Cycling Thread

He really has been that dominant.

Hoping he cracks a bit today, to make the last two Alpine stages all to play for.

Any thoughts on Contador at 6s or has he simply lost his edge?

He probably isn't doping hence the reason why he is getting left behind.

Moreno Moser looks like a great talent. I saw his win at Strade Bianchi, beating Sagan and Cancellera but didn't know he could climb like this.

Contador needs to attack on this descent. Froome won't take risks if it's as dangerous as they say.

There he goes :thumbup:

What a stage. Do you think Froome gassed or just needed food?

Must've just misjudged the feeds. It's not often you ride two HC climbs in the one stage, and the pace that Movistar were setting to set it up for Quintana was absolutely brutal.

Froome says they broke the rules because he wasn't able to get food at the start of the climb because of a problem with the team car. Which begs the question, why did he try several attacks when he knew he wasn't feeling good and hadn't refuelled?

He's strong as hell but tactically he's questionable. The carelessness and arrogance that comes with domination?

Froome says they broke the rules because he wasn't able to get food at the start of the climb because of a problem with the team car. Which begs the question, why did he try several attacks when he knew he wasn't feeling good and hadn't refuelled?

He's strong as hell but tactically he's questionable. The carelessness and arrogance that comes with domination?

Bit harsh, Jamie. I put it down to a bit of panic brought on by getting close to the finish line in Paris.

Looks like Porte had to keep him calm a bit as well.

Bit harsh, Jamie. I put it down to a bit of panic brought on by getting close to the finish line in Paris.

Looks like Porte had to keep him calm a bit as well.

I'm not so sure. It wouldn't be the first time in this tour that he has attacked when he didn't need to. It's just the first time he hasn't pulled it off. Knowing that Porte was strong today, he shouldn't have had anything to feel nervous about. All he needed to do was mark Quintana and Contador, not try to put more time into them when he already wasn't feeling good. That's just daft.

I'm not so sure. It wouldn't be the first time in this tour that he has attacked when he didn't need to. It's just the first time he hasn't pulled it off. Knowing that Porte was strong today, he shouldn't have had anything to feel nervous about. All he needed to do was mark Quintana and Contador, not try to put more time into them when he already wasn't feeling good. That's just daft.

I think for the first time he panicked today. Tried to show he still had some gas and break peoples spirit and it failed.

Like you said he should of stayed with Porte.