Cycling Thread

Anybody going to the Grand Depart on Saturday?

Froome still the overall favourite but Contador looked in stunning form in the mountains recently.

Be nice for Cavendish to win the sprint in his mum's home town but not sure I see it.

Can't wait for this year's tour.

Not to the start exactly, but it's going past the end of my road on Sunday, so I'll be there then!

One of the local pubs in Harrogate has changed it's name from the Coach & Horses to the Cavendish & Horses for the week - be good if he can do it!

Apart from all the bloody adverts, the ITV coverage will do no harm whatsoever to tourism in Yorkshire.

Great coverage of all the villages and towns on the route so far.

Makes you wish you lived there!

Oh.....I do!

Thanks!

Nice up there, too!

Did you get down Reeth way for a look?

I tried, but unbeknown to me all the roads where shut at 7 so I couldn't get anywhere near. I was quite annoyed with myself for not checking. Are you going to try and catch any of the action?

I tried, but unbeknown to me all the roads where shut at 7 so I couldn't get anywhere near. I was quite annoyed with myself for not checking. Are you going to try and catch any of the action?

Unlucky! :(

My lad got into Harrogate today & got a good vantage point 1km from the finish (not near enough to see the crash though!).

Tomorrow, it comes through here at about 11.50 - the route's a mile from our house, so we'll be able to wander down.

Don't know how early we'll have to get down to get a decent viewing spot though!

I bet your lad was buzzing.

I'll be a lesson to you, get there early. Least you can walk down and see it. Enjoy the day (tu)

I think he was - haven't seen him since, as he's out on the lash!

I'll take your lesson on board, thanks - the atmosphere's been great around here for a while, so I hope that'll carry on!

Cheers!

Has there been a crash today? Porte is 8 minutes back!? Or us he just that bad nowadays?

He crashed.

Sounds like a crazy stage. Huge time gaps on the second day :lol: Watching Wimbledon right now but I'll definitely be watching this later.