Cycling Thread

Sky are clueless if they thought Porte was capable of performing well after the way he was torn to shreds last year

To be fair to Porte - had Froome still been there that would have been a great ride today.(tu)

Poorest TdF for a while. Absolutely convinced Nibali is on the juice

I'm enjoying it, attacks all over the shop today.

Nibali did look a bit too comfortable, although think I'm just looking for it now. :D

I'm enjoying it too. The last five ks of today's stage were great. So many different races going on at the same time.

Peraud and Bardet is an interesting little intra-team battle. You would have thought Peraud would have been riding with Bardet to help him gain time on Valverde but he fancied a stage win instead.

As for Nibali, it's hard to say how strong he is with the field so depleted but in terms of his dominance of the race he is making it look dodgy even if it isn't. He's gaining time in every single stage. And three stage wins already after only two weeks. He would clearly have won today if he had gone earlier too.

I'm enjoying it, attacks all over the shop today.

Nibali did look a bit too comfortable, although think I'm just looking for it now. :D

He attacked about 3km out and thought he was going for stage win then had a think about it... then sat back down again. Definitely something going on there! You don't have a mediocre season then wipe the floor at the TdF. Maybe you're right though and we are just looking for it

He attacked about 3km out and thought he was going for stage win then had a think about it... then sat back down again. Definitely something going on there! You don't have a mediocre season then wipe the floor at the TdF. Maybe you're right though and we are just looking for it

He was getting dropped by youngsters every day at the Dauphine. Wilco Kelderman and Romain Bardet beat him in the GC. He certainly has peaked at the right time.

Interesting interview with a Wiggins earlier on tonight. Talking as if he wasn't interested too much in the grand tours as it would hinder him in his track cycling. I thought he was only interested in the track because sky dropped him.

He is like mark cavensish at the moment - (massive chip on his shoulder )

Interesting interview with a Wiggins earlier on tonight. Talking as if he wasn't interested too much in the grand tours as it would hinder him in his track cycling. I thought he was only interested in the track because sky dropped him.

He talks a lot of shite. He was also complaining about fame. I seem to remember him accepting a knighthood and hobnobbing with Bono at the GQ style awards, which is not the best way to avoid the press and the public, to be honest.

Top job, Kittel (tu)

Have really enjoyed it this year, wonder if Nibali would have had enough to win if Froome and Contador had stayed in? Pretty good performance by Astana all round.

Roll on the Vuelta!

Have really enjoyed it this year, wonder if Nibali would have had enough to win if Froome and Contador had stayed in?

I think it would have been very close and Contador and Froome would have had to put in some daring attacks from a long way out to try to claw back the time he won on the cobbles on stage 5. The mountain stages would have been spectacular.

I still enjoyed it, and I think he's a worthy winner. I was surprised to hear he's only the 7th Italian to win it. Considering they're the second biggest cycling nation, that's strange. I suppose all Italians are expected to ride the Giro, so it's hard to be in top condition for the Tour.

Just watching ESPN's documentary about Greg Lemond and Bernard Hinault's rivalry, "Slaying the Badger" and all these people are talking about what a natural leader and all-round boss motherfucker Hinault was and the picture they use to illustrate that is this. How is it possible to look cool while taking a piss? :lol::praise:

s30d8h.jpg

• 1 month later...