Olympics-Fury-Welsh-Scots-snub-National-Anthem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179523/London-2012-Olympics-Fury-Welsh-Scots-snub-National-Anthem.html

Thoughts? Although I can understand why it might piss some people if they don't sing the National Anthem as they are representing Team GB but I do think they have the freedom of choice to sing what they want.

Although it is a personal decision I think it would show a bit of class to sing the anthem.Perhaps England should have a different anthem or the national anthem should mention Scotland,England,Wales and Northern Ireland.

Well it is God Save The Queen.................and she is the Queen of those mentioned above.

Well it is God Save The Queen.................and she is the Queen of those mentioned above.

Correct and I have no issue with the anthem but the reason I said mentioning all 4 of the home nations is to take away the "thats the England anthem I am not singing that"(arguement/mentality).

Although it is a personal decision I think it would show a bit of class to sing the anthem.Perhaps England should have a different anthem or the national anthem should mention Scotland,England,Wales and Northern Ireland.

Our National Anthem IS about Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland,

Considering it's all about our Queen. The Queen of all of the above countries.

Our National Anthem IS about Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland,

Considering it's all about our Queen. The Queen of all of the above countries.

Booler I agree if you read the 2nd post of mine I explain it would nullify the "thats the England anthem I am not singing that " argument.

Her grandfather a SNP voter stated he hoped it offended people, what a fucking oul bastard!

Not sure why this gets peoples backs up so much, it's a personal decision. I wouldn't sing the anthem of any nation, I just find nationalism completely stupid.

Not sure why this gets peoples backs up so much, it's a personal decision. I wouldn't sing the anthem of any nation, I just find nationalism completely stupid.

Are you joking? her grandad wants to use her representing Great Britain and the Olympics to offend people? Typical bitter old, uneducated SNP prick. She shouldn't have played if thats how she felt. Classless little ned but no surprise if that's the family that dragged her up.