John Greig .

mick1271

As above . I think that the time is right for him to return as an ambassador for the club . Or course it would depend on him wanting to do it . Day after day CG is gaining more trust from the support and trying to bring JG back to the club would help him gain more.

If it wasn't a memorial to the Ibrox disaster I'd ask for his statue to be removed. All he has ever done is take a wage off Rangers. Conspicuous by his absence in the last few months although not alone in that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this would create a bit of a debate as I knew there was not a lot of love lost with some of the support over his recent time at the club and some of people who have met him havent been overly enamoured with the encounter .its not even a debate , I thought it would be 50/50 for and against but its more like 5% for 95% against ( if that) .

Sandy Jardine has stepped upto the plate more than John Greig ever has

Over the course of the last year, yes he has but I wouldnt disregard john gregs legacy even if he has been posted missing during admin etc

Cannot believe that anybody would post this crap. Have we learned nothing from this debacle ? There are no Rangers legends outwith the club, every single one of them let us down. That includes Smith, Souness, Gough etc. etc. The real Rangers legends are us the fans.

Cannot believe that anybody would post this crap. Have we learned nothing from this debacle ? There are no Rangers legends outwith the club, every single one of them let us down. That includes Smith, Souness, Gough etc. etc. The real Rangers legends are us the fans.

Whit

How the hell can you include Walter Smith in there as not being a Rangers legend?

Whit

I'm sick to the back teeth with all this sycophantic mush we get from fans about certain ex employees, eg. Greig, Smith, Gough & Souness to mention just 4. What did they do to help the club? f-all that's what.

He's an elderly man who doesn't want to know, I would say.

The man should be left to his retirement.

A fair age is Greig, I won't live that long. It's easy from the outside but you are right.

What did he do to help in the last year ?

He put his neck on the chopping block to front a bid and was badly let down by the guys behind it.

We may not have even made it this far without his heroics with the squad and bringing in valuable Champion's League income so that's a bit below the belt.

I'm sick to the back teeth with all this sycophantic mush we get from fans about certain ex employees, eg. Greig, Smith, Gough & Souness to mention just 4. What did they do to help the club? f-all that's what.

Walter smith is to me a true true rangers great, your entitled to an opinion but it sounds more sour grapes imo

John Greig's stature at Rangers is undoubted, but his status as 'the Greatest Rangers ever' doesn't really sit well with me, for me the 'Greatest Ranger of all-time' was leading our boys into battle today and has been leading the club through the darkest days of the clubs history - Alistair McCoist.

In his role as a director, he had a legal responsibility and duty to keep an eye on Whyte and take action where required.

He did not fulfill his responsibilities and was only interested in the free hospitality every fortnight.

What has John Grieg said or done since this whole thing kicked off in defence of the club or the fans? Nothing that I have seen. I adored Greig as a player, not so much as a manager, but quiet honestly for the life of me I don't see that he deserves to be back or indeed that we need him back. I personally don't want him back.

Nah. Thanks but no thanks. Give me wee Doddie, Colin Jackson if you want 'hospitality' from an ex-player.

Doddie and Colin Jackson already do hospitality.

Bomber is in Bar 72 West almost every week. Really nice guy, and always makes time for a chat.

Doddie and Colin Jackson already do hospitality.

Bomber is in Bar 72 West almost every week. Really nice guy, and always makes time for a chat.

I know that. Both have a quick word as they pass me early doors. Big Colin's a really good bluenose - as is the wee man - indeed I met wee Doddie in Stepps Bar on the day of the Big Walk. I merely stated that I'd have both of them representing the club before I'd have Greig back.

I know that. Both have a quick word as they pass me early doors. Big Colin's a really good bluenose - as is the wee man - indeed I met wee Doddie in Stepps Bar on the day of the Big Walk. I merely stated that I'd have both of them representing the club before I'd have Greig back.

I've never met JG, but I vaguely knew his son, and he wasn't a very nice guy. Harmless, but a bit of an arsehole / cunt.

It may be unfair to tar the father with the same brush, so admin please remove this post if it is out of order.

I don't know why Greig has kept quiet, but i'm sure the rest of us don't know either.

Greig is a Rangers legend. I would have expected more from him, but that just moves him down the list of greats a bit. McCloy, Jardine, Miller, Forsyth, Jackson, McDonald, McLean, Russel, (Johnstone removed), Smith, Cooper etc etc will always be legends to me. So Greig will always be a legend and should be part of the club in some way - but not maybe as the greatest any more.

HOW DARE YOU! When i even hear someone mention the name John Greig i think Legend and Greatest Ever Ranger. Nobody just gets a title like that willy nilly. You have to earn it and earn it he has. He was sacked. He didnt walk. Now if we are wanting a statue of Super Ally and/or Davie Cooper then lets do it. Arrange it thru RFFF and get it done. Now is not the time to turn on our own!!!

Him as either player or manager was well before my time, so I can't comment. I accept that he was voted Greatest Ranger a while ago, but that title should belong to Ally.

We don't need figureheads, we need to move forward, with people who have ideas and are willing to help rebuild the club rather than sit in the stands and take a wage.