quintana was still around so we could see just how strong Contador is.

I wish Quintana, Contador and Froome were all there and fighting fit at the TdF. Nibali would have been smashed to pieces

Going back to today, I think that Contador and Froome are the 2 strongest jn the field. Watching today's stage the commentators were saying they hadn't seen them fight since stage 2 of the Dauphine. Bloody gutted that the final stage is only a 10k TT. Longer flatter one would have made it much more interesting

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't catch it. Was Tony Martin in good form? Extremely impressive win either way, but especially if Martin was riding well.

Was pretty tight right up until last checkpoint and the Wiggins stretched away. He looked okay but maybe was feeling a bit in his legs after a very long season! Men's road race should be a cracker

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's about time the cycling community stopped pretending anything has changed :lol:

Why would anyone think a team run by Vinokourov would NOT be doping? He didn't change when he came back from his ban. He bribed another rider into letting him win Liege-Bastogne-Liege for a start.

Incidentally, Oleg Tinkov has offered Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana 1 Million euros if they ride all three grand tours next year. Which is sure to promote clean riding :lol:

I think it's about time the cycling community stopped pretending anything has changed :lol:

Why would anyone think a team run by Vinokourov would NOT be doping? He didn't change when he came back from his ban. He bribed another rider into letting him win Liege-Bastogne-Liege for a start.

Incidentally, Oleg Tinkov has offered Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana 1 Million euros if they ride all three grand tours next year. Which is sure to promote clean riding :lol:

I bloody love the idea of them all riding the 3 grand tours!

I also suspect Nibali is knee high in banned substances and look forward to him getting busted

I bloody love the idea of them all riding the 3 grand tours!

I also suspect Nibali is knee high in banned substances and look forward to him getting busted

Isn't Adam Hansen on about 10 straight tours in a row now? That's just absurd. How could anybody's body hack that? And it's not like he wins a lot to make up for it :lol: Drugs or no drugs, the life of a domestique is a noble one.

Isn't Adam Hansen on about 10 straight tours in a row now? That's just absurd. How could anybody's body hack that? And it's not like he wins a lot to make up for it :lol: Drugs or no drugs, the life of a domestique is a noble one.

Yeah! Just checked that up, since the 2011 Vuelta he has competed in every grand tour and has improved in nearly every one! Goes to show it can be done, I say bring on the challenge! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/12/news/nibali-stuck-astana-fails-receive-license_355081

On the one hand, Nibali hasn't been caught doing anything wrong and this is kind of a shitty situation for the defending Tour champion to be in. On the other, he's almost certainly doped up to his eyeballs and should have had the sense to find a new team as soon as the second Iglinsky brother was caught. Doesn't look good.

Would be hilarious if Sky took him.